Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone out there have a recipe for a good car wash?

Post Thanks / Like
    How about...

.75 oz MEG gold class

.25-.5 oz PBS

3 gal water

But seriously, you`re referring to people crafting their own carwashes? I think we`re basically beyond that point in carwash technology unless you want to mix a bunch of glycerin, oils and chemicals just to wash your car..

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    On could probably home brew up something to remove car wax type of wash, but for weekly washing it would be easier to buy something especially formulated. I`m interested to hear what others have to say on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    1- 5 gallon bucket

1- 6 pack favorite beer

1- dose of favorite car shampoo

Open 1st beer and drink thoroughly during next step

Put bucket on driveway.

Open 2nd beer and drink thoroughly during next step.

Turn on hose and fill bucket with 2 gallons water.

Open 3rd beer and drink thoroughly during next step.

Pour in dose of car shampoo.

Open 4th beer and drink thoroughly during next step.

Turn on hose and fill bucket with 1-2 gallons water using spray to

create suds.

Open 5th and 6th beer and drink thoroughly then wash car!

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s pretty much what I figured. Right now, I`m using Simoniz gel car wash w/ teflon. I like it, cause it doesn`t strip the wax. The only gripe I have about it is that it doesn`t get very foamy. When my car is clean I like to use it, but if it`s really dirty I`d like to use something with a little more suds. I used dish soap today, cause I plan on polish/waxing it anyways and I kind of wanted to get it "really clean" if you know what I mean. I know dish soap is generally regarded as bad, but if I`m gonna wax it anyway, does anyone see a problem with this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about the simonize stuff and teflon. Suggest you search for teflon on here to see .. but the short version is no added benefit.

Dawn washing once or twice a year is ok if you want to remove old wax and oils to prepare for a new wax or polymer system. There are other reasons some people use dawn but I suggest you do a search on "DAWN" and you will find a bunch of threads to read.

PS WELCOME to the FORUM!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Many have a problem with frequently washing the car with dish soap as "it is very alkaline". Just don`t do it more than once or twice a year and you should be fine but don`t make a habit of it!

Yeah, try mixing some harsher stuff mixed with a good gentle foamy wash like Meguiars Gold Class in the USA. Not sure about products from the U.K. but I know others can speak for those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Darnit <strong class=`bbc`>GUESS[/b] you just had to slip in there before my post didn`t you? Always taunting me!:p

Post Thanks / Like
    Well FLONI isn`t here yet so I have to fill in for him. LOL

PUTER he is from Vancouver Island British Columbia...CANADAAAAAAAA

Puter meant no disrespect he is OK

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I couldn`t see his profile when I was replying so I just guessed UK. Canada? Oh that place. The one up north, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon must be applied at around 700 degrees for it to be useful, unless you are applying it with a flamethrower you are out of luck. So in car products Teflon means nothing, it`s a total marketing ploy.:down :down
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    You got a problem with Canada, eh? J/K. I knew that much about teflon... I was just quoting the label on the soap. Anyone else here from Canada?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe BillNorth is from Canada, not sure how many other regular users are from there. There are a few though..

ADDED: Check this thread out! http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...&threadid=3601

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon get`s a bad rap, it`s a chemical marvel. It may totally suck for any of our detailing uses, but there are many applicatons where it isn`t baked on and it works. There are probably places on your car where it is a lubricant additive. If you own an an American car or VW, teflon is a bolt coating additive in order to make them go on better

Post Thanks / Like

Product suggestion

First, I`d like to apologize if I`ve placed this in the wrong section. I looked around and this seemed to be the most natural place for this. Admin, please move this thread if it does not belong here.

I was wondering if there was a way that PAC could start using clear or somewhat clear graduated 5gl. buckets that can accommodate Grit Guards? I`ve looked and looked but can`t seem to find any. Actually, I was able to locate some but the company that is selling them is in my opinion price gouging its customers. It would be awesome if PAC could start carrying some.

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer this question. I look forward to your response.
    Joshua 1:9- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be affraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information