Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I nearly started a riot at meijer`s

We usually go to a nearby city 15 miles for our supplies but yesterday we went to a larger city 40 miles one way.

While waiting on my wife at Meijers I decided to clean my car it had collected a few bugs on the way and some dust on the rear.

I had an AG detailing bag in the trunk and I got a bottle of DG-FC&S and a MF towel and started cleaning and some lady shouted at me my car is next that looks beautiful.

Some man sitting in a car near me said to her I have been here longer than you and I`m next he is going to do mine next.

After getting it looking good again I resisted doing anything to it until I got home but I did a good cleaning on it when I got home.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I nearly started a riot at meijer`s

That`s great BB, I get that also once in a while if I`m waiting for the wife while she shops, I also have S and W with me
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Why did you feel like you could not continue cleaning it in front of them? They could learn something.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Why did you feel like you could not continue cleaning it in front of them? They could learn something.
    I cleaned on it until my wife came and I stopped and helped her load the car like a good husband.

You get some weird looks from people walking by but that is ok even my wife tells me i`m obsessed with polishing our vehicles.

I just ask if she would prefer to ride in a dirty one and I get NO answer.

Maestro of Microfiber
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish a car outside in the sun?
    Spend time inside Meijer (or Walmart or..)

You made the right choice, Bart.
    My Indian Name is "Runs With Beer"

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, Bart! I do that too. Seems that men of a certain age don`t really give a darn about what others think!

Taking along some waterless wash, vinyl cleaner and protectant, tire dressing and a ton of mf towels is the only way that I can survive my chauffeuring duties when the girls go to the outlets.

I had an interesting experience recently while messing around with the F250 in the mall parking lot. A van load of young German tourists pulls up (a common occurrence here in MickeyLand). A bunch of very nice kids... they obviously wanted to talk to me. I know enough German to exchange pleasantries, so I learned that the girls wanted to have their picture taken by my truck.

So I say absolutely, and open the driver`s door and motion for them to get in and ham it up. Well, they`re having a ball and I`m talking with the 20 something liebchen`s boyfriend. Turns out they`re from Alzenau, Bavaria... the town my folks fled in the `30s.

Guys, no one is from Alzenau. The population is less than 20,000. I guess you had to be there but it was a really nice, memorable experience.

Where is Rod Serling when you need him?
    JohnHenry

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like

My Grandfather is from Alzenau!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ View Post
    My Grandfather is from Alzenau!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Interesting! Even more so because there`s a curly headed rug rat running around here who calls me "Papa Jay".

I repeat: Where is Rod Serling when you need him?
    JohnHenry

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Bart. I get that too when I am working on cars outside. I ran into a guy yesterday who was driving a red Toyota pick up who said he hand polishes his truck nearly every day and he pulled out some Meg`s Quick Wax spray to show me what he uses. The truck is just over 1 year old daily driver and was near perfect. I have to say I was impressed and told him that I wished I`d had my camera with me.

It is rare to see someone with a real passion for car care like he had so when he asked me if he could get it any glossier I gave him a partial yorker of PB EX-P and told him that it might change his game a little. He applied it to a small area and his face lit up as he said WOW I can see a difference already!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you have some cards to pass out to get some new biz? was that Fort Wayne, Logansport, or Anderson?? I pm`d you a while back and I`m now in Noblesville.

I will have a small bag with me for the new car for trips to keep the bugs off as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by memphisraines26 View Post
    Did you have some cards to pass out to get some new biz? was that Fort Wayne, Logansport, or Anderson?? I pm`d you a while back and I`m now in Noblesville.

I will have a small bag with me for the new car for trips to keep the bugs off as well!
    I was in Kokomo it is on St. rd 35 just east of 31

Post Thanks / Like

When I do my cars in my driveway I get all the people driving by asking what I charge. I usually tell them that these are mine and they smile and move on. Had a really abnoxious guy who was the owner of a contruction business that was doing a major knock down and re buld on my block pull up in a Black G55 AMG and ask how much to make this shine like yours. I had just taken delivery of a new Black M35X. His car was TRASHED. Muddy and in horrific shape. He was like Rodney Dangerfield asking how much do you get for big cars.

I told him I could not touch the car for less than 2 grand and it could go up. He said, whats so much- water, sponge, soap? I said whats so mmuch nails hammers and 2x4`s? The smile fell off his face and he cursed me in a language I did not understand but you know its a curse and he drove off.

Fast forward 3-4 weeks and I am out front with my 12 year old shooting baskets and who drives by? Same guy. Got a pretty dirty look, but thoiugh it was pretty funny.

Detailing the Gulf Coast vitalcarcare's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I told him I could not touch the car for less than 2 grand and it could go up. He said, whats so much- water, sponge, soap? I said whats so mmuch nails hammers and 2x4`s? The smile fell off his face and he cursed me in a language I did not understand but you know its a curse and he drove off.

Fast forward 3-4 weeks and I am out front with my 12 year old shooting baskets and who drives by? Same guy. Got a pretty dirty look, but thoiugh it was pretty funny.
    I love the analogy! Some people just dont get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vitalcarcare View Post
    I love the analogy! Some people just dont get it.
    Yup --even some detailers when dealing with another service/product provider.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Detailing the Gulf Coast vitalcarcare's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Yup --even some detailers when dealing with another service/product provider.
    Very true!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information