Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doing reviews in exchange for products...

Would not be bad if it was not posted all over every board
    I`ve seen duplicate reviews of most products done on several boards from long time members of Autopia Forums.

Nobody complains over there.

I think Todd just wants a disclaimer, which is fair and ethical. He`s not seeking prohibition or restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like

I never said he was. I agree with his doisclaimer and I added my 2 cents, I am just getting tired of seeing the same 3D review on every site. The 4 post rule really saturates the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    I`ve seen duplicate reviews of most products done on several boards from long time members of Autopia Forums.

Nobody complains over there.

I think Todd just wants a disclaimer, which is fair and ethical. He`s not seeking prohibition or restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I agree 100% and to go one step further it is getting kind of old seeing the same review littering 4 boards for the same product because you have to post it to get credit. I hope the promo ends soon. At first I thought great marketing look at the exposure. Now it just makes me think oh no not another 3d review. Kind of how I feel about a paid advertisement that looks lime a show on TV.

Would not be bad if it was not posted all over every board
    So don`t read the reviews for 3d products when they pop up in your feed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I never said he was. I agree with his doisclaimer and I added my 2 cents, I am just getting tired of seeing the same 3D review on every site. The 4 post rule really saturates the boards.
    It`s no different than requiring a number of posts to enter giveaways, sharing something on facebook for entries, or numerous other stipulations that many people have no problem with. I doubt many people are doing these reviews purely for adding a product on their shelf, why would they? Why waste time on something you won`t ever use again? Just enjoy someone taking time out of their day to test a product, share their experience with others as they try to learn as much as they can on a variety of products.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, I am happy you brought this up. I couldn`t agree more that full disclosure is necessary. I use the reviews from all over the Internet to assist me when I am looking at new products. I focus on AGO and Autopia Forums and know that I can get unbiased feedback instead of slanted reviews found across the web. I am very happy that Autopia Forums has been kept "open" to all products, rather than just the ones offered by AG and ACC. I have no problem that AGO is just for products offered, but am happy that the products not yet offered by PBMG can be reviewed and discussed by AF members.

Only one thing to say:

Post Thanks / Like

I can see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by ec90 View Post
    It`s no different than requiring a number of posts to enter giveaways, sharing something on facebook for entries, or numerous other stipulations that many people have no problem with. I doubt many people are doing these reviews purely for adding a product on their shelf, why would they? Why waste time on something you won`t ever use again? Just enjoy someone taking time out of their day to test a product, share their experience with others as they try to learn as much as they can on a variety of products.

Post Thanks / Like

Why didn`t I think of that?

Thanks lol

Quote Originally Posted by jvs1991 View Post
    So don`t read the reviews for 3d products when they pop up in your feed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radarryan View Post
    Todd, I am happy you brought this up. I couldn`t agree more that full disclosure is necessary. I use the reviews from all over the Internet to assist me when I am looking at new products. I focus on AGO and Autopia Forums and know that I can get unbiased feedback instead of slanted reviews found across the web. I am very happy that Autopia Forums has been kept "open" to all products, rather than just the ones offered by AG and ACC. I have no problem that AGO is just for products offered, but am happy that the products not yet offered by PBMG can be reviewed and discussed by AF members.

Only one thing to say:
    Thank you for the feedback! Yes AF is open to all product discussion and exists to freely share opinions, processes and techniques. We even allow debates so long as they remain civil and constructive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information