Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Hi Jack

How did you and Angelo meet?

This is going to be an epic thread IMO.......5 Stars :notworthy:
    Flash, Angelo was recommended to me by Todd. He handles our Wholesale, and Detailer programs, (if you are not on one, call him and save money). Angelo is a respected detailer that has been sharing with people since you had to mix powder with water to make polish. He is the nicest man in this business and will always help you when you need it. He is an asset to CMA and we are lucky to have him on our team.

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack,

Thanks for the follow-up to my and the other questions!
    You are a man true to his word - I really like that !

I also echo your admiration for the team you have mentioned so far, Todd and Angelo - these guys are easily the BEST in so many ways !

I laughed when you mentioned Angelo mixing powder and water-- I still remember using CornStarch to put the final burnishing on Black freshly painted vehicles !!

Thanks for taking the best possible route to success with this - I am generally on accessories-overload when I look at some detailing sites, they have too much ga-ga out there, it makes my brain tired to even attempt to read all the junk they have on their Home Page.

I would rather come to a Site that I know is looking out for me/us, and is going to present only credible, tested, value-added, product; I for one dont have time to wade through all the other light-weight stuff...

Thanks again Jack !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jack:

You mentioned that you`re working on getting a Meguiar`s show sometime. Have you considered maybe doing some kind of PAC/TID show so we can talk to participating vendors? If you do, may I suggest Orlando as your target site?

Augustine

Post Thanks / Like
    When are you coming to Scotland to visit your friends at Polished Bliss? We`ll really show you what sunshine is!! :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    When are you coming to Scotland to visit your friends at Polished Bliss? We`ll really show you what sunshine is!! :p
    I would love to come hang out with you guys ancing Dot:

Oh...You were talking about Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    scotland.... isn`t that the place where the term liquid sunshine originated.... just kidding

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, I posted this question to Angelo but since your making yourself so easily accessible I figured I would post it again and maybe get some other member`s feedback.

I am often reading through the TID posts and reading about products that really grab my attention. Like everyone these days I don?t always have the budget to the buy the products I want right away. Is there a way to add a "Wish List" button to the site so that you can add a product to your wish list and when the personal funding is available it`s easy to go back and order it?

Thank you and this thread will truly be valuable to the members and your time is greatly appreciated by all of us.
    Mike K
    I know just enough to get me in trouble!

`04 Toyota 4-Runner Sport EditionV8
    `06 Honda Accord LX Special Edition
    `50 Chevy Streetrod - Air Force Blues, 383, 500hp, 540lbft

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    +1 on Flash`s post. Just to add, how did he meet up with Todd as well..
    grungy, Todd actually came to us via one of our vendors. I get a call one day saying my friend had a "Detailer" in Florida that wanted to discuss working with us. I though OK... I`ll talk to him out of respect for my friend. It took a month to get together with Todd and when I did, we started talking about all sorts of things, detailing, families, politics etc... It dawned on me and I say to him, "Hey, are you TH0001?" and of course, he says yes. "Wow, I have been reading your threads and like what say and do." We worked out an agreement, a gentleman?s agreement, as we both do not like contracts and believe your word is your bond. We have become very good friends out of mutual respect for each other and Todd has been instrumental in helping me with decisions concerning products, forums, detailers etc... It stems from the fact that we honestly think alike on how you conduct yourself in life or business. Don`t get me wrong, we are both far from perfect, but we try to do it right. I am proud he counts me as one of his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by broker99 View Post
    this should be good.
    Chad we are always good! :biggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Lurking here permanently.
    Bill, you are one of the best "Lurkers" around, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    grungy, that was going to be my 2nd question....

Oh Well, with Todd on the demonstrating end and Angelo at the moving product end. I can`t see anything but success :money: :money: :money:
    I hope so, they make a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    so jack, i dig how you seem to be hands on in pac. does that mean we wont see you in any episodes of undercover ceo.
    That`s an interesting show. When I watch it, I am always reminded that many big companies really do loose track of their core people and customers. They forget why they go to work every day and are focused on the $$$. I will be the first to say we all have to make a profit. We all have bills to pay, it is just the way you choose to make that profit that separates many companies in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Jack...

