Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left over 370Z

Post Thanks / Like

Left over 370Z

New 2014 Nissan 370Z Coupe For Sale | Johnstown, PA | Laurel Nissan 411260

On the local lot. New 2014. Bet they would take any good offer!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Left over 370Z

Exact Miles? Build and delivery date? trust me, this info is very important on a car like this that has been sitting at a dealer.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the day you still own a 370Z though, not sure that`s a positive

Post Thanks / Like

After a quick search via Autotrader I found quite a few dealers still with "new" 2014 stock. Even my dealer 5min away has a loaded black Nismo version. I would say a deal could be had.

On on the one in the OP I would guess 30-31k based on a quick truecar estimate. I just depends on how badly they want to move it.

Post Thanks / Like

There are many 2014 Zs brand new still on dealers lots. Nissan is not offering any incentives to dealers to move them and the dealers won`t come off the price. Try finding a used 2014 Z. Not very many, especially if you are looking for a roadster. They didn`t make many for the U.S. Market. I picked up my 3rd roadster by luck, a 2014 Touring with sport package slightly used for $15k off the sticker, CPO so longer warranty. Loads of fun to drive and you don`t see one on every corner. Every time I fill it up a few people come over and ask questions about it. With all the Vettes, Chargers, Mustangs on every corner it stands out. Don`t get me wrong I love the new Vette, Porschse 911, Jags, but when you drop the tops the prices are crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

I figure the same will happen with the TITANS once the new ones hit the lot....
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    There are many 2014 Zs brand new still on dealers lots. Nissan is not offering any incentives to dealers to move them and the dealers won`t come off the price.
    That`s because the smart consumer won`t buy one. It`s no longer a performance car, the dog won`t even hunt. The days of a sub-3000lb two seater are gone. The FM platform is suited for sedans and Sport SUV`s. 0-60 in 5.1 seconds is mid-pack for sports cars, the new WRX hits it in 4.7. You`d be better off with a new Mustang. And those are strong words from me, a person that wouldn`t buy a Mustang.

$30k for what is essentially a 10YO car. Simply put: smart buyers don`t want them.. THAT is why they`re sitting on dealer lots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    That`s because the smart consumer won`t buy one. It`s no longer a performance car, the dog won`t even hunt. The days of a sub-3000lb two seater are gone. The FM platform is suited for sedans and Sport SUV`s. 0-60 in 5.1 seconds is mid-pack for sports cars, the new WRX hits it in 4.7. You`d be better off with a new Mustang. And those are strong words from me, a person that wouldn`t buy a Mustang.

$30k for what is essentially a 10YO car. Simply put: smart buyers don`t want them.. THAT is why they`re sitting on dealer lots.
    Nonetheless, Im not a Nissan fan by any means although id take a GT-R, my buddy had a red 370z couple years ago with the sport package. It was a pretty fun car.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not going to argue with anyone about my or their choice of cars. The Z is a fun, fast car that can be had for 30k. I don`t want 4 seats. The new Miata might be nice or a Subaru/Toyota BRZ is in that range. I hope the new Mustang is fun to drive, even my 77 year old Mother thinks it is cute, but you need to know she brought in one of the first Toyota Celicas in 1971. The Z is a great car if you have good driving skills and the right place to drive it. I have had MGs, Triumph Spitfires, 2 Vettes, and 3 Zs and I can say the Z is the best but I did love that Spitfire. Enjoy your ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Left over 370Z

I`d take a new Z over a Mustang any day. I don`t care which car is faster. IME, with Ford you get a rolling test mule. Nissan quality is much higher than Ford will ever be, and you don`t see like 50 Zs every time you roll down the road.

For whatever reason, even if the Z is due for a refresh, the car just has more style than a comparable Mustang. I know there are Mustangs that are like 600 HP or whatever now from the factory - but they also aren`t 30k.

That being said, the Z convertible is hideous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I`d take a new Z over a Mustang any day. I don`t care which car is faster. IME, with Ford you get a rolling test mule. Nissan quality is much higher than Ford will ever be, and you don`t see like 50 Zs every time you roll down the road.

For whatever reason, even if the Z is due for a refresh, the car just has more style than a comparable Mustang. I know there are Mustangs that are like 600 HP or whatever now from the factory - but they also aren`t 30k.

That being said, the Z convertible is hideous.
    Nissan has more quality? That`s why owners are complaining of severe rust problems.

And a Mustang GT w/ +400HP can be had in the $30k`s

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend who had one of the first 240Z`s and yeah it was Japanese, light duty interior, etc., but it was a rocking 2-seater for the times..

Have seen the shape and materials evolve over the years, - remember going into a Datsun/Nissan Dealership and seeing the 300Z and that polarizing shape and power, and now
    it has evolved into an even more interesting shape..

I think it looks great standing still or going down the highway..

And for sure you will never see yourself coming back the other direction...

Just not many of them in any year out there..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

After OWNING 3 Z roadsters I can say that they are built very well, not a touch of rust (Georgia). My wife bought a Juke to replace her Frontier. The Juke is strange looking but it grows on you. 188 hp moves pretty good. No problems with rust on it or the Frontier or on the 1993 Nissan truck that I sold 4 years ago. I also owned a beautiful green Maxima I leased for two years back in 1995 and I bought a brand new Sentra for $2995 way back in 1980 that ran basically until the wheels fell off. I`m not a Nissan fanboy by any means, but with experience comes good judgement. Don`t get me talking about my 89 and 93 Vettes, I loved them but fit and finish was not American cars strong points. I`ve always not to say bad things about another guys wife, religion, politics, or choice of ride. Different strokes for different folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Left over 370Z

Well, I`ve had issues with rust on my Pathfinder (2001). In fact, I have an appointment at the body shop on Friday to get the fender re-painted because of a rust patch. The patch is the size of a nickel - but I`m not driving around in anything with swirls on it - no less rust.

The thing is - the truck is so damn reliable and awesome in the snow (real 4WD). It`s comfortable and not a single thing in it doesn`t work perfectly. It gets driven every day. Most of you guys have seen me post numerous reviews with this vehicle and the paint still looks great.

I wouldn`t hesitate to buy another Nissan. The rust didn`t start until the vehicle was 13 years old and driven in salt and snow each year. If it was a POS, I wouldn`t have spent a total of $3k+ to fix the rust.

Most of those JD power surveys and what not are based on "initial quality". I don`t know how Nissan fairs, but long term reliability is what matters to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    not a touch of rust (Georgia)

Well heck, being in the heart of the rust belt like you are that means a lot! You should take it to someplace like... Phoenix to see if the cold affects it too for a good test. The fact that you`ve owned three says you don`t learn the first time

Sorry dude, that rust comment just stripped a lot of credibility IMHO. Maybe if you were in Minnesota, but Georgia? Come on..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information