Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The dumbest detailing spray ever

The scented sprays are really the only CG stuff I can recommend. The grass one sounds a little crazy. I guess they would make good gag gifts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yuck...Meth usually smells even worse than beer.
    Maybe go with this instead?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll admit to using those little trees in my junkers. I`ve got a water leak that I can track and rather not smell wet under padding, lol.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    I`ll admit to using those little trees in my junkers. I`ve got a water leak that I can track and rather not smell wet under padding, lol.
    Guilty of using those at times too, though I throw them under the seat. But I was making fun of the bourbon sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- Heh heh...good one Whiskey is another thing I don`t like smelling (though at least I do like the taste of that compared to beer). I bet such fresheners seem like a *really* good idea when the nice LEO pulls ya over!

The Air Freshener that sticks in my mind was from Turtle Wax in `76- a green plastic turtle that smelled like, uhm...a nice chem lab I guess, good in that PD/Aromatic Hydrocarbon/ "this can`t be healthy!" kind of way. My 16YO self thought it`d hide the fact that I was smoking in my (nonsmoker) father`s car

I`m still all about my vehicles smelling like what they are. Even the older ones, even the 18YO dog-hauling Tahoe. When I get into some vehicle that smells like an "applied scent" I want *out*. But then I can`t stand the New Car Smell of some of today`s vehicles either; don`t think I`d enjoy a new Audi for that reason alone.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Dan- Heh heh...good one Whiskey is another thing I don`t like smelling (though at least I do like the taste of that compared to beer). I bet such fresheners seem like a *really* good idea when the nice LEO pulls ya over!

The Air Freshener that sticks in my mind was from Turtle Wax in `76- a green plastic turtle that smelled like, uhm...a nice chem lab I guess, good in that PD/Aromatic Hydrocarbon/ "this can`t be healthy!" kind of way. My 16YO self thought it`d hide the fact that I was smoking in my (nonsmoker) father`s car

I`m still all about my vehicles smelling like what they are. Even the older ones, even the 18YO dog-hauling Tahoe. When I get into some vehicle that smells like an "applied scent" I want *out*. But then I can`t stand the New Car Smell of some of today`s vehicles either; don`t think I`d enjoy a new Audi for that reason alone.
    I love the smell of a car the way it comes too but I keep ending up with smoker cars for some reason. And I am alergic to smoke and hate the smell. I`ve been reasonably successful in getting rid of the smell though. A deep cleaning and time seem to do a good job. The latest car might have me getting an ozone generator.

I miss the awesome scent of my B7S4. That car had awesome leather recaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I love the smell of a car the way it comes too but I keep ending up with smoker cars for some reason. And I am alergic to smoke and hate the smell. I`ve been reasonably successful in getting rid of the smell though. A deep cleaning and time seem to do a good job. The latest car might have me getting an ozone generator.

I miss the awesome scent of my B7S4. That car had awesome leather recaros.
    After pulling off the door panels while installing a stereo and seeing the pure nicotine left behind by the previous owner I wonder how anyone can get rid of the smell. I have seen many chemical and other devices said to remove the odor but is that really possible? I had an uncle that smoked 3 packs a day of unfiltered Camels (and lived to be 82) and above his favorite chair the ceiling was brown from cigarette smoke. The central air was full of nicotine stains. I always wondered how the next owners of the house got rid of the smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Some vehicles retain smoke odors a lot more than others. NOBODY can ever notice that we smoked in our Audis and the Jag, but if somebody has one cigarette in a Crown Vic I`ll smell it forever (nobody smoked in our current one).

Dan- Yeah, the Audis still smelled "right" during the B7 era, but they started getting, uhm...different...soon thereafter.

Be sure to get a *good* ozone generator. I like my AirZone, but it was kinda pricey.

Post Thanks / Like

Beer, really! As said, just what you need the car to smell like if you get pulled over.

Those scented trees reminds me of a friend of my brothers that had to light one on fire, well actually smolder.

If I had saw they had the fresh cut grass scent I would seriously think about buying it. The only thing I like about mowing grass is the scent afterward especially if there is a slight rain afterwards or when you cut in the evening and the dew sets in. I also like the scent of fresh cut alfalfa.

Since we are on the topic of scents. A while back I was in Walmart and picked up a tub type scent called Refresh Your Car(just looked it up), cool breeze I think it is. Smells kind if like carnauba wax. I really like the scent.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

skibik- Walmart or not, that Cool Breeze stuff might not be too bad if something like that is necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessary but nice to smell something in the vehicle then no smell at all. It has turned to an ice brick so not much of a scent now.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

I like my strawberry and vanilla poorboys deodorizers. Those scents make sense. Lol

I`ll start offering the beer and stripper scent to my customers and call it the "ultimate dog house" package. Hehe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes GearHead_1, Dan, RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I too like PB’s strawberry and vanilla scents. They are the ones I keep on hand. Can’t lie, I do have some Stripper in the cabinet too.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They are on a roll...

Mmmmm bacon..lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, saw that in one of their emails. Can`t imagine...but to each his own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information