View Poll Results: Which wax (over the counter)?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mother's California Gold

17 7.36%
  • Meguiar's Gold Class

27 11.69%
  • Meguiar's #26

30 12.99%
  • S100

105 45.45%
  • P21S

50 21.65%
  • Eagle One Wet

2 0.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, guys, I am specific excluding the more exotic waxes because I want to keep this to waxes available over the counter. There has been a lot of debate over this, but I wanted to get a quick vote. So the candidates are below. Please comment on any irregularities, like S100 needing a couple of extra days to cure for the max. shine, etc.

Oh, BTW, you can choose more than one if you think they are tied.

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like
    P21S and S100 are the same product so you might want to combine them or remove one from the list.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just remove the P21S because it is the same as S100 and it`s not readily available over the counter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I knew that, but was just curious as to whether some people preferred P21S. Some vendors are actually insisting that they are different. CMA is one which does. So I wanted to see if some people are endorsing P21S overS100 or vice versa.

Remember, I am not asking about bang for buck. I am asking purely on the aesthetic properties of the wax, price being no object (in this group anyway).

Post Thanks / Like
    For depth/wetness, Mother`s Sealer/Glaze followed by Mother`s California Gold would be my choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    quote: For depth/wetness, Mother`s Sealer/Glaze followed by Mother`s California Gold would be my choice.

I agree. :up For store bought products, they are easy to use and leave a very nice finish. My vote for Mother`s wax.

V... :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Im going to have to try Mothers Sealer and Glaze. Think it would look good with S100 over it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did try Mothers Sealer and Glaze, All I can say is wow I like it , easy on easy off great wet look you could follow with any straight wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first post on this board!

What exactly is S100? I`ve always used Zaino because it lasts the longest for me. But you have to order that, I`m looking for good results on over the counter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother`s Paste wax. I`ve been using it for 33 years now and it was, and still is one the best readily available waxes on the market.
    2003 F150 Red Supercrew

1999 Sedan Deville Concours

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Guy

What exactly is S100? I`ve always used Zaino because it lasts the longest for me. But you have to order that, I`m looking for good results on over the counter.
    S100 is a carnauba paste wax, readily available at motorcycle shops, especially Harley shops. But -- if you`re already spoiled to Zaino`s durabililty (as I am), waxes like S100 don`t have anything approaching a sealant`s durability. Some folks here top their sealant with a wax like S100. I tried it; didn`t do a thing for me. :down You might want to read thru the posts in AU and Detailing to get some more insight into this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lynn

S100 is a carnauba paste wax, readily available at motorcycle shops, especially Harley shops. But -- if you`re already spoiled to Zaino`s durabililty (as I am), waxes like S100 don`t have anything approaching a sealant`s durability. Some folks here top their sealant with a wax like S100. I tried it; didn`t do a thing for me. :down You might want to read thru the posts in AU and Detailing to get some more insight into this.

I`ve found that Car Polishes Final Polish topped with S100 is a great looking and durable polymer/carnuba combo. I just washed a car I used it on 4 months ago and it was still beading very nicely and looked great when I finished washing it.

S100 is definitely the shiniest store bought wax I`ve used...but if Clearkote`s upcoming carnuba (within a week or two now!) is carried by that shop at the mall I buy their other stuff at...S100 definitely has some strong competition.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    My vote is for Mothers pure wax:up , however I must say that I have never used anything else but Mothers and P21S .

Mothers for excellent results :xyxthumbs

P21S for ease of use and no staining of trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where`s the Blitz!
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    The best product for depth is actually not a product.

It`s PREP. Well 90% is.

A dull marred depthless finish will only be augmented slightly by a protectant. There are no quick fixes for the production of a deep, glossy, reflective and attractive finish. OTC or online. :wavey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information