Post Thanks / Like

Are the "Home" tab and the "Forum" Tab now the same?

Has anyone noticed if after logging on that the screen display seems to revert to the "Forum" tab screen and not the "Home" tab screen display.
    Used to be when I logged on I got the screen display of all the recent threads that were brand new or that a recent post in an older thread subject been added and they were always listed in chronological order by day and time.
    NOW when I log on, all I see is what looks like the same screen display of the "Forum" tab. When I select the "Home" tab, it does not change and looks identical to the "Forum" tab screen display.
    Anyone else having that problem??

Just wondering if I have something in my profile settings that may be causing this "problem`. I really do not know.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are the "Home" tab and the "Forum" Tab now the same?

They`re the same for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Same for me; if I click the home button it defaults to the Forum tab.

I think you can get to the view you describe by forcing your browser to go to autopia.org , not autopia.org/anything else

Post Thanks / Like

I wish the admins in this forum would at least look at this thread and acknowledge this "situation" as a problem for myself.
    The "Home" Tab will not highlight and defaults to the "Forum" tab and its subsequent screen display.

I have tried using the "Recent Threads" tab, but that only displays threads that have are new OR have a post added to it in the last 24 hours.

The "Original" screen display of the `Home" Tab USED to have thread topics listed either by most recent posts added to them or new post added to the forum chronologically with the WHOLE page display of all those thread topics, regardless if they were t somewhat old. That`s the way I was hoping to see those thread topics listed again.

By the way, I cannot (actually should not) use the "Report This Thread" Icon at the lower left corner of thread posts because the admins only what bag language, inappropriate content, advertising, name-calling, and other forum rules violations for using this "Report" Icon and subsequent text message to the admins. This perceived "problem" of mine certainly does not fall into that realm.
    (Whine, whine, whine Captain Obvious.. How `bout a little cheese with that whine. Hey, you`re from America`s Dairyland state, Wisconsin. Just saying`!......)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie - I’m assuming the newfound “home” view you (also) don’t care for looks like this:

I’m guessing the old view you’re looking for was this:

?

If so, while it’s admittedly a work around while waiting for things to go back to how they were, try my tip above about going to the url autopia.org , not https://www.autopia.org/forums/searc...archid=2031174 like the “new posts” tab queues up.

If I’m misunderstanding what the page you’re describing is, I apologize for trying to help your situation by offering the same advice twice.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Oneheadlite, that IS the screen display scenario I am experiencing.
    Thanks for posting the screen display pics. I am guessing you took photos of your computer screen with your smart phone camera, then posted those photos. That`s an "innovative" pictorial way to capture this "Recent Posts" screen display problem. As they say, "A picture`s worth a thousand words." (OK, Captain Cliche; whatever you say...)

My "work around" is to open a New tab with Google Chrome and access the Autopia forum. I do not have to log-in again since I have done that in the initial tab opened in Chrome of the Autopia forum. THEN I do get the initial screen display I desire with all the recent threads and new posts.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I will add to this that a number of the other options and links on the home page no longer work…. The 2 different links to the chat box have not worked for quite some time. Most of the quick link on the left side of the page are broken as well.

With the seeming slowdown and downfall of forums and especially this forum I wonder how long it will be around? So many people are using other social media type outlets to show their work or ask questions. But forums I think still allow for better searching and keeping of old info, conversations, trends, etc. On current social media places you really only get what is happening now today.

Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Thread Information