Post Thanks / Like

I Still Can`t Do It...

So I`m in Overland Park, Kansas (suburb of Kansas City) for school for the next six weeks. I drove out here from Portland with my Santa Fe and even took the time to pack a MF wash pad, my waffle weave drying towel, a wheel mitt, some soap and other items.

Naturally the front of the car is covered in bugs from the 1,900 mile drive. I got into OP last night and started Googling for car washes this morning. For about 20 minutes I seriously considered taking it to an automatic tunnel wash but after thinking about all the damage that could be done, I chose not to. I have only gone through a tunnel once before and that`s because I was incapacitated due to surgery and couldn`t lift a bucket. That and the wash was free.

I`m going to go to a do-it-yourself place with all my wash stuff later today and clean her myself.
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Still Can`t Do It...

Quote Originally Posted by OCDinPDX View Post
    So I`m in Overland Park, Kansas (suburb of Kansas City) for school for the next six weeks. I drove out here from Portland with my Santa Fe and even took the time to pack a MF wash pad, my waffle weave drying towel, a wheel mitt, some soap and other items.

Naturally the front of the car is covered in bugs from the 1,900 mile drive. I got into OP last night and started Googling for car washes this morning. For about 20 minutes I seriously considered taking it to an automatic tunnel wash but after thinking about all the damage that could be done, I chose not to. I have only gone through a tunnel once before and that`s because I was incapacitated due to surgery and couldn`t lift a bucket. That and the wash was free.

I`m going to go to a do-it-yourself place with all my wash stuff later today and clean her myself.
    For a moment you had me scared
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve done that at a few places when I`m not near home. You`ll get a few wierd looks, but you`re vehicle will look great afterwards.

On a side note, you might want to stop in at a place called Yia Yia`s while you`re there. It`s a great place to eat with pretty reasonable prices.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont we have a member from Lee`s Summit, MO. Its just a winding road from Overland Park if I remember correctly. Its been 6 years any way.

Post Thanks / Like

I washed her about an hour ago at a do-it-yourself stall. I also talked to a really nice couple who brought their Corvette in to get the bugs off.

She looks much better now and I can actually see out of the windshield. The car has been garaged since new and I really don`t like having her parked outside. Hence, I`ve parked her in this small 2-car space that goes ignored by most and is visible from my room.

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You`re a smart man. I made the mistake of neglecting my duties on Sheila`s minivan and allowed her to take it to the local tunnel wash last year. Big mistake.

One trip completely ruined her wheels and severely dulled out her side mirrors. Most tunnel washes aren`t that bad but this one was horrible! A major chain too!

It just goes to show that scratching the paint isn`t the only thing you have to worry about when you let car washes get a hold of your car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCDinPDX View Post

I am so glad you came to your senses. For a minute I thought I was going to have to drive up to KANSAS to do an intervention on you.She sure is a sweet lookin ride I luv silver cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    One trip completely ruined her wheels and severely dulled out her side mirrors. Most tunnel washes aren`t that bad but this one was horrible! A major chain too!

It just goes to show that scratching the paint isn`t the only thing you have to worry about when you let car washes get a hold of your car.
    Yeah...especially because my year Santa Fe has problems with clearcoat peeling off plastic surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by flash gordon View Post
    She sure is a sweet lookin ride I luv silver cars.
    Thanks, man. She`s my baby.

Post Thanks / Like

Bird POO!!!

Two of them aimed and struck my hood. I just went out with a small amount of car wash soap and water, wet the area and wiped them off gently. I hate having this car parked outside. It makes keeping them clean exponentially harder.

That and I finally beat the jerk in the Impala who stole my space last night by occupying the entire thing. So I got a school buddy to park his Galant next to me. The Impala leaves here before I do and I make it back before he does. So long as we can keep this up I`ll be fine.

Thread Information