Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric cars DIRTIER and COST MORE to run per mile... Say it ain`t so......

Taxes have to be high in Denmark.

How else are they going to pay for all the free government assisted heroin they go through over there?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric cars DIRTIER and COST MORE to run per mile... Say it ain`t so......

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Taxes have to be high in Denmark.

How else are they going to pay for all the free government assisted heroin they go through over there?
    I am sure that really shamed them but they are probably saying stuff about us like why we have some of the highest incarceration rates in the world (2+ million in jail, many on drug crimes) and seem to kill each other regularly. The heroin idea is similar to what we did with Methadone. They became methadone addicts (taking a line from the Woody Allen movie).

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I am sure that really shamed them but they are probably saying stuff about us like why we have some of the highest incarceration rates in the world (2+ million in jail, many on drug crimes) and seem to kill each other regularly. The heroin idea is similar to what we did with Methadone. They became methadone addicts (taking a line from the Woody Allen movie).
    I think my bigger issue with our jail system is how poor our re-arrest rate is. Not to mention we imprison a larger portion of our population than nearly any modernized country. But when 50-70% of those arrested are re-arrest within a few years of release compared to rates half off that elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

The rest of the world struggles to understand how in some segments of our population 70% of Children are born to Parents who are not married

70% of Children who do not have a stable Family or a Father in their life.

This has lead to a Boom in the Prison System and driven demand for Stripper Poles thru the roof
    https://m.facebook.com/detailedbykyle?_rdr
    Likes Dogfather liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Electric cars DIRTIER and COST MORE to run per mile... Say it ain`t so......

There is no shame in the truth. But, it`s really no big deal. We do the same thing here. State funded programs have been paying for "opiate maintenance" in various forms here in PA for years.

The alarming thing is how much it`s on the upswing recently. These programs constantly expand because they are profitable for pharmaceutic manufacturers and actually increase jobs in the private and public sector.

But, you still can`t walk in somewhere here and get shot up legally to get high like you can in Denmark. The frustrating thing is, just like the "electric car" - the worker has to subsidize these things out of his pay check.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    There is no shame in the truth. But, it`s really no big deal. We do the same thing here. State funded programs have been paying for "opiate maintenance" in various forms here in PA for years.

The alarming thing is how much it`s on the upswing recently. These programs constantly expand because they are profitable for pharmaceutic manufacturers and actually increase jobs in the private and public sector.
    So do you think something can/should be done about this? You`re kind of saying you`re a "job creater" because you dispense these opiate substitutes. What would you suggest we do to reduce the constant expansion of these programs? I have heard theories that these types of addiction are genetic and that certain people are unable to take commonly prescribed pain medications without becoming addicted, while others are unaffected.

Is the problem the doctors who routinely prescribe these painkillers after common surgical procedures? Is it the pharma companies pushing the doctors to do this? Is it the stupid patients who can`t tough out the pain? You admit to being "alarmed"; do you have any solutions or suggestions? Just asking.

Post Thanks / Like

So I don`t have to read a lot, would someone tell me how it went from electric cars to drugs?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Paul Mitchell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    So I don`t have to read a lot, would someone tell me how it went from electric cars to drugs?
    Someone wanted to go to Denmark.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Someone wanted to go to Denmark.
    cheese and drugs. hhmmmmm
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Just logged in after a while to see this thread. Where to start!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Wow. Just logged in after a while to see this thread. Where to start!?!
    I`d start with some opiates, while your battery is charging. Then, after it`s charged, I`d drive around and stink up the neighborhood with all that pollution from your Tesla.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Hug a tree and plan your trip accordingly

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

The Tesla is a very kool technology and the first of the mid to high end reliable battery cars I would consider once the charging stations are worked out.

I routinely drive over 300 miles a day (sad but true) and the charging issue is a deal breaker for me.

One of my neighbors picked up an electric smart car to drive to the train station less than 2 miles away and he charges it once every 2-3 weeks. It makes sense in his case, plus they have a chunk of parking reserved for electrics and hybrids.

I don`t know why the battery cannot be recharged from the energy of the spinning wheels? That would be awesome, like and everlasting tank of gas??????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I don`t know why the battery cannot be recharged from the energy of the spinning wheels? That would be awesome, like and everlasting tank of gas??????
    Um...because that would be perpetual motion and violate the laws of thermodynamics. I believe that most (all?) electric cars recover braking energy in the same way hybrids do. If your 300 miles includes a lot of stop-and-go, then a hybrid would serve you well. I`m trying to remember your fleet but Lexus has some very nice hybrids IIRC in both sedan and SUV.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information