Post Thanks / Like

Can`t Edit My Own Posts

I just realized that I can`t edit any of my own posts in any of the threads I have participated in. What`s up with that?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can`t Edit My Own Posts

I`m pretty sure the edit feature is time limited. In other words, after a period of time, you can no longer edit your post.
    I think the time limit is 60 minutes.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Can`t Edit My Own Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    I`m pretty sure the edit feature is time limited. In other words, after a period of time, you can no longer edit your post.
    I think the time limit is 60 minutes.

Charles
    Thanks for the info. Not aimed at you, but 60 minutes is ridiculously too short.

I posted from work, then drove home and wanted to edit my post. Now, no can do...

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure if something needed to be edited then you could ask a mod to fix it for you. I`ve been a mod on more than one site where people go in and edit a post long after it was posted just to make a liar out of someone. It causes lots of problems in the long run, so I think a time limit is wise. Its a bit of a pain for the mods probably, but I`m sure they are aware that its part of the job.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    Thanks for the info. Not aimed at you, but 60 minutes is ridiculously too short.

I posted from work, then drove home and wanted to edit my post. Now, no can do...
    60 minutes isn`t ridiculous. Trying to edit a post after 60 minutes is ridiculous.

Seriously, if you need editing, contact me and I will take care of it if it is appropriate. Otherwise, we cannot allow members to edit their posts after 60 minutes and especially if there are responses to the post that is being edited that would not make sense if the post is altered.

Make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes post at work and this was the first time I wanted to clarify some info in my original post. When I got home and tried to edit the post, I couldn`t.

I understand the time limit explanation, but clarifying a post helps to avoid a lot of confusion and arguments that often insue because of a misstatement. My orignal post didn`t have any responses to it so there wouldn`t have been any confusion over an edit to it.

I am just used to another detailing board that doesn`t have this type of time limit on posts. Two mods have already generously offered to change my post for me, but as I told them it is really past the point that I want to worry about it anymore.

Thanks for the explanations.

Thread Information