Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas Station Dummies

Quote Originally Posted by AspenF150 View Post
    Speaking of stupid people like that, is there really any benefit to leaving your car run while your pumping gas? The pumps specifically state to turn your vehicle off before pumping gas but everyone around here does it. I never do it though.
    there is no benefit at all other than on most newer cars the cap is linked to the emissions system and you could get a check engine light due to it. I also like to moron attendants that don`t listen to your request. When I had my WRX impreza I told the moron to fill it with premium they put regular in my car instead. I noticed this, jumped out and proceded to get yelled at for touching the pump. When I yelled back at him that I said premium and not regular I got the dumd head tilted stare. I then pointed out the premium only sticker on the gas door. I then paid for the 2 dollar worth of regular and left him holding the nozzle and went to another station and got sunoco 94 for cheaper. Got to love the moron`s in this world.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onawrxhigh View Post
    there is no benefit at all other than on most newer cars the cap is linked to the emissions system and you could get a check engine light due to it. I also like to moron attendants that don`t listen to your request. When I had my WRX impreza I told the moron to fill it with premium they put regular in my car instead. I noticed this, jumped out and proceded to get yelled at for touching the pump. When I yelled back at him that I said premium and not regular I got the dumd head tilted stare. I then pointed out the premium only sticker on the gas door. I then paid for the 2 dollar worth of regular and left him holding the nozzle and went to another station and got sunoco 94 for cheaper. Got to love the moron`s in this world.

Andrew
    Maybe he knows something..that even if you had selected premium, it was just getting regular anyway ...

Al
    The Need to Bead

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Maybe he knows something..that even if you had selected premium, it was just getting regular anyway ...

One reason I have been given for running the car while pumping is for the benefit of the passengers. My friend does it all the time to keep the A/C running. It hasn`t been a problem for him yet. He laughed at me when I said something to him and since he had a long track record of doing it, I couldn`t tell him it was dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watch, it`ll happen again on December 21, 2012...or maybe it won`t. No point in filling up if the world is mere moments from perceived apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by AspenF150 View Post
    During the new millenium new years 1999 - 2000, OMG! people just flocked to the gas station! The day before I just put gas in my old truck and YEA RIGHT! the world was going to end!

Then my neighbor when I first moved into my place, has the nerve to drive down to my house and tell me "Hey Mike, it might not be a bad idea to put some gas in your truck"
    I just said, "Ok, I`ll be there in a minute"

Some people.
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information