Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Funny Detailing Story

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    So for anyone who originally read this, I was out for dinner with my Wife over Labor Day Weekend and I ran into the husband in this story. He and his wife have since divorced and we had a great laugh at recounting the whole event. He had traded the Porsche in for a Benz and still lives locally.

He tells me that as he has gotten older, he is not so critical of his paint finish and admits to using the swirl a matic as his main mode of "detailing". He also told me that he re-tells this story a few times every few years and gets a good laugh each time.

It really takes me back and makes you smile!
    Sounds like trading her in was a good move; he should have kept the Porsche!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Sounds like trading her in was a good move; he should have kept the Porsche!
    They were always a miss-matched couple. He was such a good guy and great cusotmer. She was always unhappy and suspicious about what I was doing and just upset that I was washing what she considered to be a clean car.

It taught me customer service at an early age. It paid off because I earned more than my friends over those summers and at times detailing was my only job. The detailing jobs carried over into the school year so that certianly helped. This particular cusotmer gave me alot of referals consistanting of his friends and guys from his Country Club. These referals kept me busy outside my immediate neighborhood. He would just tell me, "save Friday afternoons for him always"-and I did. It was great money for me at that time in my life and washing a Porsche was alot of fun for a kid who was car crazy from birth.

Way back then the supplies we quite basic-Armorall, a can of Turtle Wax, Liquid Ebony for dark cars & 3M Fill in Glaze for light colored cars (Todd-do you even remember these last two products), Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover, Dupont #7 Polishing compound, never dull for the exhaust pipes, Windex, tuff stuff for interiors and Zip-wax car wash. A single gray bucket and a sponge. I dried all the cars with something called and absorber (synthetic cloth).

Fun to remember those times.

Post Thanks / Like

That is absolutely knee-slapping hilarious. Some people are in a world of their own. Not trying to "one up" you or hi-jack your thread but I have a shorter story I would like to share about a coworker.

A woman I work with is a total car slob. She leases her cars and almost never cleans them. Whenever I get in she always has to move stuff off the seat and my feet are in a sea of garbage. So one day she actually traded her car in for a new one and another woman I work with literally paid her a compliment on how nice a job she did on cleaning it!!! hahha it was a totally different car (same make and model but newer)but no one realized.
    Best In Show Mobile Auto Detailing

Don
    Owner/ Operator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwav86 View Post
    That is absolutely knee-slapping hilarious. Some people are in a world of their own. Not trying to "one up" you or hi-jack your thread but I have a shorter story I would like to share about a coworker.

A woman I work with is a total car slob. She leases her cars and almost never cleans them. Whenever I get in she always has to move stuff off the seat and my feet are in a sea of garbage. So one day she actually traded her car in for a new one and another woman I work with literally paid her a compliment on how nice a job she did on cleaning it!!! hahha it was a totally different car (same make and model but newer)but no one realized.
    I dont get why people want to ride around in a pig stye. I understand that some people can live with out a show car finish, but to ride in a garbage dump is crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it`s just one of those things that no one will ever know the answer to. On a regular basis I see people with crap filling the back seats and blocking the rear window....barely enough room to fit a driver. I just don`t understand.
    Best In Show Mobile Auto Detailing

Don
    Owner/ Operator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information