Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I`m convinced! Where`s the best place to buy Z10 leather conditioner?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-10

And to add my input - I love Z10. The smells rocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-10

And to add my input - I love Z10. The smells rocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I can remember when all the same statements were being made about 4star leather conditioner, which I use and love. Does anyone have some 4star to compare to Z10 with? So far, 4star lc is the best smelling leather product I`ve ever had the pleasure of working with. I`m wondering if it smells the same as Z10 or different?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I can remember when all the same statements were being made about 4star leather conditioner, which I use and love. Does anyone have some 4star to compare to Z10 with? So far, 4star lc is the best smelling leather product I`ve ever had the pleasure of working with. I`m wondering if it smells the same as Z10 or different?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another really good leather conditioner is from Gliptone.

I`m not too crazy about the rest of their product line but I give their Leather conditioner a big :xyxthumbs.

It does a nice job of softening the leather with no greasy residue and leaves the interior with that great leather smell.

I do like Zaino but I think Gliptone is a notch better. Only trouble is finding the stuff.

Gliptone has limited distribiton. Seems like it`s mostly in the NE. I picked mine up in Strauss Auto store here in NJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have some 4star to compare to Z10 with?

Yeah Jason. I like the 4star as well but Z-10 steals the show. Both are great products. The Pinnacle is pretty good also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried the zaino leather conditioner and I am not that impressed. My car is fairly new and has (had until now) a great leather new car smell. The zaino smells nothing like my new leather and is rather overpowering. The smell does seem to transfer to your clothes which is undesirable. I also noticed today that the coverage seems to appear "splotchy" looking. I know you are thinking he probably did not apply it correctly, but I assure you the application was very thourough.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a "6".

For those also considering "yankee candle" I have posted an earlier opinon for your "reading enjoyment".

I recently purchased 4 packs of the "leather" auto air freshener in a jar from Yankee candle.

I opened it up in the office and took a poll of what it smelled like.

Note, no one said leather.

Here are the responses:

-Old mans butt (don`t ask me how that person knew the smell).

-Old vinyl

-Beef jerky

-something rancid

-sweaty t shirt

-and finally (the office manager told me) "please remove whatever you have in your office, it smells."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesu
    I recently purchased 4 packs of the "leather" auto air freshener in a jar from Yankee candle.

I opened it up in the office and took a poll of what it smelled like.

Note, no one said leather.

Here are the responses:

-Old mans butt (don`t ask me how that person knew the smell).

-Old vinyl

-Beef jerky

-something rancid

-sweaty t shirt

-and finally (the office manager told me) "please remove whatever you have in your office, it smells."
    That`s pretty funny.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you light "the old mans butt"? :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I was going to Z-10 my leather for the first time this weekend. The truck is only 3 weeks old and of course the leather is new and fine. Should I not treat the leather just yet as it is so new?

I`m afraid of loosing that newness and nice leather smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Intercooled- I am a fan of Zaino leather cleaner/conditioner as well. I have an 05 F-250 Lariat (leather seats) I bought it new in December and I waited to use the Zaino until the new car smell was finally worn away. My seats came with a tag for manufacturers cleaning instructions, they recommended just a wipe down with a damp cloth as often as necessary. Then I believe "tanner`s preserve" was recommended for "heavily soiled seats". I did the weekly wipe down with a damp cloth until finally my seats (light gray color) showed signs of use, then I zaino`d. I definitely like the smell of Zaino, but if you`re a fan of the new car smell like me, I`d wait until it`s absolutely necessary to treat the seats w/conditioner. It will definitely overpower the new car scent! Besides unless you`re getting in the H2 really dusty/dirty I wouldn`t think it would be necessary to treat yet? Good luck, IMO wait and enjoy that new car smell that I already miss! BTW- leave the H2 in the sun for a couple hours, the heat will "refresh" the new car smell!

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually a common comment when entering my car (an `03) is "Ah, new car smell", while Z10 doesn`t emulate it perfectly, it does give the leather a sort of straight off the line smell. So ya, wait till new car smell is gone - but I think you`ll like Z10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thhanks guys, I think I will wait. but I may try it out on the leather door arm rests.........I just have to try it out!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesu
    I just tried the zaino leather conditioner and I am not that impressed. My car is fairly new and has (had until now) a great leather new car smell. The zaino smells nothing like my new leather and is rather overpowering. The smell does seem to transfer to your clothes which is undesirable. I also noticed today that the coverage seems to appear "splotchy" looking. I know you are thinking he probably did not apply it correctly, but I assure you the application was very thourough.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a "6".
    UPDATE

The splotchyness has gone away. Perhaps it needed time to soak-in.

The smell is much more muted now and (perhaps I am used to it) does not seem so bad.

new scale......."8"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information