View Poll Results: what is the best looking and easiest sealant to apply?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • klasse sg

33 22.45%
  • poorboys ex

22 14.97%

20 13.61%
  • fmj

16 10.88%
  • zaino z2 pro

29 19.73%
  • wolfgang

17 11.56%
  • other (please list in thread)

10 6.80%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I can somewhat understand where you are coming from Scott since time, though only a few seconds, is money. As a hobbyist and occassional for profit detailer this mixing is no more irritating than adding sugar to my tea especially with the results received.

Zaino is a system that in the beginning required Z1 as the initial application pre-treatment. As the system developed along came ZFX that not only augments appearance and user friendliness, decreased application time (drying) but also offers the ability to apply multiply coats in one session if desired. Again, well worth the few extra $$ and seconds to use. On professional jobs one can just add another layer of Z2/Z2-PRO or Z5 on previously sealed customer vehicle. ZFX is not necessary. On new customer vehicles that request Zaino the availability of ZFX over using Z1 is actually a big advantage (time required for job). ZFX is a win / win product. JMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

I can somewhat understand where you are coming from Scott since time, though only a few seconds, is money. As a hobbyist and occassional for profit detailer this mixing is no more irritating than adding sugar to my tea especially with the results received.

Zaino is a system that in the beginning required Z1 as the initial application pre-treatment. As the system developed along came ZFX that not only augments appearance and user friendliness, decreased application time (drying) but also offers the ability to apply multiply coats in one session if desired. Again, well worth the few extra $$ and seconds to use. On professional jobs one can just add another layer of Z2/Z2-PRO or Z5 on previously sealed customer vehicle. ZFX is not necessary. On new customer vehicles that request Zaino the availability of ZFX over using Z1 is actually a big advantage (time required for job). ZFX is a win / win product. JMHO

Edwin-it really isn`t the time factor, it isn`t that much. I just prefer ready to use products and I hate wasting product. I don`t really desire to put more than 1 coat of any LSP on a car in one session unless specifically requested by the customer but it is my understanding you need to use ZFX with the first coat and if I am only applying a single layer, I need to be very precise when mixing to make sure I don`t waste anything. I just wish Z2 Pro was ready to use (and layer if desired) right out of the bottle, without having to buy another product and mix it in.

Like I said, I really like the appearance of Z2 Pro, but I also like how other products look too and for me, the one that is the easiest to use and gives me the results I want is the one I use.

If it was my own car and I didn`t have black, I`d be more inclined to use Zaino and layer it since I`m not as concerned about time and don`t need to charge myself for the extra steps.

BTW, I think Shokar`s sealant is very comparible to the look and ease of use of Z2 Pro. It should make for some very interesting comparison tests when it hits the market.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Edwin-it really isn`t the time factor, it isn`t that much. I just prefer ready to use products and I hate wasting product. I don`t really desire to put more than 1 coat of any LSP on a car in one session unless specifically requested by the customer but it is my understanding you need to use ZFX with the first coat and if I am only applying a single layer, I need to be very precise when mixing to make sure I don`t waste anything. I just wish Z2 Pro was ready to use (and layer if desired) right out of the bottle, without having to buy another product and mix it in.

Like I said, I really like the appearance of Z2 Pro, but I also like how other products look too and for me, the one that is the easiest to use and gives me the results I want is the one I use.

If it was my own car and I didn`t have black, I`d be more inclined to use Zaino and layer it since I`m not as concerned about time and don`t need to charge myself for the extra steps.

BTW, I think Shokar`s sealant is very comparible to the look and ease of use of Z2 Pro. It should make for some very interesting comparison tests when it hits the market.

LOL if your car wasn`t black, thats all the more reason to use Zaino IMO. I tried and used tons of stuff especially carnuba`s such as souvran and on black Zaino is the best unless you prefer the oily look. Especially in hot weather the carnuba`s life is minimal.

As far as the ZFX, yea I could see how it would be a pain but I have my desired amounts down to a science .I know by using it so much how much to make enough for 1 coat, two coats and so on. Simple math.

Geez with the 50 million steps some of you guys use ,you complain about adding ZFX.

I am not sure and you can correct me if I am wrong ( I am new to this site). You seem to slam Zaino every chance you get. We all have our favorite products. Do you get competitors products for free or something? I seem to get on souvran I think because I had such high expectations and was totally let down.

And to bring this if I didn`t have a black car Please!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I guess I am old school and dont go out and try new stuff as much as I used to.. I have a black Lightning and I still use SEPC along with S100. I have been doing this for a couple of years now, got it from Scott but havent changed with the times I guess. He did convince me to start using another QD, going from Griots SS to QS ( I got so angry about being proven wrong on that one..LOL).. I still think my truck looks great. Oh yeah, I do the clay and polish thing at least once a year.

In regard to Zaino, well, my experience with the Zaino nazi`s that invade a forum and are unwilling to listen to any other viewpoint except their own, has made me a little jaded about them and the products.

Dana

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by manawar

ok i have a jet black m3 and i still cant decide which sealant i want to use. i will use aio first and then top with a sealant and then pinnacle souveran. i need a good looking and very easy product to apply as i dont want to be rubbing hard because the paint is very soft so that is my main concern. i want it to have a good deep look with lots of depth but it doesnt need to be the best as i am topping it with souveran. so my biggest concern is how easy it applys and removes. here is my list, please give me reccomendations only if you have personally used them. i set up a poll to and only vote if you have used them and what you think will fit me best. please vote and then give me your opinons on why you chose it. thanks.

Well in all honesty, why bother with a sealant? I dont see durability listed as a concern at all so a sealant is not necessary IMO. My metallic black looks its best when dressed in a smattering of AIO ( or GEPC ) and then smothered in PS. When I want to be lazy and get more durability, it gets Klasse and S100 which looks great, but not quite as good as the AIO/PS combo.
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    Me, I pesonally like AIO then UPP on my truck. Thats just me though and you might like it to. All the choices you have made are great. Basically it all boils down to what your eyes like. I know many people will probably disagree but NXT also looks great on black. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Without a doubt, the Klasse twins followed by a carnauba (Souveran, P21S, etc)

:xyxthumbs
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

2001 BMW 330ci Convertible (gone)

2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (gone)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by L33

Have you ever tried FMJ? I wonder how it compares, if its any easier it must apply itself.

Yup, FMJ is a very nice product easy to work with. I like it better than Blackfire or WG ( same stuff I think ). I do prefer my Z2 though MO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to say UPP and EX-P are my two favorites that I personally like to use. FMJ would be a close third.

Both are easy to use. And they both leave a nice look. Durability is not a worry for me because I usually apply another coat between every 3 to 4 weeks.

With Aloha,

Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    Autoglym SRP and EGP.
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Post Thanks / Like
    well i believe after some experiments and looking at recomendations that i am going to use aio and then top with layers of pinnacle souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino gives me the BLACKEST black out of all of the sealants I tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check this thread out on Autoglym on black

Autoglym on Black Jaguar
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Werkstatt,and Fk#2180

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information