View Poll Results: How oftern do you wash?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • No garage. Wash < 1/week

11 11.00%
  • No garage. Wash 1/week

20 20.00%
  • No garage. Wash >1/week

11 11.00%
  • Garaged at night. Wash < 1/week

9 9.00%
  • Garaged at night. Wash 1/week

35 35.00%
  • Garaged at night. Wash > 1/week

14 14.00%
    Post Thanks / Like
    This poll was inspired by jrush`s post. People are always saying how obsessive compulsive I am, so I wanted to take a cross section of Autopia to confirm my ailment!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can usually go 2-3 weeks without a wash. The car doesnt see much rain this time of year so other than bugs, things stay clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    i can always make time to wash my car(except when the world cup games are on at like 5 in the morning!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have a garage. I try to wash it twice a week but sometimes have to do it three. Besides, a mobile detailer can`t have a dirty truck!

I try to quickdetail but my bedcover collects too much stuff to be safely QD`ed off.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    The LS400 is the work horse so it gets washed once a week. The Z28 is garaged 90% of the time and never driven in bad weather ( has not seen wet roads in over 3 years) may be washed 1-2 times per month to remove dust and freshen up the Zaino with some Z7.

Post Thanks / Like
    My "garage" is one of those 10x20 white portable carports you get at Sam`s Club (It has sides and a front & back, too). It stays remarkably clean in there, so was worth the $200!! :up

Still, I drive the car a couple of times a week, and it gets dirty, so trying to stay on the weekly wash schedule, with QD during the week for the dust.

Only when i feel it is really needed. This is not that often as the cars are kept garaged, and are detailed every day (I spend half hour to 40 mins every morning before i set off to work) Its good excercise. Theres is little if not any need to wash them in this case. If i am in doubt, then ill wash, but its not very often.

Stephs however is another matter. That car always needs a wash. It gathers to much soiled dirt especially around the sills.

JOHN ROSS

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I had time for more, but one wash a week and the car "sleeps" in the garage at night.

:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Texas so there is lots of dust. Don`t usually dry dust, dark blue scratches too easily I wash exterior twice a week usually, engine and undercarrage about once a week........ No kidding.... I think i may have a problem, I should seek help.
    2000 Navy Blue Trans Am WS6

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Volvo4Me

My "garage" is one of those 10x20 white portable carports you get at Sam`s Club (It has sides and a front & back, too). It stays remarkably clean in there, so was worth the $200!! :up

Still, I drive the car a couple of times a week, and it gets dirty, so trying to stay on the weekly wash schedule, with QD during the week for the dust.

That`s very neat. I would not be surprised if it stays cleaner in there than in my attached house garage. If I put the car inside right after washing, within a hour there is quite some dust laying on the surface, but nothing too bad.

How does the portable carport stand up to adverse weather?

Post Thanks / Like
    I only wash when my co-workers start to complain about the smell!!

Thread Information