9 21.43%
  • I care a moderate amount

10 23.81%
  • I won't buy without an intact seal

5 11.90%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    ... but when someone`s thread gets deleted and they come right back with a similar post...it usually doesn`t turn out well.

But this time it will turn out well, because I was invited to post this thread (sans brand names) by the owner of the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shubba
    But this time it will turn out well, because I was invited to post this thread (sans brand names) by the owner of the site.

That`s cool.

So far, 50% don`t care if their waxes and polishes are pristine and sealed, but 50% do. Manufacturer`s please note: up to half of your customers want those seals!!

:lol Manufacturers should also note that the sample size is under 20 :lol

I understand your side of the argument, but I think your approach could be more diplomatic and less "activist."

Good luck to you :up

ZaneO...OUT!...

Post Thanks / Like
    I give up. I just can`t come up with the right caption for this.

Do I have to worry about water in my 845 IW ?

Sand put into my Megs 83 ?

Hey Buddy ya want to buy some rings, watches or how about some car wax.

Man it just ain`t goin to happen. Never worried about it and never will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Furthermore, the likelihood of someone taking the time to tamper with a bottle or two of wax out of an entire shelf is remote and silly.

Actually, a $40 bottle of unsealed polish that looks exactly the same if diluted with water is quite a big incentive to steal. It`s not likely, but it is very possible.

In order to prevent this tragedy from occuring to begin with, and to put an end to your obsession, the easiest thing to do is twist off the cap and take a looksy to see if ... it looks perfectly fine to purchase.

I see you are not a chemist, sir. I defy you to tell me whether a water-miscible liquid has been diluted with your look-and-see test. :chuckle:

The important things in life are sealed - medicine, vitamins, Tylenol, condoms, juice boxes, fruit roll- ups, cream cheese and Crystal Light iced tea mix.

AHA! And you therefore are saying that the chemicals we apply to our expensive cars are not part of that "important things" group, are you?! I think you`ve just undermined the whole thrust of this website. :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    So far, 50% don`t care if their waxes and polishes are pristine and sealed, but 50% do. Manufacturer`s please note: up to half of your customers want those seals!!

That`s not really the way I see it. Only ONE person would not buy a product if it didn`t have a seal. The rest said they don`t care or would still buy if it didn`t have a seal. That doesn`t really prove to anyone that a company needs to start putting seals on their products :nono

Food is one thing, but detailing products? Come on! You could go so far as to say the guys monitoring the sealing machines are `tampering` with the products before they are sealed. I don`t think anyone has an interest in tampering with your bottles of Mothers products!
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno Spilchy, I think I have to agree with Shubba on your list of important things that have seals...what about tin hats?

Post Thanks / Like
    AHA! And you therefore are saying that the chemicals we apply to our expensive cars are not part of that "important things" group, are you?! I think you`ve just undermined the whole thrust of this website. :nervous2:

Yes, as the owner of this site states, "it`s just wax."

You can easily solve this - don`t buy it! A one man boycott. This way you can really stick it to the "man." You can lead a crusade! Start a revolution! You can change the car wax packaging process as we know it.

All great men who advocated change of the status quo have come under persecution. You`ll rank right up there with the best of them!

Don`t let us spurn your quest. Keep fighting the good fight. Justice is on your side.

You`ll show us.......you`ll show us.

Avenge me! AAAAAAVVVVVVVVEEEEEEENNNNNNNNGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE MMMMMEEEE!!!!!

(I hope we keep this guy around! I like him!)
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    To the nay sayers: what ON EARTH do you gain by opposing seals on car care products? I can only see advantages (spillage and leakage prevention, theft and tampering prevention). How in the name of all that`s sane do you justify your "don`t care about" and/or "don`t want" properly packaged products?

Especially when the darned stuff gets put on the almost holy surface of the beloved vehicle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Troll!!!!!
    cor·vette : [ kôr-vt ]n. 1. A fast, lightly armed warship, smaller than a destroyer, often armed for antisubmarine operations.

Post Thanks / Like
    its just ridiculous to worry about something so dumb...god! i just dont get it, if you ahve that much time on your hands to worry about such nonsense you really need to take a serious look at your life...

-Justin
    "God made turbo lag so V8`s could keep up!"

Post Thanks / Like
    How in the name of all that`s sane do you justify your "don`t care about" and/or "don`t want" properly packaged products?

Because I have NEVER heard of a single case where unsealed detailing products caused a problem for the consumer.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    All great men who advocated change of the status quo have come under persecution. You`ll rank right up there with the best of them! Don`t let us spurn your quest. Keep fighting the good fight. Justice is on your side. You`ll show us.......you`ll show us. Avenge me! AAAAAAVVVVVVVVEEEEEEENNNNNNNNGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE MMMMMEEEE!!!!! (I hope we keep this guy around! I like him!)

Nobody ever told you that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, obviously. Or perhaps you`ve been sniffing too much polish. pal. As far as your posts are concerned, the issue is :closed:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRyan
    Because I have NEVER heard of a single case where unsealed detailing products caused a problem for the consumer.

Well you wouldn`t, would you? Diluted product isn`t something that gets into newspapers, is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you not taking the hint??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4830Deuce
    I dont really see why you suspect so much, store employees couldnt care less, at least around me they are all older and really know nothing about cars... Im sorry but im glad the detailing world has not adopted seals, it is kind of an unspoken trust...idk....one of the reasons i choose not to live in the ghetto...people dont do crap like that where i live, i mean what kind of world would we live in if we would ahve to worry about something so stupid? give me a break...

-Justin

Ghetto.......... ********. I have been to high end stores where s H I T ! is also opened and un sealed. Just becasue you dont live in the "GHETTO" you think people automatically wont do sh it like that ? :think: You`re wrong. WIse Up.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information