Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation No emails coming from website

Since using this new site the past few weeks, I`ve noticed that I never get subscription thread notifications even though I have them set to instant email notification. I have to log in and go to my profile to check responses.

I also noticed this morning, as I`m on a different machine and forgot my password, that using the password reset link also resulted in no email being sent (yes, I checked my spam folder a few times). I checked my settings to ensure I didn`t have the email settings blocked and my email address correct. Anyone else having this issue? I had to guess my password correctly to get in.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No emails coming from website

I got mixed up on my password a few months ago, and no, the password reset link didn`t work (I think it gives you an admin email address right on that page to contact if you don`t get the reset). In my case I realized I was using the wrong password and got back in without any help. I think I have all the notifications turned off forever so I can`t help you with that one. Most of these forum softwares are old because forums are passe with the advent of other forms of social media, so a lot of these bugs never get fixed (not the fault of the forum owner).
    Likes fju2112 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No emails coming from website

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I got mixed up on my password a few months ago, and no, the password reset link didn`t work (I think it gives you an admin email address right on that page to contact if you don`t get the reset). In my case I realized I was using the wrong password and got back in without any help. I think I have all the notifications turned off forever so I can`t help you with that one. Most of these forum softwares are old because forums are passe with the advent of other forms of social media, so a lot of these bugs never get fixed (not the fault of the forum owner).
    Thanks - all that makes sense and I`ll try to reach out, but figure some of the folks who run the forum post here regularly so hopefully someone sees it. Also, us Mothers folks moved over last year automatically, so one would assume they`d at least have the notifications working but...why am I complaining, it`s free...

Thread Information