Every car is do is video taped slowly. I email or text a copy to the owner. My voice notes document any issues. I also get a signature that I am not responsible for anything. I can’t be responsible for poor body work, paint for a clear that’s compromised. I do my best but I’m not looking to be left holding the bag. I’d thry can not tolerate it. Fine with me. Go somewhere else. I’m not in the business so insurance is not worth it to me. Just some extra $ if the car , job or person strikes me right.

I don’t drive the car off property or they drop off or I do it at their place. And if It at my home and move it in and out of the garage it’s video taped the whole time anyway.

So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by siceci View Post
Hi, I don`t have the experience in detailing business but from a business perspective I would be very weary of taking on side work for 6 figure vehicles out of your garage for cash.

From your OP you have a lot of experience but on a narrow scale as far as vehicle make/model/color/age/condition is concerned. What happens if you do ten perfect details then make a mistake on a 200,000$ classic and the owner becomes disgruntled?

I know you are experience but maybe take on a part time gig with a detailer that is insured to get some volume and diversity under your belt? With your experience you can probably dictate the terms of your employment and choose what you want to work on so you don`t have to do camrys.

I don`t know if my input is helpful but my hope is to give you a different perspective.