Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I get off of the "No Fly List"?

Every time that I come here I get the message that I have a suspicious IP address (from "ProjectHoneyBucket" or something like that) and have to "click here to continue".

Annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I`m sorry, I don`t agree this is a "180". I used to come here and click on "new posts" and get a list of threads that I could click on. There were buttons to click to move from page to page, buttons for "reply", etc. Now I come here and hit "what`s new", and get a list of threads that I can click on. There are buttons, etc. The colors are really not even that much different, IMO...mostly the addition of the yellow. Perhaps you and I visit different portions of the site. I don`t like change better than anybody else, but some of you guys sound like you`ve never gotten a new car, a new cell phone, a new cable box, or yes, a new OS version. Losing the gallery is a big deal, however, if the result is all old threads losing their pictures (if the pictures were hosted here). Unfortunately for the most part software upgrades are a necessary evil, whether at home, work, or your favorite forum.

I think it`s as "180" as a forum can get... forum is now just another tab on the site, instead of the main thing, no user cp that keeps you on the forum, colors are all over the place, etc. I welcome change all the new features but the forum as a whole is unwelcoming. I figured it`s better to post an opinion on there than to just slowly stop coming to it because I don`t like how text has no boundaries, etc.

I know they are fixing it little by little (and it`s fairly obvious) but if no one here said anything they would never know. For some odd reason you guys that are completely fine with the forum make it seem like we that are complaining have pitchforks and are chanting "death to autopia" haha. It`s just expressing our opinions to make the forum we all like a lot better and easier to navigate for the user, even with the new upgrades.

Simple truth here is that you can`t fight facts... people are complaining about a lot of things, which means that even though you might be totally fine with the new forum, many have their issues with it and will become less frequent users. Everyone has opinions, and when many opinions as the same, they tend to become facts.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR
    I think it`s as "180" as a forum can get... forum is now just another tab on the site, instead of the main thing, no user cp that keeps you on the forum, colors are all over the place, etc.

I honestly don`t know what you are talking about. The forum was always just a tab...the home page has been a hodgepodge of different things for years, a little snippet from each section (forum, shoutbox, new members, etc). Perhaps you had a bookmark that took you directly to the forum page, why don`t you try that now? And the CP was never "on the forum", it was always a separate page, just like now, except now it`s called "settings" instead of "user CP". As far as "colors all over the place", they have added yellow, it`s not like XP fluorescent. It was blue and gray before, now it`s blue, gray, and yellow :nixweiss

Simple truth here is that you can`t fight facts... people are complaining about a lot of things, which means that even though you might be totally fine with the new forum, many have their issues with it and will become less frequent users. Everyone has opinions, and when many opinions as the same, they tend to become facts.

People always complain when things change. I complain every time Windows or Office gets updated and I can`t find anything anymore. It`s going to take me a little time to adjust to the changes at Autopia, too. The fact is in today`s world that things change, and you have to adapt and get used to them, and fix things (that you can) to your liking. One thing I`m pretty sure of, is the mgmt. isn`t going back to the old software, they had their reasons (good ones, I`m sure) for doing this upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I honestly don`t know what you are talking about. The forum was always just a tab...the home page has been a hodgepodge of different things for years, a little snippet from each section (forum, shoutbox, new members, etc). Perhaps you had a bookmark that took you directly to the forum page, why don`t you try that now? And the CP was never "on the forum", it was always a separate page, just like now, except now it`s called "settings" instead of "user CP". As far as "colors all over the place", they have added yellow, it`s not like XP fluorescent. It was blue and gray before, now it`s blue, gray, and yellow :nixweiss

People always complain when things change. I complain every time Windows or Office gets updated and I can`t find anything anymore. It`s going to take me a little time to adjust to the changes at Autopia, too. The fact is in today`s world that things change, and you have to adapt and get used to them, and fix things (that you can) to your liking. One thing I`m pretty sure of, is the mgmt. isn`t going back to the old software, they had their reasons (good ones, I`m sure) for doing this upgrade.

I`m not here to argue buddy. The colors aren`t really friendly and the post boxes aren`t as defined as before. I am sure they`ll get there again and all will be perfect, but I`m sharing my opinion on how it can be improved, as are others here. Windows/Word update their products... this was not an upgrade, this was a change, in color, layout, features, etc. Yes it still works and works just fine, but it`s not an improvement of the old site, it`s a new site. Hope that makes sense.

Oh and I have no doubt the software in itself is a good thing and there`s no going back, but the other stuff, just like how the width improved, can be improved on.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not here to argue buddy. Windows/Word update their products... this was not an upgrade, this was a change, in color, layout, features, etc. Yes it still works and works just fine, but it`s not an improvement of the old site, it`s a new site. Hope that makes sense.

Vista was just an upgrade? It wasn`t a change in color, layout, features, etc.? I`m glad you`re not arguing, because I remember Vista being a lot of "changes"...and Windows 7? Fuggedaboutit! This has become a pointless argument, but the ribbon menu in Office 2007 wasn`t a change in color, layout, and features? It was just an upgrade and improvement, not a new application? Even with the .docx change that made it incompatible with earlier versions?

We`re really parsing and splitting hairs between what is "new", "upgraded", "updated" etc. I understand you don`t like it, and respect your right to complain about it and try to get changed what you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Yeah, and you yourself showed a TON of respect and maturity (and made a very helpful and constructive post) when you said this:

Hypocrisy much?

Check the meaning of Hypocrisy and get back to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CCSS2005
    Check the meaning of Hypocrisy and get back to me

Shouldn`t I be saying that to you?

I don`t think I`ve ever seen someone as clueless and less helpful than you on this forum. Hopefully you will keep your post count relatively low, like it is now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok you guys, why don`t you take this to PMs?

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tapatalk is now awailable in Autopia 2.0 . This is great now all the Iphone`s or Blackberry`s etc... will be having Autopia in your fingertips.

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you download the application from the app store, Under the "Detailing" category Autopia is the first forum.

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys

Just trying my ipone now.

It will be great with the new iPhone 4. This way I can leave this app ON all the time in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast908z
    Ok you guys, why don`t you take this to PMs?

No worries, I am done with that boob. Sorry for cluttering the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tunch123
    Tapatalk is now awailable in Autopia 2.0 . This is great now all the Iphone`s or Blackberry`s etc... will be having Autopia in your fingertips.

Cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have an App on the Android network?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Shouldn`t I be saying that to you?

I don`t think I`ve ever seen someone as clueless and less helpful than you on this forum. Hopefully you will keep your post count relatively low, like it is now.

Didn`t think you knew!!Proved my point i`m done:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I`m having some problems. The shoutbox at the top of the forum page, the text is overlayed onto the surrounding headers, etc. (doesn`t stay in the box). If I go to the "archive" view, it`s fine, but there`s no way to "shout" from there. I don`t see where there is a full-page shoutbox as before.

Also, I`m getting some weird right-justification when I open certain threads. If it`s too wide for the window, instead of running off the right side, it starts in the middle of the page and justifies at the right side, so I have to scroll back to see the left side of the page.

I`m on Vista/IE7.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information