• Velocity

20 74.07%
  • MAVTV

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Member Input Needed

I did see the bf commercial earlier today. crap I forget which channel, velocity maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    I personally stopped watching live TV at least 5 years ago and I stopped watching commercials right when the PVR`s came out about 10 years ago. I also use ad blockers on my browser`s (PC/mobile phones) and it even blocks the YouTube ad`s (so far). I guess you`ll reach the older and sports demographic with Television commercials. I`d advertize during golf as I presume it would match these demographics. I personally live stream my sporting events commercial free... I even went to the extent of boycotting movie theaters because of the commercials before the movie (not the trailers, duh). I ended building home theater (1080p 3D DLP projector, comfy seating, popcorn machine, 7.1 Bose surround sound system).

Advertising something in an intrusive way (during a television program) is a huge turn off to me. Just imagine if you bought the next best seller (book) and on page 10 is a fold-out advertisement, people would not be impressed. I think of companies like Collinite that I had never heard of until I became an enthusiast. Collinite has great products and they don`t seem to waste much of their profits advertising or making new bottles...

Netflix has just been the icing on my ad-free-cake
    haha i did the same thing with Movie Theaters, got tired of pre-movie commercials, annoying and inconsiderate people sitting so close to me(you`ll never know who you`ll get) so i ended up turning my master bedroom into my own theater (120" framed screen,1080p 3D projector and currently a 5.1 speaker setup with the option for 7.1) . I will only go to Movies if i feel like i must watch it right away and don`t feel like waiting.

Back on topic - i agree with the previous mention of probably getting more attention via Youtube Ads (and maybe cheaper than using TV Networks?) if you`re trying to reach more people since nowadays 9 out of 10 people, that i know watch TV, use DVR and skip all TV commercials. Just send us T-Shirts/caps/hoodies and we`ll be your Mobile advertising .
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I skip the YouTube ads. Don`t get MAVtv. Spike does not appeal to me at all. I do watch a lot of Velocity and have seen some AG commercials.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think you will reach more consumers advertising on YouTube. The amount of traffic they receive is WAY more than all those channels combined. Plus, you already have them half way there by being one click away.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I watch History channel and MLB network quite a bit. Velocity is almost car-specific so I think Autopia would do well to advertise there.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    I did see the bf commercial earlier today. crap I forget which channel, velocity maybe?
    I saw it also. I saw it on velocity during the Garage Squad. I record almost everything I watch, with the exception of live sports, so I can skip over the commercials. (Stopped fast forwarding tonight when I saw Blackfire go by, just to check it out).

As for networks, velocity for car shows, NBC Sports for F1 and I think Indycar is on that channel for some races, and spike for power block.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m getting kind of bored with Netflix so I flipped through the channels today. Velocity won, never realized that`s what Cuban Chrome is on. Odd show, but I kind of like it.

Point is... saw both the Autopia Car Care and BlackFire commercials... between midnight and 1 in the morning.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not watch sports on TV except limited college football.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    haha i did the same thing with Movie Theaters, got tired of pre-movie commercials, annoying and inconsiderate people sitting so close to me(you`ll never know who you`ll get) so i ended up turning my master bedroom into my own theater (120" framed screen,1080p 3D projector and currently a 5.1 speaker setup with the option for 7.1) . I will only go to Movies if i feel like i must watch it right away and don`t feel like waiting.

Back on topic - i agree with the previous mention of probably getting more attention via Youtube Ads (and maybe cheaper than using TV Networks?) if you`re trying to reach more people since nowadays 9 out of 10 people, that i know watch TV, use DVR and skip all TV commercials. Just send us T-Shirts/caps/hoodies and we`ll be your Mobile advertising .
    Forget the topic, I also gave up on movie theaters for 3 reasons. 1, the general public sucks to watch a movie with. 2, The ridiculous amount of adds prior to the movie. 3, the start times are a lie. the tell you its a 7:20 showing so you get there a little early to get a good seat and the movie doesn`t start till almost 8:00 they have you watching adds for 45-55 minutes fudge that.

