Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing reviews in exchange for products...

I posted this on another thread but wanted to remind everybody that while AutopiaForums is an open forum, we cannot allow other companies to secretively shill and mislead our members.

Between AutogeekOnline.net and AutopiaForums.com you will find no lack of unbiased product reviews of any of the 60 plus product lines we carry. And on AutopiaForums you will find reviews for all sorts of products. What we really don’t like to see if reviews that are done for the purpose of someone else’s gain. They should be done for the sharing of knowledge with others. Not so you will receive a kick back or free product. Not really a practice we like to follow here. So with that in mind if you have an affiliation with a company or are posting reviews so your credit card isn`t charged, please note that in the review. I think that is fair for all involved, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doing reviews in exchange for products...

Totally agree

Post Thanks / Like

I am in full agreement.

I know I always try and add that info to my reviews.

On a side note: I have taken part of the 3D promotion that is currently going on. I hope that people who have viewed my reviews from the past few years have come to realize that wether or not I get a product free; I give a full & honest review. Because for me, it is my real name as my Forum Name. So it is a reflection of me as a person and my character. Although any more almost all product no days are at lest "good" and to give a bad review is more about splitting hairs or not using a product correctly / for its intended purpose. But there are those "bombs" out there...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I posted this on another thread but wanted to remind everybody that while AutopiaForums is an open forum, we cannot allow other companies to secretively shill and mislead our customers.

Between AutogeekOnline.net and AutopiaForums.com you will find no lack of unbiased product reviews of any of the 60 plus product lines we carry. And on AutopiaForums you will find reviews for all sorts of products. What we really don’t like to see if reviews that are done for the purpose of someone else’s gain. They should be done for the sharing of knowledge with others. Not so you will receive a kick back or free product. Not really a practice we like to follow here. So with that in mind if you have an affiliation with a company or are posting reviews so your credit card isn`t charged, please note that in the review. I think that is fair for all involved, right?

Is this by any chance directed towards me?

*edit.. I see the thread you are speaking of now. Never mind and excuse me

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the deal, totally agree on your comment and thanks for open forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Good post Todd. It is important to protect the integrity of AutopiaForums.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree 100% Todd.

On a side note: I have taken part of the 3D promotion that is currently going on. I hope that people who have viewed my reviews from the past few years have come to realize that wether or not I get a product free; I give a full & honest review. Because for me, it is my real name as my Forum Name. So it is a reflection of me as a person and my character. Although any more almost all product no days are at lest "good" and to give a bad review is more about splitting hairs or not using a product correctly / for its intended purpose. But there are those "bombs" out there...
    No worries at all Troy. I know your reviews and honest and you call it like you see it. I always look forward to your reviews
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t realize that had happened but your request is certainly reasonable and makes great sense. One of the nice things here is the informality of this forum and not being hog tied when it comes to talking about a product not carried here. With that in mind shilling will only lead us into a closed forum eventually. That would be a huge loss in my opinion and lessen the fun of coming here.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree too!

I do however wish someone gave me all the waterless washes I just bought to test.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for clarifying this todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a reasonable request to me! I thought for sure I was going to read...those review will be deleted! Nice work Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, this makes perfect sense. No matter how good the product or the review, there will always be one element missing in a sponsored product review. That is simply whether or not it was worth what you paid for it and will you spend that much to keep it on hand next time around. Free products are great but making sure everyone is aware that the you didn`t pay for the product adds credibility to the thread.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Please note this includes all products, even ones that you receive from Autopia or other PBMG affiliates. AutopiaForums exists to provide unbiased and more importantly open and honest information about products, techniques, procedures, and discussion related to detailing cars, boats, bikes, house stuff and more. Sometimes we even manage to have a good time

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% as well. I prefer to read reviews that compare products more than just a review a single product. It isn`t really a surprise to hear that a product does what it is intended to do and there are often very subjective opinions given in a review. When products are tested side by side it really clarifies things.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% and to go one step further it is getting kind of old seeing the same review littering 4 boards for the same product because you have to post it to get credit. I hope the promo ends soon. At first I thought great marketing look at the exposure. Now it just makes me think oh no not another 3d review. Kind of how I feel about a paid advertisement that looks lime a show on TV.

Would not be bad if it was not posted all over every board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information