Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the gallery? Everything I had in it is gone.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the new features are fine it`s the GUI that`s all messed up. Well not messed up per-say but too extremely different. Keep the features loose the skin and get back to something close to what we were used to and make subtle changes to get to this point. I`m all for change but when your talking about a site this large you can`t just make huge sweeping drastic changes like this and not expect to ruffle some feathers. I think we`ll all get used to it eventually (not like we have much of a choice right LOL) But I feel this was too much all at once.
    -Jake Bright Dynamics Auto Spa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by admin
    euroteknik.com uses vb version 3.0. With 4.0, it has been completely redesigned. I do like your idea of more separation in color between the user and the post. Will look into it.

I was talking more about the organization of everything, rather than the technical side. As I said, the forum should be the center of attention, at least in my opinion, and Euroteknik does that perfectly, along with all the colors/separation/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    I think the new features are fine it`s the GUI that`s all messed up. Well not messed up per-say but too extremely different. Keep the features loose the skin and get back to something close to what we were used to and make subtle changes to get to this point. I`m all for change but when your talking about a site this large you can`t just make huge sweeping drastic changes like this and not expect to ruffle some feathers. I think we`ll all get used to it eventually (not like we have much of a choice right LOL) But I feel this was too much all at once.

I agree to an extent. I too don`t mind the new features and kind of like the new stuff where you can have more of a community page (similar to facebook/blogs/etc.) but I feel that those features should be in the background to the forum. The colors obviously annoy me. I guess I`m trying to say that I`m not upset about the change, just upset that I have to look at something unfriendly, which will eventually lead me to come less and less. I do HATE the yellow/orange color though, with a passion. I think 3-4 colors would work wonders when done properly, instead of the current 6-7+

Let`s put it this way... my posts here in the past week have mostly been in this and the other thread about the new design, simply because I don`t like to look at stuff as much anymore because of the interface. The one thing I`m very impressed with is admins actually responding and I finally had my name changed after about a year of PMs. Thanks admin!
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    What happened to the gallery? Everything I had in it is gone.

The previous gallery plug in does not work with the new version of vbulletin. We had to switch to a new one. At the moment there is no import ability from the old to the new, but will try to import when one becomes available.

In the mean time, you can post again.

Post Thanks / Like
    :lolol
    the previous gallery plug in does not work with the new version of vbulletin. We had to switch to a new one. At the moment there is no import ability from the old to the new, but will try to import when one becomes available.

in the mean time, you can post again.

phail

Post Thanks / Like
    The previous gallery plug in does not work with the new version of vbulletin. We had to switch to a new one. At the moment there is no import ability from the old to the new, but will try to import when one becomes available.

In the mean time, you can post again.

Ouch. If it still has the 20 picture per day limit, it would take me several months to put everything back.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Your file(s) have been successfully uploaded and will appear as soon as a moderator has had time to review and approve them.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Uploaded pictures resize down to 400 x 300, that pretty much makes the gallery useless. That picture size it simply too small for a visual medium like detailing.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Uploaded pictures resize down to 400 x 300, that pretty much makes the gallery useless. That picture size it simply too small for a visual medium like detailing.

I agree. 600 x 400 should be min size, maybe even 750 x 500
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless the forum changes its format back, I see this as the beginning of the end for this forum. Shoot in 48 hours I`ve seen a big drop in the postings on a few big sections of the forum already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast908z
    Unless the forum changes its format back, I see this as the beginning of the end for this forum. Shoot in 48 hours I`ve seen a big drop in the postings on a few big sections of the forum already.

That`s my main concern exactly. It`s one thing to have to adjust to something visually, but when everything`s out of whack, people will stop coming. Hopefully they take this into consideration.
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

What are you talking about? If you read on you will see that they are willing to listen to what peoples opinions are about the site and make changes that are needed or at least look into them RELAX DUDE:dance

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear autopians,

We are very excited for the new upgraded Autopia. Thank you all for your comments, suggestions, and concerns your input is greatly appreciated. We are working hard to change certain aspects for Autopia to become a more user-friendly site. As you can see, the site no longer has a fixed-width; while there are some more coding issues that need to be updated along with this specific change, we hope that you will be pleased with the wider screen resolution until we can make a more uniform layout.

Thank you for your patience, as you can see we are still making improvements to the site. We have updated the pixels of the images!!!!:clap: YAY!

We want to ensure all of you that the new Autopia will definitely be more user friendly than before and you will enjoy the new functions as well. It will just take a short while longer to perfect.

Thank you for your collaboration! :thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tunch123
    Dear autopians,

We are very excited for the new upgraded Autopia. Thank you all for your comments, suggestions, and concerns your input is greatly appreciated. We are working hard to change certain aspects for Autopia to become a more user-friendly site. As you can see, the site no longer has a fixed-width; while there are some more coding issues that need to be updated along with this specific change, we hope that you will be pleased with the wider screen resolution until we can make a more uniform layout.

Thank you for your patience, as you can see we are still making improvements to the site. We have updated the pixels of the images!!!!:clap: YAY!

We want to ensure all of you that the new Autopia will definitely be more user friendly than before and you will enjoy the new functions as well. It will just take a short while longer to perfect.

Thank you for your collaboration! :thx

May I suggest involving the members in the design phase, or rather re-design of what it is now. It`s obvious many are hating the new site and it might be a good idea to find out why, instead of just experimenting with different things. The little while might take less time that way. Just an opinion.
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR
    I agree. 600 x 400 should be min size, maybe even 750 x 500

The gallery should now allow images up to 1280 x 768. If you have any other issues. Please let me know. Also there should be no limit in place currently for the amount of images uploaded per day.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information