I am also a home theater enthusiast like you 110" 1080P Fixed Screen 9.2 sound system. I want to upgrade in the next few years to 4K with a 135-150" motorized drop screen, and upgrade to Dolby Atmos and the new DTS:X 7.4.4. Maybe get all new speakers for the room will see i love mine but they are 15 years old.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Forget the topic, I also gave up on movie theaters for 3 reasons. 1, the general public sucks to watch a movie with. 2, The ridiculous amount of adds prior to the movie. 3, the start times are a lie. the tell you its a 7:20 showing so you get there a little early to get a good seat and the movie doesn`t start till almost 8:00 they have you watching adds for 45-55 minutes fudge that.

I am also a home theater enthusiast like you 110" 1080P Fixed Screen 9.2 sound system. I want to upgrade in the next few years to 4K with a 135-150" motorized drop screen, and upgrade to Dolby Atmos and the new DTS:X 7.4.4. Maybe get all new speakers for the room will see i love mine but they are 15 years old.
    Dolby Atmos would be so sick, my current set up may be as far as i would go(besides converting to 7.1 since my receiver allows it) because at 55% volume, the room is shaking and i`m pretty sure all my close neighbors can hear the bass INSIDE their Homes during loud scenes . I know because my Girlfriend`s Sister`s in-laws live diagonally behind us, and i was told that it sounds like distant thunder in their house when i`m watching a movie. I have to limit my loud movies to day time only. Also my friend who sold me and installed the system was the previous owner of the Sound System and i got a sick deal for everything and i`m very pleased with it. I need to move to the country and get an acre so i can really blast it. 9.2 system, in wall speakers? how big is your theater room may i ask? did you actually have one built or did you just convert a current room in your House?
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I finally caught the Autopia ad on Velocity yesterday. It was lacking something. I know you only have 30 seconds to convey what Autopia is about. Get people`s attention like Hardee`s. Sex sells. A Hardee`s babe with a perfect classic car. Needs some sensationalism to drive people to the site. Trying to be honest and help. The commercial didn`t make me want to find out more about Autopia. And please don`t ask Wayne Carini to be your spokesman, he is as dry as a popcorn fart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    how big is your theater room may i ask? did you actually have one built or did you just convert a current room in your House?
    My friend and I built it together in my basement 2 rooms one dedicated theater room with a 8" riser for the second row and a bar top along the back wall. the other room is for video games and a pool table. theater is 30 deep X 14 wide x 9 ceilings. I am on 2.5 acres so no worries about the neighbors, also we screwed all the studs and it has a floating floor not tied to the walls and I had 1/2 Sheetrock done and insulation in all the walls and ceiling to try and tame to much sound leakage but none that worked still load as hell in the rest the house. My first system was in high school and its been and ever evolving and upgrading hobby.
    Likes Ronkh, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    My friend and I built it together in my basement 2 rooms one dedicated theater room with a 8" riser for the second row and a bar top along the back wall. the other room is for video games and a pool table. theater is 30 deep X 14 wide x 9 ceilings. I am on 2.5 acres so no worries about the neighbors, also we screwed all the studs and it has a floating floor not tied to the walls and I had 1/2 Sheetrock done and insulation in all the walls and ceiling to try and tame to much sound leakage but none that worked still load as hell in the rest the house. My first system was in high school and its been and ever evolving and upgrading hobby.
    Yeah I`ve read that the only way is to create a "floating" room within the existing room to avoid sound throughout the rest of the House. Mine currently leaks through the attic out the roof mesh vents. Need to work on that. That`s very cool that you`re in land so you can be as loud as you want. I need to do the riser ,never got around to it so all I have is two recliners right in the sweet spot and a folding pleather futon that I use when guests come over. Not sure I have enough depth in my room.

Post Thanks / Like

You know.. All this talk is worthless without pics.

Sent from my toilet using TapaTalk. You never know, do you?
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes Migue, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i saw the ad on youtube, as a recommended video. I don`t watch live tv, nor do I watch any of those listed on this poll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information