113. You may not vote on this poll
  • KEEP IT & MAKE IT EASIER TO BUY

98 86.73%
  • SEND IT THE WAY OF THE DINOSAUR

15 13.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meg`s #16 Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    ok people, how many of you ordered more #16 after reading mike`s message about it maybe going the way of the dinosaur. As I type this I`m also ordering 3 more cans just to be on the safe side. would hate to see it go, really is some of the best stuff I put on my silver birch metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought a tin today before hearing this to try it out. If it looks as good as S100, I`ll be getting at least one more. I`m obsessing the paste waxes right now...

S100

Natty`s

Harly
    Triple Honda Owner

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m okay if they discontinue #16 as long as they replace it with a durable old-skool paste wax that smells like crayons and beads like mad.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thinksnow

I`m okay if they discontinue #16 as long as they replace it with a durable old-skool paste wax that smells like crayons and beads like mad.

:xyxthumbs

I just ordered 3 tins.........
    2005 Cummins 4x4 6sp

2002 4.7 WJ

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are lucky...Up here in Toronto, I`m having no luck in finding/ordering a tin of #16. They will only order if I buy a case. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be seriously unhappy if they discontinued #16. My father, who had been using it since the mid 70`s introduced me to it back in 1981 or so when I got my first car at 17, and I`ve used it ever since.

Just ordered a tin the other day before hearing about this, now I guess I`ll need to stock up.

--Carl

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, I have one can, and my opinion is that it would last 5 years no problem.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mosca

LOL, I have one can, and my opinion is that it would last 5 years no problem.

Tom

Hahaha :xyxthumbs Agreed! I have had a tin for a few months now and I can see myself waxing cars with it until the cows come home!

I find it to be a wonderful topper not only because of the look, but the durability. I feel good knowing that the cars I detail will look good longer than the typical detail. That has been my biggest complaint - people saying their old detail lasted for like 6 weeks.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I heard they were gonna discontinue it, it turned out to be a false alarm, but I guess this time it`s for real (those VOC regulations...). Even if they *did* reformulate it, I dunno if I`d like the new version as well.

Oh well, the stuff has an incredible (indefinite?) shelflife, as long as the cans are sealed and stored properly. A case oughta last me just fine, so knowing me, I`ll probably order two

Post Thanks / Like
    curse you all. gonna have to buy a tin now.

Post Thanks / Like
    is mike really discontinuing it though? i thought he said in the other thread that megs had NO PLAN to

Post Thanks / Like
    I predict you`ll see almost ALL carnauba waxes disappear in the near future. Sales won`t offset the expense of reformulation, assuming it can even be done.

Why do you think we`ve seen the rapid expansion of low solvent/water based sealants in recent years? Blackfire, 4 Star, Wolfgang, NXT, Reflections, etc., all have been developed to comply with the upcoming EPA VOC regs.

The market is changing and these new products will fill the void left behind when the #16`s of the world disappear.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

Oh well, the stuff has an incredible (indefinite?) shelflife, as long as the cans are sealed and stored properly. A case oughta last me just fine, so knowing me, I`ll probably order two

Sounds like a collectors item already. "I`ll trade you a Mickey Mantel for a can of #16. "

What other products might be in danger of being regulated off the shelf?:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Bret,

is there somewhere that i can see the VOC regulations, Im just curious as to what is changing. And why does it effect carnauba products, as I kinda figured that carnauba would be EPA friendly, at least more so that sealants. :dunno

Eric
    If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then people who never quit and never win are just plain idiots :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bretfraz

I predict you`ll see almost ALL carnauba waxes disappear in the near future. Sales won`t offset the expense of reformulation, assuming it can even be done.

Why do you think we`ve seen the rapid expansion of low solvent/water based sealants in recent years? Blackfire, 4 Star, Wolfgang, NXT, Reflections, etc., all have been developed to comply with the upcoming EPA VOC regs.

The market is changing and these new products will fill the void left behind when the #16`s of the world disappear.

I`m kinda thinking he`s right. But, I figure; I`m almost 50, so I have about 20 years of detailing in me if my health holds out.

I have one Gold Class paste, one #16, one #26 paste and one #26 liquid, one #6, one #20, one half Mothers Carnauba, one Meg`s Cleaner Wax liquid and one Meg`s Cleaner Wax paste, One Meg`s Step 3 Carnauba. one and a half Souv paste, one Turtle Wax Platinum, two MPPPs, one and a half ColorX, one and a half NXT, one Souv liquid, one S100. That`s from memory, there might be more. Oh; one AIO and one SG, and half a Crystal Guard Pro set.

I don`t think I need any more wax.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information