Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GM to cut Chevy, GMC powertrain warranty to 60K miles

Yeah, I too think that the popularity of leasing makes it easier for them to get away with this. But sheesh, 60K seems awfully low these days, and certainly doesn`t engender confidence.

Swanicyouth- I too think the new `vette is sharp looking, but I find myself thinking that I`d *really* hate to detail one...just lots of little things that look like they`d be a PIA to deal with all the time. Heh heh, reminds me of 1960 Cadillacs- I simply *love* them, but !oh man! would the grille drive me nuts..this whole detailing thing can take some of the fun out of the car hobby if you let it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Swanicyouth- I too think the new `vette is sharp looking, but I find myself thinking that I`d *really* hate to detail one...just lots of little things that look like they`d be a PIA to deal with all the time. Heh heh, reminds me of 1960 Cadillacs- I simply *love* them, but !oh man! would the grille drive me nuts..this whole detailing thing can take some of the fun out of the car hobby if you let it.
    They are a pain. Believe me
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Heh heh, I remind myself that some guys enjoy the process Far be it for me to be a wet blanket...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ronkh- Heh heh, I remind myself that some guys enjoy the process Far be it for me to be a wet blanket...
    I do at the beginning, I do when I`m done/ The mid point................. uhhhhhhhhh
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

From another site

Your motor goes south at 60,000+ miles starting with the 2016 Corvettes? That would now be on you. Cost of replacement for a StingRay LT1 motor is approximately $17,000; for a Z06 LT4, it is about $27,000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    From another site

Your motor goes south at 60,000+ miles starting with the 2016 Corvettes? That would now be on you. Cost of replacement for a StingRay LT1 motor is approximately $17,000; for a Z06 LT4, it is about $27,000
    Lol. There are numerous cases on BMW 7 series where the engine replacement is not warranty and the cost is north of $30k.

Supposedly, there is some issue where the injectors keep pumping excess fuel into the engine until it hydrolocks.

All I can think of is dude driving off the used car lot thinking he`s a baller in his "new" 7 Series with 61k. Next minute - he has a $30k repair bill for a car that prolly didn`t cost him that much.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information