View Poll Results: Which Protectant Do You Like Better?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll

65 62.50%
  • Pinnacle

2 1.92%
  • Vinylex

16 15.38%
  • Keep The Armor All

6 5.77%
  • Other

15 14.42%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn, Have you used the Cockpit Classic? Does it smell as nice and work as easy as the Cockpit Premium?
    Dawn
    `01 Buick Regal GS - Charcoal grey - GONE
    `01 Ford Ranger XLT - Dark blue
    `05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Stone White

Post Thanks / Like
    RegalGS: No, I seem to be ordering from Autopia every week. But haven`t yet tried the Cockpit twins. They`re currently on my wish list. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    First things, first. This thread does not give any criteria for why you select a product. For me there are three factors:

1. Ease of use

2. Look/results

3. Performance

Right not, I don`t think there is a better "protectant" than 303. That will change as soon as Wolfstein introduces his new protectant. Maybe he already has. So, as for performance, 303 gets my vote.

Ease of use and results, I`m really liking the 1Z Cockpit Premium. However, it is not a UV blocker. So, it needs to be used in conjunction with a UV blocker. I use it with 303. My interior gets 303 once every 6-8 weeks and CP once a week.

If you like a shiny finish, 303 is not the right protectant. In this case, Vinylex is a better choice. My only complaint about Vinylex is the smell, which makes me gag.

Someone mentioned 1Z Cockpit Classic, which is a combo cleaner/[rotectant. This is a different kind of animal all together. There are many products in this category, like Meguiar`s #40 (nice) and Wurth Cockpit Cleaner.

One Grand also makes a nice product, as does Mothers.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DavidB

Right not, I don`t think there is a better "protectant" than 303. That will change as soon as Wolfstein introduces his new protectant. Maybe he already has.
    Wolfstein? Who be Wolfstein? And will David-stein be carrying das aforementioned product?

Post Thanks / Like
    My "other" was for Griot`s, no one else use it? I`ve had issues with Pinnacle, worked OK on some cars, but not on the Audis. Never seemed to absorb/fully cure, wiped off when touched, etc. I THINK I remember its doing the same thing on the C5, but I`m not sure. I might even put it on A-Bay, I think I have a half-gallon and maybe another quart, too. Just sitting there...

BTW, DavidB mentioned Wurth`s Cockpit Cleaner. It`s an aerosol, seemed to go everywhere when I sprayed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found Pinnacle`s to streak like no other. 303 for me. I`m gonna try Poorboy`s next time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information