When and how did your passion for cars and detailing start?

And how did it develop into this obviously successful business?!!
    Bill, I have always had two loves in life, cars and music. I could not play a musical instrument so I entered the audio industry and was there for 25 years. When I decided to make a career change I went with my other love, cars. I knew Terry, (Pac?s founder and retired past owner) from my first days of buying a stereo. I then went to work with him and stayed in communication when he moved to Florida in 1987 to open Classic Motoring Accessories. CMA of course led to Proper Auto Care and the web site.
    I have been into racing since the days of Jimmy Clark, (my first hero) and Fireball Roberts. I still avidly follow F-1 and ALMS and an occasional NASCAR race. I love any kind of car and have owned some interesting but not exotic rides, an Audi Coupe GT in ?86, a Ford Fairlane Cobra with a 428CJ and C-6, a VW 337 amongst others. No Ferraris or Porsches yet and would definitely like a C-6 Vette. Todd and I talk about those all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    Hi Jack:

You mentioned that you`re working on getting a Meguiar`s show sometime. Have you considered maybe doing some kind of PAC/TID show so we can talk to participating vendors? If you do, may I suggest Orlando as your target site?

Augustine
    Augustine, how have you been? We talk about a show constantly. We want to do something different. Others have or are doing the "Vendor" type shows and seem to do a good job at it. To re-create that format would not serve us. However, we do have a couple of other ideas in mind and will keep everyone posted as we get nearer to pulling them off.

Clark good to see you here on TID. I understand you and Rich are very busy, congratulations we respect the business the two of you (and Angela) have built. Rich asked me the same thing when he was here in December. Might have a trip to Europe this year for business and if so I would try to arrange to see your place. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to get off the business track, Jack, but after a tumultuous off season for F1 what do you think will happen this year with so many new teams and the driver changes with all the others?

I would certainly expect Schumi to do well in a Mercedes but I also think Ferrari is even stronger. Then there`s Toro Rosso and Kubica driving for Renault!!!

Should be interesting in Bahrain this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jack,

When to you anticipate a CMA event? It is something that I have been looking forward to and would be well worth the trip to Florida to attend.

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Not to get off the business track, Jack, but after a tumultuous off season for F1 what do you think will happen this year with so many new teams and the driver changes with all the others?

I would certainly expect Schumi to do well in a Mercedes but I also think Ferrari is even stronger. Then there`s Toro Rosso and Kubica driving for Renault!!!

Should be interesting in Bahrain this weekend.
    That is the great thing about F-1, there are so many teams I like. I have and always will be a staunch Ferrari supporter. I am not however a big Alonzo supporter. I don`t know why, but I just don`t like him. I have always liked Massa, Hamilton is phenomenal and Sebastian Vettel is a future World Champion and he is sooooo young. WOW! I like the "No fuel" pit stop rule. It makes them really develope their technology. Look at when Honda ruled and they came up with Variable Valve Technology, Used in almost all modern cars on the road today. It came out of F-1 and the need to have an engine get better fuel mileage and still develope a lot of horsepower. I think it will still be a Ferrari or McLaren at the end, maybe Vettle.

Speaking on Schumacher...the man is a God in a car. He is 42-43 years old, no spring chicken, but still one of the fittest men in the sport. It will be interesting to see him again.

