Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please post any questions you have for Dr. G from Optimum Polymer Technologies

I will remind him today.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please post any questions you have for Dr. G from Optimum Polymer Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Optimum View Post
    I will remind him today.
    Thanks Chris!

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has this answer, please chime in:

Are there any negative effects of using Opti-Coat with a clear bra? Specifically, will Opti-Coat inhibit the bonding of the bra? And is there any advantage to applying on top of a clear bra if you happen to be applying to the whole car anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Coat 2.0 & Layering

This has been discussed several times and because of formula changes and improvements, it would be great if Dr. G. could address this again.

1. Can it be layered?
    2. If yes, is there a timeframe after the initial application that this must take place?
    3. Will the second coat provide benefits the first does not; depth, additional protection etc.
    4. Is applying a sealant or wax over Opti-Coat 2.0 desirable or even advisable?

Thanks in advance!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Opti-Coat 2.0 & Layering

This has been discussed several times and because of formula changes and improvements, it would be great if Dr. G. could address this again.

1. Can it be layered?
    2. If yes, is there a timeframe after the initial application that this must take place?
    3. Will the second coat provide benefits the first does not; depth, additional protection etc.
    4. Is applying a sealant or wax over Opti-Coat 2.0 desirable or even advisable?

Thanks in advance!!
    I bought some OG last fall in a group buy and haven`t used any of it yet. So, I would add to BobbyG`s list:

5. Do tubes of OC/OG have numbers that would allow us to identify which version (formula changes and improvements BobbyG mentioned) of either product we may have that would relate to BobbyG`s 4 questions?

Post Thanks / Like

I want to buy some Optimum polishes and compounds, but I am very concerned about shelf life which seems to an issue for Optimum. This being a hobby for me, and having some concerns about shelf life has even kept me from buying even the 8 oz. bottles to try.

I would like to know more about shelf-life, so that would be a question I`d like to see get asked.
    I prefer to buy my products in a minimum size of quarts. I would like to see a shelf life of 3-5 years from date of purchase, and on the upper end of that scale. Certainly that isn`t too much to ask for as I have many Mothers and Meguiar`s products that are much older. None of us know how long any of the Optimum products sit on retailers shelves. I`ve read that the products should last two years. Two years from what? Date of purchase, or from the time Optimum ships it to the retailer? Obviously the freshest product comes straight from Optimum, which means never getting a great sale for me because I rarely visit their site. I most often frequent this forum, AG, and a few other mainstream forums.

I`d also like to see all manufacturers go back to glass which would certainly increase shelf life, but that will never happen because of cost. That being the case it would be nice to see manufacturers seek out alternative plastics that would hinder the escaping of gases allowing product shelf life to last longer.

I`d also like to know if larger quantities (5 gallons, or more) of OptiClean, OPC and ONR are available. What about larger quantities of OC 2.0 and OG? Answers to these questions would be for future reference for me.

Post Thanks / Like

The interview was received a couple of days ago, I will get it posted to the forum today. Thank you everybody for your questions!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    The interview was received a couple of days ago, I will get it posted to the forum today. Thank you everybody for your questions!
    Has this interview been posted yet? Haven`t seen it.
    Shane

2016 Honda Civic EX-T in Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Shane

I don`t think Dr G has answered Todd`s email yet. Chris said he was going to remind him.

I`m anxious to read it, too.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Todd has it. He`s probably just busy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Shane

I don`t think Dr G has answered Todd`s email yet. Chris said he was going to remind him.

I`m anxious to read it, too.
    Yes I have the email, I will make sure I get it to tech support so they can begin building the webpage. I will post the Q+A soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information