Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    So pix of you guys, in equally unflattering light/etc. would be a lot more appealing, right? Like... no double-digit bodyfat, perfect complexions, right amount of hair in (only) all the right places...and of course you`re at least as muscular as any of those gals, right? Just askin` :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    palmela handerson would be more appealing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the `80`s I was a gym rat. I went straight to Gold`s after work 5 days a week and sometimes on Saturday, I was in my best shape ever - 155-160 lbs, bench 275, squat 305 and level 11 (out of 15) on the stairmaster (gotta do cardio!). I worked out with an American Indian lady and she was all natural. And just as dedicated, she worked hard, ate right, and only took the supplements sold at GNC. I never competed cause at 5` 8" - I would need to be around 180-185 lbs and honestly - unless I took steriods, I didn`t have a chance. My lady was not big on becoming a man so she lost to the girls that did abuse their bodies with male hormones and steroids. Any woman or man that competes in the "pro" contests and says they aren`t on the juice are full of sh!t. The old grim reaper will come calling a whole lot sooner if you do and it`s affects are not reported nearly as well as they should be. I`ve seen friends lose everything due to steroids more often than I`ve seen others lose it due to cocain, why - I guess people assume getting big and strong chemically is ok.

Fast forward to 2011 - it seems that women`s bodybuilding is just a small niche thing with only a few fans. However, fitness shows that are heavily tested for drugs are poppular. GOOD!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Junebug- So get back in the gym already :boink: It was easy for us to be in shape back then, gotta *want* it now

Glad your lady friend had the sense to avoid the juice.

Wonder which StairMaster your place had...mine`s from `89 (PT 4000) and it only goes up to 10 (which is plenty since I got it rebuilt, the new model`s motor raised things up about 1.5 levels).

Yeah, the whole chemical end of bodybuilding is just so antithetical to what it`s supposed to be about :tsk: The various reasons why people (of both sexes) feel the need to do that [stuff] are, IMO, just....sad.

OK, rant time: The same stuff people are making fun of on this thread gets back to, gee, *whose* standards?!? :think: "Gotta be ultra-tan and as lean and muscular as (in)humanly possible." Why do people think women put themselves through all that to look that way?

Did somebody mention Pamela Anderson? "Gotta be a blonde, and have bigger lips and [breasts] girl, or you`ll never make it in this town."

[Accumulator climbs down off soapbox...for now.]

Post Thanks / Like
    I would join the priesthood before I touched one of them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information