Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Craziest thing you have found in a detail

Ok I know this is an old thread and I am not a pro-detailer, but I will tell on myself.

I recently took a brand new(I had it 3 days, the truck was built about a month prior) 2015 Ram to be clayed and detailed. When I returned to pick up the truck, it looked great, until.... the detailer asked me if I knew the driver side fender had pearl coat while the rest of the truck was just black. The truck had been wrecked and "fixed" prior to me getting it at the dealer I found damage on the bottom of the driver side door. The dealer hardly washed it so the pearl coat was not noticeable. Needless to say I was back at the dealer making them switchout for a new un-wrecked truck and ended up tipping the detailer like 50%.

So not gross, but pretty crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know where you`re located, but some states (like here in NJ) passed "lemon laws" that included curtailing the practice you mention. At one time a vehicle could be damaged on the dealer lot or in transit and be a hair away from being totaled, but be repaired and sold as "new" if it had never been titled.

I don`t remember what the threshold is here now, but if the damage is above a certain dollar amount, the dealer has to sell it as a used car.

Post Thanks / Like

It is $2000 here in FL from what I have read, the dealer brought in another truck to replace the wrecked one. Sad thing is that the sparkle fender truck as I call it was supposed to be a replacement for a new truck that I had lemon lawed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don`t know where you`re located, but some states (like here in NJ) passed "lemon laws" that included curtailing the practice you mention. At one time a vehicle could be damaged on the dealer lot or in transit and be a hair away from being totaled, but be repaired and sold as "new" if it had never been titled.

I don`t remember what the threshold is here now, but if the damage is above a certain dollar amount, the dealer has to sell it as a used car.
    In NJ, over $2,000 and it must be disclosed to the customer.

I work at a BMW dealer and every service car gets washed and vacuumed. So far I`ve found an open pack of "performance" enhancing pills, 2 large stalks of broccoli, pretty much a whole wardrobe in the backseat, and other people have found a half eaten mozzarella stick, and vomit in the passenger foot well. Also, we must vacuum around the trash because we`ve actually had people complain about empty food wrappers and drink containers being thrown away.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information