Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The announcement that will rock the car care industry!

Quote Originally Posted by jammerz101 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but that would mean that the previous owner of Autopia Car Care would be the one responsible for letting any employees go when they sold the website, correct? As I understand it, PBMA didn`t actually purchase a "business and employees" but more or less purchased an online entity that was offered for sale that is used to conduct business, a sales channel if you will. Then they appointed you to manage it and are using some of the proceeds to run Detail City?
    It sounds like they just purchased the ACC.com name/domain, the product stock, and legal liabilities. I just wondered what happened to Perfect Shine, etc. and all the other businesses that were a part of Autopia originally.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    It sounds like they just purchased the ACC.com name/domain, the product stock, and legal liabilities. I just wondered what happened to Perfect Shine, etc. and all the other businesses that were a part of Autopia originally.
    Doesn`t sound that way to me at all regarding legal liabilities, at least regarding any transactions that occured before the sale. Websites are not liable, companies and individuals are.

Quote Originally Posted by John@Autopia-Carcare.com View Post
    As stated in the original press release, PBMA acquired these websites. It really is as simple as that. When we acquired the online store, that`s exactly what took place.
    Quote Originally Posted by John@Autopia-Carcare.com View Post
    Precisely correct
    They did not say they bought out product stock or took over a company. They said they bought a website. When you start a company you do not automatically get a website and when you start a website that in itself in no way starts a company. They are two different things.

Let`s say you start a website called Bunkys Flea Market and you sell stuff, then after a while you decide it isn`t working for you and decide to sell it. It would be very possible to sell it to someone else and keep your inventory of stuff. Especially if the buyer had their own stuff to sell.
    Little Jimmy!!!

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the well wishes.

20 years of buffing on cars in the heat has definitely influenced my decision. I know my back will be much happier.

I actually was at a point where I hated detailing so it`s time. I am gonna miss my customers. Some more than others.

My 2 cents on the whole site acquisition thing. PBMA knows how to run a business. ACC will be bigger and better than ever. I`m thinking it would have been nice for the west coast people to have the benefit of a warehouse close to them though. Maybe that`s on the horizon for PBMA. I love being able to order one day and receive it the next.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if one of my posts disappeared.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I wonder if one of my posts disappeared.

I don`t see anything being deleted in this entire thread. Maybe try posting again? Let me know if you think you`re having some technical issues.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

I looked too and as John said there have been no posts removed in this thread.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I see the active members list on the home page has more than quadrupled. Good deal!! Nice to see this forum coming alive again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I see the active members list on the home page has more than quadrupled. Good deal!! Nice to see this forum coming alive again!!
    I noticed that too. As a business man. I have a lot of respect for PBMA. Just look at their track record of success. Looks like the momentum is getting started.
    Little Jimmy!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information