Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mayor In Town!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beercan31 View Post
    just as long as its not the Busch boys at the wheel we have a fighting chance..

most people don`t like "change" but if you have been doing your home work you would have also noticed that this site "Detailcity.com" has fallen off the radar on the search engines, this is a direct reflect on informative posts and activity regarding detailing. there was a time where we were all a tight knit dysfunctional family regardless of what product line one chose, it was process not product that got DC to the respected level we remember and product sponsors that backed the site... that i hope this will show up again.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beercan31 View Post
    just as long as its not the Busch boys at the wheel we have a fighting chance..

most people don`t like "change" but if you have been doing your home work you would have also noticed that this site "Detailcity.com" has fallen off the radar on the search engines, this is a direct reflect on informative posts and activity regarding detailing. there was a time where we were all a tight knit dysfunctional family regardless of what product line one chose, it was process not product that got DC to the respected level we remember and product sponsors that backed the site... that i hope this will show up again.

You`re absolutely right.

No question that my main focus will be to bring the life in both sites. DC still remains to be a wonderful forum, however the improvements that we`ll be making over the next few weeks will make it even better. Tapping into the potential here will bring this site into the upper echelon of detailing discussion forums.

It`ll be exciting, no question. With all of your help, we can make this happen. I`m anxious to watch this develop in the upcoming weeks. I hope you guys are too!
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I agree JP on all levels. I`ll be watching this one from afar.
    X-2
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

congrats John ...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I fail to log in for 3 hours & the whole place changes ...........

I like.

to OP, btw!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeTreeDetail View Post
    Wow, I fail to log in for 3 hours & the whole place changes ...........

I like.

to OP, btw!
    Thanks, Shade!

Lots more will be improving the site in the coming weeks! Stay tuned, and this time maybe don`t wait 3 hours, you never know what could happen!
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, with the new changes taking effect; will you begin allowing for "proper" signatures to be used?

Proper = Graphics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John@Autopia-Carcare.com View Post
    Thanks, Shade!

Lots more will be improving the site in the coming weeks! Stay tuned, and this time maybe don`t wait 3 hours, you never know what could happen!
    Right on, brotha!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post

Along with upgrades and improvements, I hope that we can still keep an open floor for discussion of products that are NOT sold and promoted by PBMA, Autogeek, or autopia carcare and that the censorship level does not reach that of other forums I used to frequent to the point of removing posts and the like.
    EDIT:
    Just saw John`s post stating this will remain a "People`s Forum" ........ NICE.

Post Thanks / Like

I would echo what JP said but this site had already had a shift in recent weeks from hobbyist discussing their hobby to discussions about business cards where to run ads and detailing business related questions instead of detailing it self.
    I see this as a possible step in the wrong direction but I had already all but stopped posting here anyway.
    I sure hope detail-city don`t become like the others
    Like JP pointed out their was a reason we stayed here and not posting on AG forum.

Post Thanks / Like

EDIT:
    Just saw John`s post stating this will remain a "People`s Forum" ........ NICE.

www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    I would echo what JP said but this site had already had a shift in recent weeks from hobbyist discussing their hobby to discussions about business cards where to run ads and detailing business related questions instead of detailing it self.
    I see this as a possible step in the wrong direction but I had already all but stopped posting here anyway.
    Like JP pointed out their was a reason we stayed here and not posting on AG forum.
    I feel the same regarding the AG forum .......... detailing is detailing whether a business or as a hobbyist. As with the majority of the detailing forums; DC also has the sub forums supporting subjects such as "Marketing Strategies", "General Business Mgt" etc. ....... always been here so not much has changed in that department.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    Hey BB, you know I`m your bud and wouldn`t just say this just for the heck of it. I`m with you on the types of discussion I like to see here on The City but I also think there is room for a broad range of discussion on this site.

I would hope you might give this a chance and bare with us through the changes before making any final decisions. It could be just the shot in the arm that most of us didn`t think we needed. It could turn out to be a really good thing.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same regarding the AG forum .......... detailing is detailing whether a business or as a hobbyist. As with the majority of the detailing forums; DC also has the sub forums supporting subjects such as "Marketing Strategies", "General Business Mgt" etc. ....... always been here so not much has changed in that department.

In my opinion, It seems like more people are developing their knowledge of detailing, partially thanks to venues like Detail City. They see the success of some of these professionals and want to be apart of the market.

Whether hobbyist, established professional, or aspiring professional, we should continue to come together and provide each other with what this forum gives us a venue to.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John@Autopia-Carcare.com View Post
    In my opinion, It seems like more people are developing their knowledge of detailing, partially thanks to venues like Detail City. They see the success of some of these professionals and want to be apart of the market.

Whether hobbyist, established professional, or aspiring professional, we should continue to come together and provide each other with what this forum gives us a venue to.
    The post I made was meant to be as a positive (unsure if it was misinterpreted).

I`ve been happy with the sub forum & general forum structure from day one (which wasn`t that long ago ). I use & browse any and all information to be found ....... 22 years in the business still allows me to learn just as much as I contribute.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information