Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sirus RIPOFF

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sirus RIPOFF

When we bought our used 2010 Ford Edge, the Ford dealer must have given us free service for 6 months.
    After 6 months, i got a letter asking if i wanted to continue service.
    I never knew i had the service and hadn`t even used it. I asked if they could allow me to try it for a month or two. ...Nope
    So they will never get a cent from me.
    Likes Stokdgs, Tpr1634 liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    When we bought our used 2010 Ford Edge, the Ford dealer must have given us free service for 6 months.
    After 6 months, i got a letter asking if i wanted to continue service.
    I never knew i had the service and hadn`t even used it. I asked if they could allow me to try it for a month or two. ...Nope
    So they will never get a cent from me.
    Wow - sorry you didnt know you had it!
    See if you can get on their website and at least register because usually a few times a year, they turn everyone`s sirius registered radio on for a free week on the house...
    Figure out how to access it on your radio and perhaps check it occasionally, and you might just find it working...
    You can get all MLB and NFL on it...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno anything about Sirius sound quality, but I listen through the app. I have the app on my iPhone and my iPhone is my music library wherever I go. I`m hooked into the car stereo via Bluetooth.

I just have an online membership. I think it`s under $20 a month.

I listen exclusively to Howard with Sirius. Nothing else on there ever, except maybe Comedy Greats once in a while.

The second Howard leaves - I leave.

I love Apple Music. Same thing - can stream anything on iTunes anytime & everywhere for $10 a month.

I had those radios years ago and they sucked.

Post Thanks / Like

I had XM for years, they pay stern a lot of money I canceled mine some time ago I don`t care for or listen to Howard so there is no way my hard earned money is going his way.
    Likes ShawnF350, RitcheyRch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post

I listen exclusively to Howard with Sirius. Nothing else on there ever, except maybe Comedy Greats once in a while.

The second Howard leaves - I leave.
    thats why I signed up when he moved over but I stopped listening when he went to 3-4 days a week minus and holiday minus 10 weeks vacation. It became unusual when i tuned in to that station and it was not a best of or old repeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the same to me. I sent a rr letter to cancel. It was ignored. I sent to credit card commonly and they reverse red the charges to the date of the letter. They suck

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Yeah I have it in my Daily Driver/work truck I think its around 200$ a year but its on the business credit card auto pay. I tried canceling once but after i told them i wanted to cancel they stuck me on hold for an hour so i gave up. I almost never listen to it only Saturday and Sunday mornings espn because the local sports shows are running stupid golf shows and infoercials. I hate Sirus.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Drop them Ron, not worth the money and the pain.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

We had it for 6months on my wife`s car when we got it back in `09. I now have a trial on my car and we really do like it especially on long trip where you move in and out of radio station areas. But other than that we don`t see the point of paying for radio when you can have it for free. Now no one like commercials but you can either switch stations or we have iPods loaded with day`s worth of music on playlist.

I would consider paying aging if it was 20-40 bucks for the entire year maybe even 50-60. But now way I am paying those crazy prices just for radio that I can have for free... But everyone has their own preferences and priorities. Heck I am considering getting rid of cable, home phone, just to save some money and validate the cost of my internet and cell phones.
    Likes RitcheyRch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    We had it for 6months on my wife`s car when we got it back in `09. I now have a trial on my car and we really do like it especially on long trip where you move in and out of radio station areas. But other than that we don`t see the point of paying for radio when you can have it for free. Now no one like commercials but you can either switch stations or we have iPods loaded with day`s worth of music on playlist.

I would consider paying aging if it was 20-40 bucks for the entire year maybe even 50-60. But now way I am paying those crazy prices just for radio that I can have for free... But everyone has their own preferences and priorities. Heck I am considering getting rid of cable, home phone, just to save some money and validate the cost of my internet and cell phones.
    I dumped the cable and home phone. I don`t even have a TV that works.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a lifetime membership when it first came out pay 0$ till I or XM/Sirus dies...

Sucks they try and rip people off now.
    Likes RitcheyRch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My Camaro come with 3 months free and now then I get the free 2 week thing. I can`t see paying for it since the stations I always tuned into do a lot of chatting between songs. It maybe commercial free but if I am paying for music I want to hear music not announcers talking about the bands and where they playing. I have a USB port and bought a $10 8G USB stick called the cruzer fit. It is low profile, plugs into the USB port in the arm rest and holds all my music, currently around 1800 songs and probably enough room to hold another 3000 to 4000 songs. No commercials and even though it contains all the music I like if I don`t want to listen to what is playing I click the up button. Try that with Sirius!
    Dean.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We have it @ $89.00 year. We will be keeping it because my wife likes the radio classics station and you know who wins that battle I do like 50,60, 70, some Elvis, Bruce and Frank Sinatra ...

Post Thanks / Like

I had XM in the xterra and loved it. But dropped it. I can pick it up again really cheap. Something like $20 for 3-6 months. When i had it i just got the mostly music package.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I object to all the commercials on a paid/subscription system. It`s absurd.
    Likes RitcheyRch, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got rid of phone service 4 years ago when everyone in the house got a cell phone. Now I am working on cutting the cord to Dish Network. I watch a lot of sports so right now it is difficult to do, but it won`t be long before everything is "ala cart" and we can pick the channels we want to see. My 15 year old never watches TV, all YouTube or Netflix. Saving all my money for detailing supplies. Lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information