Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left over 370Z

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Left over 370Z

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    At the end of the day you still own a 370Z though, not sure that`s a positive
    Lemme guess...

A Subaru owner.
    Likes Swanicyouth, rlmccarty2000, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I like the hardtop better New 2014 Nissan 370Z For Sale | Tampa FL

Post Thanks / Like

Just saying I could not comment on rust Because I live in Georgia. I did have my Nissan truck in Honduras on the beach for 10 years with no rust problems. I`m not going to comment on something that I have no knowledge of. Sorry if I confused you.

Post Thanks / Like

I purposely put that I was in Georgia for those that were driving in salt infested areas. Sorry to confuse you. Double post

Post Thanks / Like

I worked at a new car Nissan dealer for 7 years. Let`s just say we had fun when a new Z arrived. Never buy a car off the lot, trust me. Especially one of these.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MooreImpressive View Post
    I worked at a new car Nissan dealer for 7 years. Let`s just say we had fun when a new Z arrived. Never buy a car off the lot, trust me. Especially one of these.
    I work as a tech for Ford for 8 years in the 90s. The best part was taking the LTD cop cars out for "test drives" after the 4.6l came out and we started putting crate engines in them.

It didn`t take long for me to figure out how all the lights and sirens worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    Lemme guess...

A Subaru owner.

Bad guess. Currently a Focus ST and Dodge Challenger R/T. Before that Cadillac CTS-V and before that 6.0 GTO. Closest I ever got was a 300ZX Twin Turbo that I dumped pretty quickly for a 3000GT VR4. I learned after the first Nissan.

Post Thanks / Like

I work at a Nissan Dealership on the West Coast of Canada. It always blows me away how basic the 370z is for the US Market. In Canada it`s seen as more of a luxury Sport car. Even the most basic trim is way more loaded than that Z. There`s a few things people should know,

First of all, Nissan is releasing the 2016 370z right this moment. It`s the same vehicle as now but they made an enthusiast edition. (in canada at least) It looks to be equipped exactly like the one linked. MSRP is 29,998 CAD. In other words, it would cost 24,418.22 USD to have a 2016 Nissan 370z like the one pictured. Though the front bumper design has the LEDs in the new one and wouldn`t have the Rays Superlights like the one pictured.

But 2016 with full warranty, brand new build and delivery date, etc..

Its true that Nissan didn`t incentivate the outgoing 370z`s very well. I think the final buy out was 5 grand. That was the writeback against brand new 370`z that were over a year old. Sounds decent for a year old savings for no KM gain, but not once you reach 2 years old. We sat on more than 1 2013`s until JUST recently. It`s tough when Nissan won`t support it because then the dealer has to take a loss. So they are willing to take an offer and get rid of them, but it`s always hard when the GSM is facing an invoice of 37,000 and you know you have to sell it for 35. I`ve seen it first hand. The conflict in his head when he knows that it`s probably all he`s going to get but that he has to show the General manager that he`s selling a car for 2k under invoice.

Anyway, I tend to babble and I haven`t really posted anything on Autopia before so that`s who I am.

You wouldn`t imagine the stories I have of watching bad details, watching a black 370z being brush washed by a min-wage kid with earbuds listening to eminem.
    Literally. Everyday.

Having customers complain about dust vs customers who took dirty cars. I had one awesome guy who had the xxxxTIEST detail ever and he was like "DONT WORRY BUDDY". He took a microfiber from me and started washing his car as I showed his wife how to hook up the bluetooth.

Weird times.

Post Thanks / Like

A little off topic but the 300zx twin turbos are rapidly becoming collectibles. The auction prices are going up quickly. Automobile mag had a short piece in the back where it features auction results. I think one of the moderators on here has a really modded out 300zx.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what happens to new cars the dealer can`t sell?

Saw several shows about dealerships that closed in the 60`s or 70`s and were recently discovered again. They had a whole host of late 50`s and 60`s cars that were still brand new and wrapped in plastic. The cars were stored in an building on the dealers lot, so they looked mint, most had zero miles on the clock

Anyway with the volume of vehicles dealers buy, they must have to eat some of the cars they purchase- especially with only having a year or so to move them

Post Thanks / Like

dealer I worked for would just keep trying to sell new ones no matter how old. we had a 2001 Focus that was still new on the lot until a week before our first 2004 arrived. it was a 800 day old unit, and every salesperson tried so hard to sell it because it had a flat $500 commission on it. eventually it did sell, still as a new unit. they are considered new until they have been titled. that`s how dealers can get away with selling demos as new, even though some of them have 6 or 7 thousand miles on them. exactly why I order every new car I buy. I`m okay with waiting a couple months to get something factory fresh and untouched with 0 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzman View Post
    Does anyone know what happens to new cars the dealer can`t sell?

Saw several shows about dealerships that closed in the 60`s or 70`s and were recently discovered again. They had a whole host of late 50`s and 60`s cars that were still brand new and wrapped in plastic. The cars were stored in an building on the dealers lot, so they looked mint, most had zero miles on the clock

Anyway with the volume of vehicles dealers buy, they must have to eat some of the cars they purchase- especially with only having a year or so to move them
    We do have to swallow loss on a few new vehicles each year.

It also depends on the company. Some companies dont help out their franchises as much as others. Theoretically they could not put any rebates the outgoing model year which would make the new 2016`s the same price and make the left over 15`s impossible to move, screwing the dealership over completely. Generally they will write them a cheque for a set amount to offset the unsold units and to essentially say they`re your problem now. No more financing options or incentives for it. I`ve had brand new 2013`s in 2015 with very little write back. It`s a difficult position to be in.

And yes, there are bonuses for hitting target. Huge bonuses. But no, the retail floor and sales manager don`t see any of it. So you can walk in and try and say "Sell me below cost. I know you guys get a huge bonus for hitting your target!" but it really wont work. The Sales floor work car to car and the sales manager won`t sell below cost unless he knows he has to. Not to hit a bonus but because he doesn`t wanna be stuck with a "left over" and show losses. The person with a house in the hamptons and is working on their golf game sees that bonus. Not the guy across the desk.

=]

I`d happily answer any questions about the automotive sales business. It`s a LOT different than people think.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information