Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Horrible Customer Service from Autopia !!!

I am curious how ACC and AG operate independently from the same location. Does ACC have completely separate customer service operation inside the same building? PMBG sells through other web portals (like wolfgangcarcare.com).

I was sure ACC does not have a separate warehouse and pull from same stock using same shipping department.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I am curious how ACC and AG operate independently from the same location. Does ACC have completely separate customer service operation inside the same building? PMBG sells through other web portals (like wolfgangcarcare.com).

I was sure ACC does not have a separate warehouse and pull from same stock using same shipping department.
    Thats what i think as well.

My order seemed a little slow getting shipped out too, but its all good in the hood.

Post Thanks / Like

Horrible Customer Service from Autopia !!!

One thing that would really help is an accurate real time inventory system. Once the product is counted as zero on hand, it would not let people order. This is similar to what Amazon has, where it tells you how many are in stock. Many websites have this. It really makes the buyer feel confident when ordering stuff online you won`t be waiting forever to get your order due to a back ordered item.

On the other hand, I`m really hoping they don`t want folks to order stuff that is knowingly out of stock without their knowledge just to increase the sale.
    Likes MooreImpressive, Angus, LostHighway liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Overall I have had good experiences from Autopia with the exception of a blip here or there. The one negative that I have noticed is that my orders rarely get shipped the same day even when I place my order well before lunch. I just think if you are going to make that claim that you need to be able to follow through on it. Even if I place my order at night many times it has not shipped the following day. I usually know to allow for this but it can be frustrating if I need a product ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Horrible Customer Service from Autopia !!!-untitled.png
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post

That was my point. I had no idea they were the same company and now I know they certainly seem to act like two separate companies.

I usually use AG or DD. I thought I would give Autopia a try and support the forum. After two days of messages and zero reply I called AG

I called AG at 2pm PST, a lady answered the phone in two rings, helped me with my order and a little extra discount because I was ordering so much and by 4pm (2 hrs later) I had my ship confirmation from the shipping company. Thats what I call customer service.

Really hard to beleive these are owned by the same company. Doesn`t even seem that there phone systems are the same.

Post Thanks / Like

last time I ordered from AutoGeek I had the EXACT same problem as OP (always heard AG is the same company as Autopia, though not sure). placed an order with about 15 different items, waited about 3 or 4 days and never got a shipping email. called them and they said ONE single item from my order was on back order and would be a couple weeks before it would ship. of course, I had to ask why they 1) wouldn`t email me or call to let me know. after all, isn`t that why they need our phone number in the first place? 2) just go ahead and ship the rest of the order, especially since the item that was on backorder was a single order of the CarPro velvet pads which, being so lightweight, would have only cost a couple dollars to ship separately, so no big loss for AG there. so what did they do to fix the problem? they immediately shipped the package with the in stock items (regular UPS, not next day or anything, still took 4 more days to arrive), and they also gave me a $20 credit to use toward my next order. that was a great response from them.

obviously they didn`t learn anything from my experience since they are still doing the same thing. these days, with everyone having the internet and phone in their pockets all the time, it seems like they would understand how simple it is to spend 30 seconds and shoot somebody an email to let them know of the situation. buy hey, if I can get a $20 credit each time, I suppose I can`t complaint too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I don`t understand. When shopping the store "most" of the time in the store it tells you if a product is out of stock or not. So if it says it is out of stock: 1 - why would you order it expecting it to ship ASAP & 2 - why would you expect them to ship our your order in multiple shipments?

And if it was so important to get your stuff shipped next day why would you wait 3-4 day to get this info? When I order and need it ASAP I call ray and talk direct to the man that can make it happen.
    Likes Angus, goin2drt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^ I dunno man. It happened to me a few times at AG and numerous others as well. It`s very frustrating. When I order something, I expect the vendor to actually have in stock what they are charging me for. I don`t like to be sold stuff that someone actually doesn`t have. If they don`t have it they shouldn`t be presenting it as being "available".

Because, most of the time, I would simply have just picked a different product to get my stuff in a timely manner. Or, if you need that specific thing, you can just go to another vendor that has it in stock. This is a pet peeve of mine.

Would a vendor accept an I.O.U from me for the CASH I am paying for something??? Why should the purchaser have to accept an I.O.U. For something that is not in stock???

I`m just speaking in general here, but this really can be frustrating for the purchaser and make you leery of purchasing something somewhere if you know your order may be held up for a week plus.
    Thanks ww2weaver thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia has had items out of stock before and the website doesn`t even give an option to add it to the cart. So somewhere along the line, things run out of stock and the website doesn`t get updated with the info. I was able to add a couple Meg`s products to my order all saying in stock, and got a back order notice a couple days later. Didn`t ship for another week. There is definitely a problem here that they need to address that`s for sure.

Speaking of out of stock items... The lake country 5.5" thin purple foamed wool pads have been out of stock since LAST YEAR. Will they ever be in stock? I wanted to buy some of them last summer and have kept an eye on them ever since. Still out of stock

Post Thanks / Like

^ I do get it and understand. It sound like inventory track controls need to be upgraded a little. I do agree they really should charge the card until the material is shipping.
    Likes Angus, Swanicyouth, MooreImpressive liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I too had a very similar experience to the original OP. À backing plate I ordered along with a Flex PE8 was on back order although the website did not show it as such. Imaging in 2015 not having an inventory control system that ties into your website. After waiting 3 days waiting for shipment notice I called and was informed of the back order. On the day I was told the missing item was to be in, I called and left 3 voice mails for the only guy who can answer back order questions and never received a call back. I called the following day which was a Saturday to cancel my order and was told no one was there with authority to do that. Four days later the order did finally ship and they sent by Pony Express which took another 5 days to get here. Final tally, pushing 3 weeks to get my order. To add insult to injury I lost the detail I needed the Flex for because of their incompetence, lack of inventory control and horrible communication skills. They`ve seen their last red cent from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Lighten up Francis.........

Post Thanks / Like

w00p w00p w00p

Waaaambulance coming through. Y`all want some cheese with all that whine?

Dislikes MooreImpressive, LostHighway disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had very minor issues if any, mostly on communication and their price match promise, but as Ray said they are working on it and all will be well. Saying that, I`ve had worse from others. Imagine ordering from a supposedly "premium" company, taking your money, and even faults you for not following up on them despite the many emails and calls unanswered from my end, and discovering that my order has not even shipped after two months because "they didn`t know where to send it" despite everything being filled out and is crystal clear. No follow ups, no customer service, lame excuses, and the inability to accept their mistake and point the finger at the customer is a disgrace.

That said, I do appreciate it when someone acknowledges that they are indeed behind, and that they would need to work on a few things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information