View Poll Results: When shopping, what do you do with the shopping cart when done with it?

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • I return it to the store.

15 4.79%
  • I return it to the cart "corral".

227 72.52%
  • I give it to the cart guy.

1 0.32%
  • I take my stuff out at the door and leave the cart in the store.

14 4.47%
  • I just leave it out in limbo in the middle of the lot b/c I am lazy.

10 3.19%
  • I "prop" it up next to someone's car and I am ashamed of myself.

4 1.28%
  • I pop it up onto an island.

36 11.50%
  • I am lazy, I leave it in the corner of my parking spot to fly into a car and I am ashamed of myself.

6 1.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark your answer in the poll.

Was just curious, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting (Off-?)topic.

I work at Trader Joe`s and on my lunch breaks I sit in front of the store and check out rides while I eat lunch. Seen some bbbbaaaadddd things happen to cars at the hand of carts. I park up the street, around the corner away from all the trees.

Please. . .please return your cart to a responsible location.

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :wavey

-Stu.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the return area in the parking lot...Sometimes I return it to the store.

If I see a few carts close to where I park, I will round them up and take them into the store so they don`t get a chance to bang into my car.

Also, I feel for the cart guys...I used to bag groceries years ago, so I don`t mind the extra work to help them out.

The last store I worked at was on an incline, there was also another store at the top of the hill...I have seen the wind blow a cart strong enough to get it rolling down the hill...Some poor car would always got a big dent in it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I always make sure I park next to an island, so I don`t get a rolling cart leaving a nice mark in the car. Typically, I park so far out that it`s about a 1/3 mile walk to the store anyway!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always, ALWAYS return carts to the cart corral.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent a few years pushing carts through snow. I always return them to the corral. Often, I`ll take a few other loose ones along with me.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    I love watching people! Many times I`ll be sitting in the car waiting for my wife to come out of the market (she makes me stay in the car cause I want everything I see in the gourmet section ) and I am flabbergasted at the laziness of most people. Now at the risk of seeming sexist I notice that men usually return the carts to the corral or store, but women will do the strangest things. Usually they just leave the cart between their car and the next and do all sorts of maneuvers to pull out. Many times I see these women simply roll the cart out of the way of their own car and place it right behind the car next to them! RIGHT BEHIND! I am just waiting for the day when soemone does that to me so I can get out and roll it right back behind their car so they have to get out again.

Post Thanks / Like
    As long at it is physically prevented from rolling anywhere AND not blocking a space, you`re good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like DFTowels, I`ve seen people actually put the cart against another car`s bumper just to get it out of the way. If it were my car they did that do there would really be some yelling going on. I also make the effort to place my cart (and others I see nearby) back where they should be. Some people just don`t care!

Post Thanks / Like
    And this is about detailing stores or what?

Post Thanks / Like
    this is about all stores in general that have carts.

It really ticks me off as to how lazy some people are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Return it to cart corral or give it to someone who needs to use it.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    This is perhaps my number one pet peeve! My wife worked at a grocery store. She had to park far away so the customers could park close. My poor 1991 Corolla never stood a chance. It was the only brand new car I ever owned. It got the crap beat out of it by windblown shopping carts. I always take a stray cart in. My kids hate it. I try to park far away (near a stray cart) so I can bring it in. I have been known to confront people. I had a lady tell me "that`s for the people who work to do". Real nice huh? Some times I`ll say "Let em take that in for you." They usually feel stupid. Never leave a cart in the lot! Ok, I`m done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find the nearest secure place to drop it off and leave it. Usually I prop it up on a medium. I look at it like I am keeping the shopping cart corral guy employed.

Here`s to you Mr. Corral Grocery Cart Getter Guy, a real American hero. It`s guys like you who keep our cars safe from dings and dents. Have Bud Light on Autopia :xyxthumbs

(sorry, couldn`t resist)
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody here have any Aldi grocery stores in their area? All of their carts have a small box on the handle with a chain coming out of it that locks into the cart in front of it (imagine the line of carts right outside the door). To free (use) a cart, you have to insert a quarter in the box to unlock the chain from the one in front of it. You get the quarter back when you lock it back in the line of carts. :up No stray carts in their lot and they don`t have to pay someone to collect them.

Every store should do this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information