THESE are the Formula One records Michael Schumacher has set since his F1 debut in Belgium in 1991:

Most drivers` titles: Seven (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
    Longest reign as champion: Four years 11 months 17 days (October 8, 2000 to September 25, 2005)
    Most wins: 91
    Most pole positions: 68
    Most wins in a single season: 13 (2004)
    Most successive wins in a season: Seven (2004)
    Most second places: 43
    Most fastest race laps: 76
    Most races led: 141
    Most laps in the lead: 5096
    Most points: 1369 (includes 78 from 1997 when he was excluded from the final standings after a collision with Canadian Jacques Villeneuve in the title deciding race)
    Most points in a season: 148 (2004)
    Most successive seasons with a win: 15
    Most podiums: 154
    Most wins at the same grand prix: Eight (France)
    Most wins from pole position: 40
    Most hat-tricks (pole, win, fastest lap): 22
    Most successive races in the points: 24 (2001-2003)
    Most successive podiums: 19 (2001-2002)
    Entire season of podium finishes: Schumacher is the only driver to do it (2002)
    Biggest winning points margin: 67 (2002)
    Fastest title: 2002 (won in July with six races to spare)
    Most 1-2 finishes: Schumacher and Ferrari teammate Brazilian Rubens Barrichello have the most one-two finishes of any pairing in Formula One history: 24 (2000-2005)

I have I think, every race on either tape or DVD since 1986. All of the Senna Prost battles, Mansell etc... I even have an bootleg incar from Senna`s in the 1988 Japan race where he drove Prost off the track, then came back in to win. Only to have it taken away, because you can`t do that. Great tape, no commentary, just the engine and watching Senna a bit of Prost.

Yeah... I like F-1.

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack

Past or present what are some products that have impressed you the most. Also what are some of PACs all time best selling items?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your comments Jack and enjoy what should be an interesting F1 season!

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broker99 View Post
    Jack

Past or present what are some products that have impressed you the most. Also what are some of PACs all time best selling items?
    Chad, as you know there are so many good products out there it is hard to pick only a few. But, with that being said, (Let me put on my shill hat :devil I honestly beleive a number of the Blackfire products offer tremendous value. I mean $200, $300 $500, $2500 wax. I don`t know, they may be great, but from someone that understands a little on wax manufacturing...P21S wax is still a bargain in my book. I think some of the new Meg`s waxes for less money are solid, and yes Midnight Sun is my Favorite. For the money, ease of use, durability and of course the look, yes for $59 I think it is great and as good as most on the market that sell for a lot more money. Product lines that I think are winners, Collinite, Optimum, P21S, Meg`s, to name a few. I don`t think these companies make a "bad" product if you understand who they are marketing their products to. You may not like one as much as something else, but they are great values and I have no problem reccomending them to my customers. When I first met Todd, I was proud to tell him that I was not embarrassed to reccomend any product we sell, They all have a customer that they will perfectly fill their needs. Mothers makes good products for the money. If you tried, as I have, any of the "Reflections" lines you would agree.

For products that sell the most, I just looked at my yahoo store acctount to make sure my answer is accurate. PorterCable 7424`s still sell ALOT and any kit incluing them. Big Blue Drying towels, Wet Diamond is number 4!!!! But these are all good products and fit that mold of "Value" (cost, ease of use, performance etc...)

I hope this answers your question a bit Chad, it is actually tougher than you think. Heck, I bought tonight a bottle of Optimum Power Clean and Leather Protectant to clean the interior on the Chrysler this weekend. Todd was showing me how well it worked this week, (a trick David Fermani, yes THAT David Fermani) showed him. This stuff is incredible. I was like a kid and ran in to buy some, (yeah, I pay for it).
    Thanks
    jk

Post Thanks / Like
    The story of Jack and I (from my perspective).

As Jack mentioned a mutual friend and vendor introduced us. I had a slow summer detailing wise and then was hit with a rush that didn`t let up until after Christmas. It is the nature of the business, busy, slow, busy, slow. I was looking at other options to supplement my income as well as carry me through a slow spells, but I wasn`t really looking at working for somebody. I was toying with various idea`s for businesses, etc.

After talking with Jack and being convinced of the person he is and the direction he wanted to move the company in I knew I had found a second home and a great friend. We originally toyed with the idea of a forum and had discussions as such. Jack warned me that certain people would take shots at me when they found out that I was going to work for CMA, as is always the case, there is a lot behind the scenes.

I have learned more about business, ethics, and taking the high road in the last year and a half from Jack then I have ever known prior and I am completely loyal to him and his concept for this company.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information