Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Bf goodrich rugged trails tires

Came stock on my 12 xterra. Squeaked by state inspection today. For 29K miles, got to say, these tires wore like crap! No rhyme or reason. Always rotated and babied them. Correct pressure etc. They seemed ok for the first 20k or so. 1 wore more in the middle for no reason. And one is at about 3/32". Vehicle is dead on with alignment also. Well they passed today. Barley. I have not heard good things about this tire from other owners. Looks like baby will need new shoes SOON. LOL. MICHELINS get rave reviews for their ride and WEAR. 70k TIRE. They are very pricey! But guess it gets down to how long you expect to keep your vehicle. They would run around $800/4 for my size. On a good note, the tech said "Wow, you must really take care of that vehicle, inside and out!" One thing about tires, you have so many price points and choices.

On a side note, the GF escape has michelins from the factory. At 26K they barley look used!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bf goodrich rugged trails tires

My BFG All Terrains had 66,100 on them before I had to replace them. Second set not as much....On my friend`s recommendation! I switched to Cooper AT 3`s. They were $40 less a piece and received $80 back for buying 4.
    BTW, I have a Nissan Titan.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bf goodrich rugged trails tires

T/A`s have a stiffer side wall and perform well in on/off road situations with an emphasis on a fairly decent (resist side wall abraisions) off road tire. That said, for the type of driving I do with my 4 wheel drive vehicles I`d recommend the Michelin`s all day long. Unless your going to push these hard in the dirt you will not be disappointed with dual purpose Michelin tires. They wouldn`t be my choice as a dedicated off road tires.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thread Information