Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutopiaForum and Autopia.org MERGED! Breaking News

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Was at the 3D Car Care SEMA party and it was announced that PBMG has acquired Autopia.org. Jason from PBMG announced that the forums will be merged together!

I think this is a huge step in the right direction as AutopiaForums has carried on the legacy established with information and education that has been synonymous with the Autopia brand since the late 1990s!

Awesome, I am looking forward to seeing how things play out in the future!
    Hey Todd theres some dude impersonating you over at Sema!

Post Thanks / Like

Was at the 3D Car Care SEMA party and it was announced that PBMG has acquired Autopia.org. Jason from PBMG announced that the forums will be merged together!

I think this is a huge step in the right direction as AutopiaForums has carried on the legacy established with information and education that has been synonymous with the Autopia brand since the late 1990s!

Awesome, I am looking forward to seeing how things play out in the future!

Glad to see you still around here Todd AutopiaForum and Autopia.org MERGED! Breaking News. I always enjoy your knowledge and opinions. You sir have helped make me a better detailer and I thank you for that. AutopiaForum and Autopia.org MERGED! Breaking News

I hope there isn`t any bickering between any members. I hope everyone just comes to understand exactly why we are all here at AF or Autopia.org in the first place. Everyone`s love for detailing!
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps they will leave this forum alone? Megan posted something on AG to the effect that they were combining the two (AG and .org). I hope that`s the case anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Perhaps they will leave this forum alone? Megan posted something on AG to the effect that they were combining the two (AG and .org). I hope that`s the case anyway.
    Unless I had a blackout, it`s AF and .org that are being combined. One would have to presume it will be done in the same way the TID forum was combined here, and the remaining URL will be autopia.org.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the thread on AG

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Unless I had a blackout, it`s AF and .org that are being combined. One would have to presume it will be done in the same way the TID forum was combined here, and the remaining URL will be autopia.org.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the thread on AG
    I have:

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    AGO and Autopia forums will remain separate as they always have.
    There isn`t much room for misinterpretation there.

Post Thanks / Like

And you would be correct. This is the post I saw that misled me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Wow. That is big news. At least 3D will have a sub forum. Hopefully that forum will have new life after this.
    Our plan is to breath a lot of life into that forum, combining the two will make for an awesome forum! Stay tuned for a complete make over!

meghan@autogeek.net

I went back and looked at the initial post and you are correct. From what I read. See above it sounded like ag and .org were combining. Perhaps wishful thinking on my end.

I have:

There isn`t much room for misinterpretation there.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have been told Autopia.org and Autopiaforums.org are going to be combined into one forum. The forum will be revamped with the lastest Vbulliten software.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Call me the optimist...PBMG has owned AutopiaForums (and Autopia-CarCare) for more than 3 1/2 years, and under PBMG ownership, this forum flourished.. as a place for real world, unbiased information. The culture we developed (we meaning the forum members including myself) here is so positive that it has restored the Autopian culture.
    You sir, deserve the credit for that. But there are some egos involved here that I believe will not go gentle into that goodnight.

Yes the merge will be difficult, technically, but I have more than enough faith in PBMG to handle the transition.
    Oh, I have no doubt--the PBMG forums run like a top.

Post Thanks / Like

You sir, deserve the credit for that. But there are some egos involved here that I believe will not go gentle into that goodnight.
    Perhaps I deserve some credit and I appreciate the compliment, but the majority of credit goes to the members. This forum, IMO, is the best on the internet when it comes to open discussion, and the members here did a great job of blending the best of "old school" Autopia and "old school" Detail City into the modern version of Autopia Forums.

This forum flourished under PBMG leadership and became the second largest detailing forum on the web, surpassing its namesake and others. When TID and DC combined into this forum, there was some ego and bad blood, but the rough waters quickly subsided.

I am excited to watch the future of this forum as it continues to a beacon of open thought and intelligent discussion.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I surmise Bob(Max) decided it was prolly cheaper to buy the site instead of being sued for infringement.

Post Thanks / Like

It will all work out.

People who have resentments or whatever will always move on and form another forum to their liking.Nothing wrong with that either!

Personally I am so happy to have this forum and think it cool we can talk about any product .

Plus the mods do a great job in keeping it a nice place to come.They dont tolerate a lot of crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you promise it will all work out? How do you know. What if I have a problem with my show car finish and all people will tell me it to buy a 3d product. Boo hoo.

Lol. Just kidding for anyone wondering.

We are ALL GOING to make it.

But I like it here the way it is.

Ps. Chick, if you leave for another forum PM me so I. Can tag along. This is really my main go to forum, and place I feel like the people are normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    It will all work out.

People who have resentments or whatever will always move on and form another forum to their liking.Nothing wrong with that either!

Personally I am so happy to have this forum and think it cool we can talk about any product .

Plus the mods do a great job in keeping it a nice place to come.They dont tolerate a lot of crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Mark View Post
    I surmise Bob(Max) decided it was prolly cheaper to buy the site instead of being sued for infringement.
    Wow, that is just way out of line. I don`t pretend to know the details as you do, but I do know that the original owner of autopia.COM and autopia-carcare.com, David B., split the forum off into a separate entity (autopia.ORG), and later sold them off separately, the forum to 3D and the store to his autopia partner (David O.) and his Ultima partner (Premium Finish Care). They in turn sold the store to PBMG (PBMA at that time).

I`m not sure how you get out of that that the owner of Autopia Car Care can`t have a forum named Autopia Forums without infringing...something.

If there was a lawsuit, it`s just as likely 3D lost, and Mr. McKee was generous enough to buy the forum as some sort of consolation. I notice the member over there with the purported inside info about this whole thing didn`t have any comment afterwards.

There`s a lot of anti-AG/PBMG sentiment over at .org, and a lot of it doesn`t have anything to do with the Autopia name. I had a few posts over there so I`m not exactly taking anything out of left field.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news indeed, wonder if the sponsor`s over there like ( Adams, Detailer`s Domain ) will be coming over here?
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information