View Poll Results: When shopping, what do you do with the shopping cart when done with it?

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • I return it to the store.

15 4.79%
  • I return it to the cart "corral".

227 72.52%
  • I give it to the cart guy.

1 0.32%
  • I take my stuff out at the door and leave the cart in the store.

14 4.47%
  • I just leave it out in limbo in the middle of the lot b/c I am lazy.

10 3.19%
  • I "prop" it up next to someone's car and I am ashamed of myself.

4 1.28%
  • I pop it up onto an island.

36 11.50%
  • I am lazy, I leave it in the corner of my parking spot to fly into a car and I am ashamed of myself.

6 1.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Slackmeister

Anybody here have any Aldi grocery stores in their area? All of their carts have a small box on the handle with a chain coming out of it that locks into the cart in front of it (imagine the line of carts right outside the door). To free (use) a cart, you have to insert a quarter in the box to unlock the chain from the one in front of it. You get the quarter back when you lock it back in the line of carts. :up No stray carts in their lot and they don`t have to pay someone to collect them.

Every store should do this.
    I`ve seen this before and it works well.

Personally, I like playing a round of bowling with a stray cart and a row of shiney cars. A strike is a big dent in the door!

Just kidding, I dont really do that :LOLOL
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

Just kidding, I dont really do that :LOLOL

Not funny if you`re doing it to my car :angry
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    You gave to many choice in your poll. Depending on where Iam parked in the lot, I either put the cart in the corral or walk it back to the store. If the carts are being collected I will give the cart to the collector. Part of is because I hate door dings and partly because I have pushed carts. Pushed carts before the robotic cart pusher that Target and several other use.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just pick the one you do most. Those are the common things that I see when waiting in the car at a store. I also like aldi`s They are super cheap, and I really don`t notice a difference in the food. I also like the idea of bag your own stuff there. I only wished I worked there when I worked in retail. Customers can be so bit**y it was unbelieveable. I try to go through the self checkouts or bag my own stuff. I give the cashiers and cart pushers alot of respect for the BS they put up with everyday.

As QTD. By: Spilchy:

"Here`s to you Mr. Corral Grocery Cart Getter Guy, a real American hero. It`s guys like you who keep our cars safe from dings and dents. Have Bud Light on Autopia"
    Detailing... you can never get it top knotch perfect... this world is just too objective.

Post Thanks / Like
    I work at Wal-Mart so i am going to have to say please put your carts back in the coral. It makes for a safe parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Slackmeister

Anybody here have any Aldi grocery stores in their area? All of their carts have a small box on the handle with a chain coming out of it that locks into the cart in front of it (imagine the line of carts right outside the door). To free (use) a cart, you have to insert a quarter in the box to unlock the chain from the one in front of it. You get the quarter back when you lock it back in the line of carts. :up No stray carts in their lot and they don`t have to pay someone to collect them.

Every store should do this.

That is an excellent idea!...Someone needs to send this thread to Wal-Mart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rusty bumper

That is an excellent idea!...Someone needs to send this thread to Wal-Mart.
    This idea has been around for a while, but most stores have scraped the idea b/c it pisses some customers off (dealing with quarters and all) and their research has shown it hurts business by putting some customers off.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    boo hoo hoo TS if some customers don`t like it. What is this world coming to.

The way I put it is there are soldiers putting their life on the lines for us, the most we can do is stop complaining about little things like putting a qtr for a cart, c`mon, you`ll get it back(unless yur lazy and don`t bring the cart back)How lazy can one be not to set a qtr aside in the cup holder in their car?

That little box is one way aldi`s keeps employee count low, and their prices low. Therefore, the little box=lower prices.

If a customer doesn`t like it, go to another store and throw away $... those little boxes save the customer $$$$$$$.

JMO

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
    Detailing... you can never get it top knotch perfect... this world is just too objective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wal- Mart should try it (Quarter buggy deposit)...Even if someone were lazy, I bet some kids would round up all the buggies just to get the quarter deposit...I might even take in a few myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Who are you people who voted any of the last four options? :nono

And here I was thinking that since this is AUTOPIA those wouldn`t get any votes at all....

Post Thanks / Like
    shame shame shame:nono

Post Thanks / Like
    I always park far away, and try to park at the elevation peak so carts can`t roll into me. Or I`ll park such that there is an island or something protecting me. Then, when I`m finished shopping, I close my trunk and from up on high at the peak of the parking lot, I give my cart a mighty shove back towards the store. It flies down the sloping parking lot picking up speed, bounces over some pebbles and gets diverted right into a row of cars... At that point I`m already driving away, so I assume it just gets diverted again, drives up the curb in front of the store, and rolls gently into the hands of an incoming shopper, thus saving them the inconvenience of separating a new cart from the chain. :wavey

Ha ha, just kidding. I always return my cart to the corral or the store. I also usually grab one from the parking lot on my way in and deposit in the corral if I`m not going to be buying a lot. I hate seeing them sit in the lot just waiting for a breeze to start them rolling. Even though I park defensively, I can imagine some jerk driving through the lot, hitting the cart, and sending it carreening uphill at my car, or getting enough velocity to catapult over an island into my door. Mind you, I`ve never seen anything like that ever happen, but it still haunts my dreams...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

I always park far away, and try to park at the elevation peak so carts can`t roll into me. Or I`ll park such that there is an island or something protecting me. Then, when I`m finished shopping, I close my trunk and from up on high at the peak of the parking lot, I give my cart a mighty shove back towards the store. It flies down the sloping parking lot picking up speed, bounces over some pebbles and gets diverted right into a row of cars... At that point I`m already driving away, so I assume it just gets diverted again, drives up the curb in front of the store, and rolls gently into the hands of an incoming shopper, thus saving them the inconvenience of separating a new cart from the chain. :wavey
    :lol

"Shopping in San Francisco with Aurora40"

Post Thanks / Like
    I round up buggies for a living, and if anyone ever told me it was my job to play scavenger hunt with buggies i might have to beat them. My job is to get buggies out of the buggy corrall, not collect individual buggies from every corner of the parking lot. I`ve actually seen people park BESIDE the buggy corrall and still just leave their buggy sitting there. I just can`t believe that some people are too lazy to even walk around a car to return a buggy. Also, i`ve saved many cars by sprinting out the doors and catching a buggy just in time. Then, i get to see the person whose car i just saved leave their buggy sitting around too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lazy people should not be allowed to use a cart

Originally posted by Vincent Vega

This is perhaps my number one pet peeve!

Yeah mine too. I always take the cart back to the store (the only cart park is right next to the store). I park my car way out there, then push the cart to where the car is (the other end of the parking lot, away from other cars and stupid lazy people), after unloading it return the cart to the store.

I noticed an interesting thing, when other people see me taking the cart back they do the same (I guess they`d feel ackward to leave it in the middle of the parking lot after seeing me push the cart back from the other end of the lot).

They had a solution for carts being returned to their proper places in England. Some supermarkets use a cart which you have to pay for (you insert a 1 pound coin to release the cart). When you return it you get your money back, after parking it at its proper place, of which there a number of spread around the parking lot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information