View Poll Results: Should the Autopia University & Detailing forums be merged?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! I like it the way it is.

48 39.67%
  • Yes! Make it one large forum.

18 14.88%
  • Yes, and split the large forum into "Interior" and "Exterior"

55 45.45%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just me, or is anyone else having seizures after looking too long at Jngrbrdman`s dancing cookie pic?

Been offline for a couple of days. But ... YES!!! It makes me dizzy every time I look at it. Jngr, change it back to the "no-motion" gingerbread man!!! I`m running out of Dramamine!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been offline a couple of days, and just discovered this thread. I voted "No" because of the way the poll was created. I voted to retain the AU forum. But, as others have said, maybe it could be renamed something like "Getting Started" or "Basics" if some folks are put-off by the AU name. [I certainly wasn`t.]

And I, too, like SLD`s idea: split Detailing into Interior and Exterior forums. Except that will create some problems. Rubber treatment relates to interior (door seals etc.) as well as exterior (tires), and plastic is interior (vents, etc.) and exterior (light lenses). So maybe that won`t actually work as well in practice as in theory.

Like several others, I am a "bleeding heart" who does regularly go into AU, expecting to hear repetitive questions that could be answereed thru the search engine. I expect to hear simple, basic, or redundant questions there, whereas I expect more sophisticated questions in Detailing. So, to me, it`s helpful to retain AU.

And I also agree with the Autopian who said the Pro Detailers forum needs more focus, to avoid having newbies posting there in the belief that all the "serious" detailers are in that forum.

And since I`m such an agreeable mood ... I also wish there were a way to get all new Autopians to read the rules about where to post, the prohibition on bad language and flaming, etc.

Good luck, Mr. Mayor! :up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information