I seems weird that I need to ask this question of the Autopian management/owners.
Is there a new physical mailing/shipping address for this business IF the store is indeed, moving?
There is none listed on the Autopia Store website.
Reference: Autopia Store\service

What precipitated this question is the "revamped` Autopia Store website. I find it clunky and difficult to navigate. Having to select the number columns and number of products per page for EACH new product line is unintelligent and WHY it cannot be saved while you are viewing the website beyond me. Arranging it by price or reviews or A-to-Z (alphabetical) IS an OK user-definable Sort to list by. I assume the default display of products sorts and lists by what has sold the most of or is the most-popular selling items in descending order.
What really gets me is finding all the products that are out-of-stock, especially within the Meg`s Detailing Line.
THAT is not listed on the product display until you select the individual product description. It should be on the main product page of the sorted products. Then again, that would REALLY tell you how many products in that specific product line or product grouping are out-of-stock.
What IS going on???

I thought the old website set-up was better organized.

Anyone else seeing these problems? Maybe that is just me. (You sound "bitter", Captain Obvious)