Post Thanks / Like

Un-Authorized use of picture

Not sure who thought it was a good idea to send out a e-mail for Autopia car care for the 25% off promotion using the picture of Daniel of Car Connoisseur working on a Ferrari 458 Speciale` in my shop because I am quite sure nobody contacted me to use this picture.

I suggest taking it down "With the quickness" fyi the pic is screen captured in case the "We do not know what you are talking about" excuse is utilized.

Not good judgement used in my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Un-Authorized use of picture

It`s probably somewhere in the forum rules or user agreement that Autopia can use any picture posted on the forum.

EDIT: Here it is
    "User authorizes Autopia to make use of any original stories, concepts, ideas, drawings, photographs, opinions and other creative materials posted on the Forums without compensation or other recourse. User also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Autopia and our agents with respect to any claims based upon or arising from the transmission and/or content of your message(s). Autopia has the right but not the obligation to monitor and/or moderate the Forums, and offers no assurances in this regard. Autopia is not responsible for messages posted on the Forums or the content therein. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. Each message expresses the views of its originating User, not necessarily those of Autopia. Unless expressly stated otherwise by a senior Autopia representative such as the Admin user, this includes messages posted by Autopia personnel, agents, delegates, representatives et al."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    It`s probably somewhere in the forum rules or user agreement that Autopia can use any picture posted on the forum.

Yes I have been looking for that, but the intended thought is that I or Daniel endorses the products sold in the e-mail promotion(Mini-Griots buffer being used in the pic btw).

Post Thanks / Like

Well there it is……………………. cannot argue with that, but it is bad form imo.

Thread Information