Post Thanks / Like

Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)

If you are subscribed to a thread and someone clicks on the Likes / Thanks / Dislikes button (pic below)

Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)-button.jpg

You will receive an email that looks like this. Clicking on the VIEW button in the email caused a FB page redirect.

Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)-button-email.jpg

When I would click on the VIEW button in the email it would now redirect me to a non functioning Facebook page.
    I spent a few days trying to fix it using every malware tool I could get me hands on...with very little to NO luck.

I finally realized it was a third party cookie redirect. I am not sure which particular one it was...I whacked `em all.
    Next thing you know I tried the blue button link again and TaDa it`s back to redirecting me to a dead FB page.
    So I learned that it picked back up the redirection tracking cookie. This only happened on https://Autopia.org

I was using Google Chrome but at this point even if I did a cut and paste the link into Internet Explorer it had the same issue.
    What I finally found that worked (so far) was typing chrome://settings in the URL top bar. This brings up Chrome settings.
    (You can also click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the Google Chrome screen then click on "settings")

Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Advanced". At the bottom you will see "Content Settings" and "Clear Browsing Data"

Clear all cookies. See Pic below.

Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)-chrome-setting-1.jpg

Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)-chrome-setting-2.jpg

The next line up displays "Content Settings" Click on the "Cookies" arrow on the right.

Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)-chrome-setting-3.jpg

What worked for me was "Content Settings" > "Cookies" Then turn ON "Block Third Party Cookies"
    This was driving me batty but so far the redirect issue has not returned and it`s now working correctly.

FYI I use Windows 10 with Google Chrome. I also tried Google Chrome Canary with the same problem.
    What I did notice is that if I used Microsoft Edge for the browser the Facebook redirection did not occur.

I`m not sure how I may have picked up the Facebook redirection malware but I thought I share my resolution.

It could be my computer or the forum add-on may be hijacked. So after two days of "fighting the dragon"...
    I found the tracking cookies using Hitman Pro. Malwarebytes didn`t find it. Did I mention I hate tracking cookies?

The resolution...
    I turned on Chrome Block Third Party Cookies to prevent Third Party websites from saving and reading cookie data.

Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)-button-email.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)-button-email.jpg  

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Email for LIKE button redirecting me to a bad Facebook page! (ARGH)

Wow.

Weird. On my phone I use the autopia web, for ag though I use tapatalk.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Wow.

Weird. On my phone I use the autopia web, for ag though I use tapatalk.
    This happened when https://Autopia.org sent me an email for a "Like" and I clicked on the blue VIEW button in the email to see the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    This happened when https://Autopia.org sent me an email for a "Like" and I clicked on the blue VIEW button in the email to see the post.

Yeah

Weird. I get emails for thanks, not likes
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks Merlin thanked for this post

Thread Information