Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Losing my drive?

It seems here lately like I am losing my drive/desire for detailing. I`ve never been a professional, although I do some "customer" vehicles. I generally do it for the fun of it and for the reward of a pristine looking vehicle. Anyone else get this feeling? I had a four day weekend, with wonderful weather and did not once attempt to try and clean up my rides. I just didn`t have it in me.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Losing my drive?

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    It seems here lately like I am losing my drive/desire for detailing. I`ve never been a professional, although I do some "customer" vehicles. I generally do it for the fun of it and for the reward of a pristine looking vehicle. Anyone else get this feeling? I had a four day weekend, with wonderful weather and did not once attempt to try and clean up my rides. I just didn`t have it in me.
    Jared it`s not unusual especially after the birth of a child and the time and lack of sleep that comes with the new life style
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

We all hit the wall once in a while, not just in detailing....summers on the way and you will get back on track as it dose
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I truly understand but for me the pollen kills me. I hate cleaning with a mask on and when I snatch the mask off I always get to sniffling and sneezing. I started for the love of a shiney vehicle now it is becoming a necessary income do to the cost of living increasing. Last Saturday I had to drag myself out of bed to get to my client`s home.

I truly feel ya man!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you and know how you feel, although I think it maybe different for us in the true winter areas that can`t detail or really clean our cars because of the weather and or cold conditions.

But even I saw my car today and it needs a wash badly, I just don`t feel like doing it...
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

It happens eventually. I often find excuses to not do it. Things like "It`s going to rain tomorrow" or "The road is wet from the rain yesterday." It`s even worse now during pollen season. I want my car too look clan, but I know it will be covered in pollen an hour after I wash, dry and quick detail it.

You`ll even find a slot for detailing into your schedule and life. You probably just need a break.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Jared it`s not unusual especially after the birth of a child and the time and lack of sleep that comes with the new life style
    JP, I have to agree with Steve on this one. You probably have alot on your plate right now with your family, etc. Every once in a while I feel how you do and there is always tons of other concerns on my mind. It will pass over soon and you can get back out there. I definitely wouldn`t say you are loosing your drive. Take it easy and get back out there when the mood hits you.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Try it with twins.. you`ll not only lose that drive but
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there, Jared. Everyone hits a low time. Guilt is not a very good motivator. Believe me...I know. I went close to 9 months not doing anything on my truck. Eventually pride will take control and your energy will improve. Just do not be hard on yourself.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has that sometimes. I went through a rough time with a few deaths in the family and a surgery. I let my cars get so bad, I was ashamed of them. I started out again slowly, and before I knew it, I was having to be dragged out of the garage again to eat. It will comeback. Just give it some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they can make a pill and call it Waxagra.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jared, I`m right there with ya man. I just don`t feel like it. I`ve had a PC now for over a year and the only time it`s been out of the box is when I first got it.I`ve got plenty of pads and prods. but not plenty of drive.I`m .
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Maybe they can make a pill and call it Waxagra.
    You WIN!
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

We all get that way Jared, take a break for a while, there will be something out there to polish when you are ready...Like every else pointed out you got a lot going on right now wait till your little one is looking to help, you won`t be able to get out there enough.

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

JaredPointer,

I never lose my drive when detailing for customers who appreciates the end results, and is willing to fairly compensate for one`s knowledge and skill. On the other hand, I can be downright rude, when I get a call from a "potential customer" who wants their 5 year old pig restored back to showroom condition for $150.

I have been on this forum for quite a while, and have read many of your post. You ARE a professional, and I would not hesitate to refer you to anyone I know. Life is crazy, keep things in perspective. Take a break if you need it. I was probably the most passionite drug free bodybuilder on the planet 10 years ago. I took a 10 year break, and will be back on stage bigger an better than ever on April 19. maybe you need to take a breather, but don`t take 10 years !!! I`ll come looking for you.
    No buff to tuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information