Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So far I miss the old operation

When I first started ordering at PAC I would order over the weekend. My order would ship out on Monday and arrive on Friday before a weekend of detailing. Since the closing of PAC I have placed two orders with PBMG on a weekend but the orders don`t ship until Tuesday. Therefore, orders don`t arrive until the following Monday. May seem like a small deal but if I need a product for the weekend it becomes a big deal. Before I give up on on the new ship I will try placing an order on Friday and see if them gives PBMG ample time to process my order.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classic Motoring Accessories Closing their doors.

Yeah that`s a good idea.

I never order on the weekend because I also am in ecommerce and understand that`s when shipping stops, employees take a day or two off and Monday is like Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and Monday all rolled up into one.

I place my orders on Monday night after most of the chaos is over. Ships on Tuesday great, Wednesday is OK too. Get my stuff Thursday or Friday, in time for the weekend.

I`m sure that one of the reasons CMA is gone is because they didn`t have nearly the volume as PBMG does. That worked for them (your orders shipping fast on Monday) and against them as well since they didn`t have enough orders.
    Little Jimmy!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Richard, at least one product provider is talking so we are getting more insight on PAC`s business condition.

As for Four Star, I wonder if they are just trying to sell off the inventory that PAC held. I suspect Four Star supplied them with some of their private brands as well.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jammerz101 View Post
    Yeah that`s a good idea......

I place my orders on Monday night after most of the chaos is over. Ships on Tuesday great, Wednesday is OK too. Get my stuff Thursday or Friday, in time for the weekend.

I`m sure that one of the reasons CMA is gone is because they didn`t have nearly the volume as PBMG does........
    Ya I know AG is dealing with more orders.

I try to avoid having an order ship on a Friday so it won`t sit in a truck over the weekend. It is very hot in the south and western USA right now. I try to reduce the "bake time". So now I have an aerosol can of cleaner sitting in AZ or NM somewhere over this weekend waiting for delivery next week. Another option is to order heat sensitive items locally or wait for cooler weather.

The AG customer service page says they can ship ground nest business day. I ill try a Friday order next time and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bunky!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Richard, at least one product provider is talking so we are getting more insight on PAC`s business condition.

As for Four Star, I wonder if they are just trying to sell off the inventory that PAC held. I suspect Four Star supplied them with some of their private brands as well.
    Find BlackWow at Autopia-Carcare.com
    Black Wow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    I have placed two orders with PBMG on a weekend but the orders don`t ship until Tuesday. Therefore, orders don`t arrive until the following Monday. May seem like a small deal but if I need a product for the weekend it becomes a big deal. Before I give up on on the new ship I will try placing an order on Friday and see if them gives PBMG ample time to process my order.
    Quote Originally Posted by jammerz101 View Post
    I never order on the weekend because I also am in ecommerce and understand that`s when shipping stops, employees take a day or two off and Monday is like Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and Monday all rolled up into one.
    I agree it`s likely from the large volume of orders received over the weekend, likely spurred by frequent weekend specials and classes. FWIW I think they also work on Saturday and are loading up the UPS trailers then, too...so it`s not like they aren`t trying to keep up.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay Bunky, so now what do we do with that information since they are out of business?

On delivery issues, I have none. I usually get two day delivery from DB or DI. Order on Monday before 10 AM, products are here on Wednesday afternoon. Distance also plays a part in shipping. Ohio seems to be in an ideal location for quick deliveries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post

Okay Bunky, so now what do we do with that information since they are out of business?
    It is something interesting to know how and why things happen. Why did PAC fail? It could be a good business lesson.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Look at all the shops
    out there. Competition
    is tough. Could be
    nothing more than that.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lil Detlr View Post

There are some of us who feel our participation on forums is an important part of running a business -- not only for marketing our services but also because staying on top of new trends and practices allows us to offer nothing but the best to our customers. If you feel that forum participation is unimportant to the success of your products, that`s fine, but don`t sit there and bash people who value it. Not cool.
    It`s the reason after almost 20yrs (since joining here) I decided to join.
    Some outside have asked "why now"
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    On delivery issues, I have none. I usually get two day delivery from DB or DI. Order on Monday before 10 AM, products are here on Wednesday afternoon. Distance also plays a part in shipping. Ohio seems to be in an ideal location for quick deliveries.
    "Quick" from DI or DB... DI using FedEx Ground is one of the primary reasons I use `em. Consistently 6 - 8 days after ordering for me to get anything from AG and previously from CMA.

Priority Mail has always been the fastest transit for me. Specifying that when ordering from AG resulted in 4 days before my order even shipped

Having a UPS mini-sort hub in Middleburg Heights has to be a good thing for you.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Look at all the shops out there. Competition is tough. Could be nothing more than that.

Learning from mistakes can benefit any business man. PAC must have had a huge debt without enough cash to continue operations and not even enough to fix the servers which would have helped the going out of business sale. I assume the banks would not loan PAC any more without some outlook of improved cash flow.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Bunky,

What you described has affected millions of businesses in America these past few years. Nothing new to be learned there, except they need more buyers and less overhead to survive these trying times.

There used to be a pool supply store here that operated about 25 retail outlets. Today they have 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So far I miss the old operation

When I first started ordering at PAC I would order over the weekend. My order would ship out on Monday and arrive on Friday before a weekend of detailing. Since the closing of PAC I have placed two orders with PBMG on a weekend but the orders don`t ship until Tuesday. Therefore, orders don`t arrive until the following Monday. May seem like a small deal but if I need a product for the weekend it becomes a big deal. Before I give up on on the new ship I will try placing an order on Friday and see if them gives PBMG ample time to process my order.
    Palm Beach Motoring Group and by default Autopia-CarCare.com strive to provide the absolute best shipping rates, quality, and service (including turn-around times). If you feel like your shipping is taking too long or if you need something by a pre set date feel free (in fact PLEASE) shoot me a personal PM and I will see what I can do to make sure that we live up to the reputation that others have aimed for. In fact if there is anything in reason that anybody feels I can be of assistance in helping please never hesitate to use the PM button.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd for the reminder. One of the most important elements of customer service is communication with the customer.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information