Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recent autopia.org forum issues

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Which of course, directly lead to us not being able to get to the desired home page.

David B hasn`t owned the forum for 12 years or something...I don`t see how he has anything to do with the current software discussion or with how social media has affected forum participation.

I found 99 posts (not threads) that mention Facebook from the first one in 2006 through the end of 2010...so that`s across Autopia, Detail City, and Truth In Detailing; I think it`s safe to say that DavidB didn`t drive the Autopia membership to social media.

Complaining about DavidB is so...last decade.

There are currently 4 active threads on this board. There used to be thousands of views daily. This is most likely part of the advertising budget. AG can`t be making money off this site. After Mike left the AG board, the volume of new posts dropped dramatically. I don`t think the boards are really a priority. I think they make their sales off email marketing.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m still having issues here...gotta "refresh" over and over then suddenly I don`t have to any more, and then I do again, etc. etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I am a social media anomaly, as I do not belong to any of the popular social media platforms due to my desire for personal anonymity..
    Heh heh, you and me both Lonnie! Zero Social Media involvement for Yours Truly and that`s not gonna change.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll third that sentiment!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    There are currently 4 active threads on this board. There used to be thousands of views daily. This is most likely part of the advertising budget. AG can`t be making money off this site. After Mike left the AG board, the volume of new posts dropped dramatically. I don`t think the boards are really a priority. I think they make their sales off email marketing.
    I think you`re making my point for me--it`s nothing specific to this forum or because of DavidB, traffic is way down at forums, and yet competent companies still "make their sales".

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure. Other forums seem to have more traffic. Sure the volume has dropped some but the reality is that facebook is horrible for searching for info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I`m not sure. Other forums seem to have more traffic.
    Sure AGO does, I think AGO surpassed the traffic here after the disruption when 3D bought it, maybe before that. But the Optimum forum is slower than this one. I don`t really know what goes on at MOL anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem, could t get it to load from the usual link to New Posts.

Forums have basically become a place for people who love to dig into the minutia of a topic. Many of the ones I used to frequent are no longer active. I wasn’t getting enough information for specific questions on social media and a car friend recommended this forum. Been here since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information