Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

View Detail City on iPhone, Blackberry, Android and Nokia S60 using Tapatalk

Thanks to member feedback and a hot tip from holland_patrick, you can now use Tapatalk to view Detail City on the iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Nokia S60. Tapatalk for Blackberry is coming soon as well.

Tapatalk - iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Nokia forum app for vBulletin and phpBB

Edit 2/25/2010: Here is some additional information based comments in this thread.

Question: I can already view and post on forums, including Detail City, on a smart phone or iphone/itouch without this app, why would I need to use Tapatalk?

Answer: Yes, you can view and post on Detail City without using Tapatalk and it will render the site as you see it on a desktop. Some users describe the mobile forum experience cluttered, slow and cumbersome. Tapatalk makes viewing forums via mobile web browser better by stripping the forums down to the bare essentials and makes viewing and posting simple, fast and effecient. Your time is valuable and with Tapatalk forum load times are virtually non-exsistant.

Here is a how the Detail City forum home page looks when viewing on Matt at Autogeek`s iPhone with Tapatalk:

Now you can enjoy Detail City while on the go, anywhere you go!

Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

re: View Detail City on iPhone, Blackberry, Android and Nokia S60 using Tapatalk

Like Button!

Acrylic Paint Conditioner Gus-Gus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

re: View Detail City on iPhone, Blackberry, Android and Nokia S60 using Tapatalk

Good Job! that was up and running quick enough!
    "One day you will have to stop being a Muppet...So take the hand out of yer butt and walk for yourself."

Claying does not mean "High end". It means quality/caring. So would actually learning a trade instead of "Hey I can wash and wax a car, so I`ma gonna be a detailer."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    Tapatalk for Blackberry is coming soon as well.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ask and ye shall receive.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer, I have a Blackberry, want it now!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dwayne, it is a lot easier to read then using the browser on the phone.
    A new year to a new beginning.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a blackberry as my internet source. What would be differant?

Post Thanks / Like

I downloaded the free Tapatalk app last night for my iphone and was playing around with it to see if I`d pat for the full version. I gotta say, it was pretty cool looking at the site using the app. Very much easier than trying to read it on the Safari browser. For $2.99 the app gives you the ability to reply to threads as opposed to just reading them on the free app.

As far as I could find, DC and Autogeek are the only detailing forums that I frequent that are on Tapatalk right now. Way to be a pioneer Dwayne.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why can`t you post via a smart phone or iphone/itouch without this ap?
    I have done it in the past without a problem, and I`m not too technologically astute.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr View Post
    I have done it in the past without a problem, and I`m not too technologically astute.
    I"m able to post with out the app from my BB but its slow and cumbersome
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr View Post

You can, but on the iphone it renders the page as you see it on a desktop - so it`s pretty small. I would also imagine that would take forever on the AT&T non-3G service. This app supposedly can load the posts faster. It`s pretty much text - no pics, avatars, smilies, etc.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I just downloaded the read-only version. I gotta say, I really like how simple it is to view a forum with this app. I usually don`t go on forums since it gets too cluttered on a phone, but I think that`s about the change.

The load times are virtually non-existant, and everything is VERY easy to read. I took a few pics; I`ll let them do the talking.

I`ll definitely be getting the full version later!
    www.autogeek.net - We Are Car Care!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks looks similar to the app for facebook, will be nice when they release for the BB
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Updated original post in this thread with information based on your feedback. Thanks to everyone that gave this a try and offered input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information