Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Craziest thing you have found in a detail

I detailed the interior of a Jeep Cherokee once, and it was ABSOLUTELY horrific. Every inch of carpet and floormat was encrusted with god knows what. The worst part was when I flipped the rear seat cushion forward to clean under them, there was a COMPLETE HAPPY MEAL!!!! Burger, fries, toy, everything. I don`t know. How do you let your children get into a car that is THAT DIRTY.

I have also found thongs and such. Usually I just throw them out as to not embarrass the customer. Also, I feel it`s not my responsibility to keep track of your underwear.

Coolest thing I ever found was a diamond tennis bracelet. The customer swore they lost it, but having the car detailed was the last hope they were hanging onto. It was the first gift her husband gave her when they started dating, so it meant a lot. I found it in the folds of the carpet. Got a free lobster dinner since they owned a restaurant.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    New gun for you then.
    My thought exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamAuto View Post
    ...Coolest thing I ever found was a diamond tennis bracelet. The customer swore they lost it, but having the car detailed was the last hope they were hanging onto. It was the first gift her husband gave her when they started dating, so it meant a lot. I found it in the folds of the carpet. Got a free lobster dinner since they owned a restaurant.
    They didn`t put much effort into finding it did they?

Lobster dinner is a pretty nice tip! A good one would be pretty pricey around these parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    My thought exactly.

Only with my luck, the gun would be something like a Jennings with a non rifled barrel that you can`t hit the side of a barn with.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

My thought exactly.

They didn`t put much effort into finding it did they?

Lobster dinner is a pretty nice tip! A good one would be pretty pricey around these parts.
    It was REALLY in the fold. It was an older car where they didn`t skimp on the carpet so the pieces just came to meet and stapled in place, it was deep between the seats on the passenger side.

Post Thanks / Like

1. An older guy had been driving an hour and couldnt hold it so he xxxx him self.. and then the smell made him puke all over the steering wheel and vents.. He wore really small " short shorts.. The xxxx was on the seat.

2. Condoms (used) My guys were throwing it at each other...

3. spilt hotdish that was in the car for over a year ... Talk about mold...

4. Dog xxxx ( and not a hard dog turd ) took the fabric off the padding and put it in the washing machine..

5. 13 dead mice in a Viper

6.Flood Cars

7.semi`s dirty mags.

8. I could keep going on this subject..
    Kevin Smith

Straightlinedetailing.com

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aliengotpsi View Post
    1. An older guy had been driving an hour and couldnt hold it so he xxxx him self.. and then the smell made him puke all over the steering wheel and vents.. He wore really small " short shorts.. The xxxx was on the seat. That is absolutely disgusting.

2. Condoms (used) My guys were throwing it at each other...Again, disgusting.

3. spilt hotdish that was in the car for over a year ... Talk about mold... I had someone spill some food (that served 50 guests) all over their back seats. They had the trays in the back seat, hit the breaks, and it went everywhere. I had to remove the rear seat, removes the fabric from the padding, and soak everything. It was some sort of garlic, alfredo chicken stuff. It caked under the carpet, so that had to be removed as well and the padding replaced.

4. Dog xxxx ( and not a hard dog turd ) took the fabric off the padding and put it in the washing machine..Ahhhhh, runny dog crap smells so nice

5. 13 dead mice in a Viper

6.Flood Cars I love doing these types of vehicles

7.semi`s dirty mags.

8. I could keep going on this subject..
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The craziest thing I found was a CLEAN INTERIOR on a suburban and the owner has 3 small kids
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB View Post
    The craziest thing I found was a CLEAN INTERIOR on a suburban and the owner has 3 small kids
    Good one

The best thing you can do for yourself and your regular clients is preach/push proper matting. Such a time saver for you and helps the client retain value. I use heavy duty rubber mats in all of our personal vehicles. They can be pricey at initial purchase, but I have negotiated OEM rubber mats for my new vehicle purchases. The mats in the Volvo are going on 14 years and still in very good condition.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Good one

The best thing you can do for yourself and your regular clients is preach/push proper matting. Such a time saver for you and helps the client retain value. I use heavy duty rubber mats in all of our personal vehicles. They can be pricey at initial purchase, but I have negotiated OEM rubber mats for my new vehicle purchases. The mats in the Volvo are going on 14 years and still in very good condition.
    I bought a new Explorer in 92 it has the Ford mats in it and after 18 years they still look good and the carpet looks like new.

It has never had any cover on the seats and they show NO wear look like new also.
    Perhaps this is due to no kids to trash it.

Post Thanks / Like

Dirty diaper`s, fries, melted down candy between seats or in cup holders, dog crap/mouse crap, used/new condoms, ammunition (223 rounds), milk stains from baby bottles(found the bottle to so I assumed it was milk lol) old old burito undeneith a spare tire once, change, 2 GPS, 1 iPhone and quite a few mp3 players!

About 5 years ago I worked at a GM dealership and I did a side job for the business manager. She had a 5 series BMW it was fairly clean all and all.. Most interesting thing was shoe prints on the roof liner and a thong was wedged between the armrest and passenger seat. Obvious what went on but her husband travels for work and is away more then he was home :/.. I put the undies on top the drivers side sunviser. She must have found them bc next time I saw her she was blushing quite a bit...

Post Thanks / Like

An oldie but a goodie.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

A bag of weed and a pipe...

The pipe was underneath the seat and I didn`t want to leave it there in case the owner got pulled over. So I stuck it in the ashtray. After I got done detailing his car I told him about the pipe, and he tells me "Yeah I`ve been looking for that, if you want you can go load yourself a bowl and take a couple of hits" I told him I was alright. lol
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E`s Exteriors View Post
    A few years ago at a detail shop I was working at I found a lady`s "speacial toy"
    What the heck!? I guess it makes those long red stop lights more enjoyable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything from used condoms, wedding rings, even found a pair of earrings, unfortunately for her husband since they weren`t hers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Craziest thing you have found in a detail

Some of the things mentioned and 9mm bullets in seat tracks. Live mice as soon as I started vacuuming running crazy. A dead baby goat in a cooler w/dry ice (client had spilled coffee on way to get autopsy accidentally popped lid when I was making room for wet floor mats in back so she could get on her way.) Two live baby raccoons in trunk of a rusted out car in a barn.(owner had trapped mother we were looking for the babies) dead rattle snake behind hubcap of wheel.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information