View Poll Results: What kind of wash mitt do you use?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cotton chenille

39 40.21%
  • Micro-fiber

16 16.49%
  • Sheepskin

34 35.05%
  • Sea sponge

6 6.19%
  • other (please specify)

2 2.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m curious to see what kind of wash mitt people use. Please take the poll.

Personally, I use sheepskin. Some people (ahem, you know who you are) tell me that this method is terrible. I feel that it works great, does not harm the paint, and gets the job done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use sheepskin. I`d continue to use it if it were white - that`s the only reason I`m looking around at chenille mitts.

Post Thanks / Like
    100% Cotton Viking Wash Mitt :up (the real one with the 100% cotton logo)

Post Thanks / Like
    REAL 100% cotton viking. logo and all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any place online where the 100% Cotton Viking Mitts can be purchased?

Post Thanks / Like
    YoSteve has them ~ 1 for $7.50 shipped, 2 for $14.00 shipped!

Just ordered 2 more Wednesday!!

YoSteve`s

:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    A question on those Viking cotton wash mitts.

Are they sewn over a sponge and how thick is the nap?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my MF mitt and only use MF, except i use the crappy cotton chenille swirl mitt on rims. Yes i know who they are justin .

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JustinTRW

Personally, I use sheepskin. Some people (ahem, you know who you are) tell me that this method is terrible. I feel that it works great, does not harm the paint, and gets the job done.

Could someone please tell me how a sheepskin wash mitt supposedley damages your car. I`ve never heard of that before. I always thought it was the most gentle mitt you could get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.. being that i desperately need to place an order from CMA soon (as soon as the discount code is sent) what mitt should i buy? I have the MF washmitt from CMA which i really really like.. and use on the paint, and use a Viking wash pad which i got at Wal-mart for the lower panels which attract a lot of dirt, and another one for the roof..

What should i buy?

Should i get another MF wash mitt (large or smaller one?)

A sea sponge?

a Sheepskin mitt?

Cotton chenille wash mitt/pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    It only allowed me to vote for one, so I didn`t vote at all. I use 3 kinds wash mitts- microfiber, chenile, and sheepskin. They all work great if used appropriately on the right surfaces and conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

It only allowed me to vote for one, so I didn`t vote at all. I use 3 kinds wash mitts- microfiber, chenile, and sheepskin. They all work great if used appropriately on the right surfaces and conditions.

Can you elaborate on this. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chenile: Proven, trusted, and tested, a quality 100% cotton chenille wash mitt is suitable for all types of washing conditions. I use it while detailing other people’s dirty cars as its thick nap traps road grime. Affordability and accessibility are pros.

Microfiber A microfiber wash mitt works wonders on cars that are in good condition with an already slick finish. It is softer than chenille or sheepskin and is the only thing I use to wash my own vehicles. Considering the fact it fits my hand like a glove, it provides excellent control. But give yourself lots of time because its small size wasn’t designed for quick washes. It’s pricey, but easy to wash and very durable.

Sheepskin Ill-suited for dirty finishes, yet no better than microfiber when a soft, gentle touch is necessary, sheepskin provides average everything. It’s okay for those times when your other two favorite mitts aren’t accessible. I purchased 3 at Costco for $6 so its a good deal if you like to change mitts often. There’s really nothing wrong with sheepskin, but there is nothing superior about it either.

*turns off annoying loudspeaker announcer voice*

[edit] Woa, that was a lot of prepositional phrases! And for AlBoston, there were lots of BW-like short, choppy, annoying AIM-like sentences. (I tried to cut down on FLONIese.) Oh shoot, I just remember he hates me calling him that... sorry Ali! [/edit]

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with BW, I Use All Three:

I use sheepskin on the wheels because I can find them cheap at Wal-Mart.

I use chenille because I find them to have a bit more "bite" for extra dirty vehicles. imo But I wash my car so much its never dirty so this is usually for "others" cars.

I find that after several washes in the washing machine, chennile starts to thin and wear out.

I use MF on my car because its super soft, I like the way it doesent have a cuff, and its super durable, holds up wash after wash in the washing machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I had the real Viking 100% Chenille Mitt, too, but I found it killed the suds a lot.

For about 9 months now, I`ve just been using the $.99 Viking Sponges at Wally World.:xyxthumbs Now, I know what you`re thinking, but I`ve proven that it doesn`t swirl for me. I`d like to try real sea sponge, but it`s just too danged expensive!

The sponge provides me with the most suds from my Z7. And it`s also cheap and easily replaceable(spelled wrong??). Plus, my car doesn`t have any wash swirls.:xyxthumbs

So, I will stick with this until I find a really good deal on a sea sponge!

:wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information