• I care a bit

9 21.43%
  • I care a moderate amount

10 23.81%
  • I won't buy without an intact seal

5 11.90%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This has been interesting, but i am still more concerned about my local grocery store re-wrapping meat with new stickers on them.

Ever break open a chunk of hamburg, and the inside was browner than the outside?

This is the deception that is ruining our great country

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shubba

Bryan, we are very different types of people. I`d DEFINITELY check for seals. I look at everything I buy quite carefully, especially if it costs a lot.

Does this mean that you refuse to buy a QD because it doesn`t have a seal? A QD would seem much easier to dillute with water than a polish/wax. I was at Autozone and Walmart last night, and just happened to open several of the QD`s (just to smell them!)- none of which had seals (various brands I might add).
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstaaf
    I don`t even look under the cap so not, it wouldn`t influence my decision at all. If there is a problem I would just take the product back and exchange it.

You obviously spend far more time worrying about little things like this than most. Your crusade isn`t gonna get you anywhere here, why don`t you take it up with the manufacturer that you have the problem with???

I post one thread and now it`s a "crusade"? Come off it.

I`m very happy with the responses to this poll. It vindicates my position. Manufacturers, take note! We demand quality products, sealed for our satisfaction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRyan
    Does this mean that you refuse to buy a QD because it doesn`t have a seal? A QD would seem much easier to dillute with water than a polish/wax. I was at Autozone and Walmart last night, and just happened to open several of the QD`s (just to smell them!)- none of which had seals (various brands I might add).

Yes, I suppose I would not use QD for that reason. It`s nice to be able to smell products, but be careful -- it may also be dangerous. Although many of them are carefully formulated to smell natural, like leather, you are better off not quaffing the odors up. They may contain quite toxic chemicals that are odorless. You`ll never know. But it may help give you cancer in 20 years!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m very happy with the responses to this poll. It vindicates my position. Manufacturers, take note! We demand quality products, sealed for our satisfaction.

Go back and count how many posts you have made in this thread?

Are we reading the same thread? I think the only consensus here is that you are a crackpot that probably won`t last a week here. :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like

THE HOLY LAND!!! WEVE REACHED THE HOLY LAND!!!

You must be a real masochist to embarrass yourself for 7 pages. At least you can sleep tonight knowing that you have brought laughter to many people`s days today. :LOLOL

You=not Rosa Parks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstaaf
    Go back and count how many posts you have made in this thread?

I was referring to the poll results, not the posted messages. Duh!

Post Thanks / Like
    you`ve gotta be kdding me... paranoid much? hahaha... this thread was definitely good for a mediocre laugh. go on w/ your bad self and try to get a mfg to change their ways. The production lines would need to be altered. It isn`t just the added cost of the actual material used for sealing... it`s also for the machines required to do this task... maintenance, added space, etc. Can`t believe this is going on for this long haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    You must be a real masochist to embarrass yourself for 7 pages. At least you can sleep tonight knowing that you have brought laughter to many people`s days today. :LOLOL You=not Rosa Parks.

Hmmm, another microcephalic response that avoids addressing the issue. Next!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I suppose I would not use QD for that reason. It`s nice to be able to smell products, but be careful -- it may also be dangerous. Although many of them are carefully formulated to smell natural, like leather, you are better off not quaffing the odors up. They may contain quite toxic chemicals that are odorless. You`ll never know. But it may help give you cancer in 20 years!

Does your position only include local products (for instance- Walmart, Autozone, etc) or do you also have concerns with mail order products? What about products that can be bought company direct and do not have seals (Zaino, Poorboy`s, Clearkote, Optimum, Chemical Guys)?

If that would bother you, then surely you wouldn`t but these same unsealed products that can be bought from a distributor (Specialty Motoring, Autogeek, Pak Shak) correct? If you would buy direct from the maker (without a seal), do you have trust issues with the distributors?
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally!!! The answer as to why people get different results with the same products! It`s not different environments, different paint, different prep, different techniques...it`s that some of the products HAVE BEEN TAMPERED WITH!!!! I demand a congressional investigation! Seals for all products! Veni, vedi, vici! Thank you, Shubba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
    The production lines would need to be altered. It isn`t just the added cost of the actual material used for sealing... it`s also for the machines required to do this task... maintenance, added space, etc.

Not really. Most manufacturers already do seal most of their products (for good reasons, as I`ve indicated). It is trivial to change their designs to enable them to seal ALL of their product lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was referring to the poll results, not the posted messages. Duh!

Hmm as of right now 43% don`t care at all, only 12% say they wouldn`t buy a product without a seal. The rest may care but, your poll options are too vague as to whether they care enough to not buy the product anyway. Give it time, those of us who don`t give a rats arse will get past the 50% mark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, another microcephalic response that avoids addressing the issue. Next!

I resent that! I have a large enough head that I can worry about better things than if my easily returnable $10 bottle has been 30% decanted.

Clearly, you haven`t gotten any in a while.

:sign NEXT

p.s. change your damn font size!! And you`re giving some excellent publicity to Mothers, this attention is worth at least 1000 more Synwaxes sold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRyan
    Does your position only include local products (for instance- Walmart, Autozone, etc) or do you also have concerns with mail order products? What about products that can be bought company direct and do not have seals (Zaino, Poorboy`s, Clearkote, Optimum, Chemical Guys)?

If that would bother you, then surely you wouldn`t but these same unsealed products that can be bought from a distributor (Specialty Motoring, Autogeek, Pak Shak) correct? If you would buy direct from the maker (without a seal), do you have trust issues with the distributors?

I`d be more likely to buy unsealed products via mail order, but the same issue of returns exist, and one wonders why companies would send unsealed liquids by mail!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information