Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    For starters you can create your own blog, see multiple calendars (public or Personal). Add videos to posts. Better photo management. Friends lists.. Classifieds will be totally free and categorized. Members can sell even cars and any automotive related products with new shipping options and sellers will be rated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tunch123
    For starters you can create your own blog, see multiple calendars (public or Personal). Add videos to posts. Better photo management. Friends lists.. Classifieds will be totally free and categorized. Members can sell even cars and any automotive related products with new shipping options and sellers will be rated.

That`s all well and good but it doesn`t address my issue or others in regards to the format. You can add all that stuff without changing the format to such a poor layout.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast908z
    That`s all well and good but it doesn`t address my issue or others in regards to the format. You can add all that stuff without changing the format to such a poor layout.

I completely agree. If the new staff decides to take some polls/advice from some of us old time regulars of the forum I`d be happy to participate. In my opinion, and I think many posting criticisms will agree, this is a perfect sample of a forum layout... http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/usercp.php

Very similar to the old autopia format. The forum is the key thing and at the top is a big menu for other parts of the site, but whether I`m in messages, user cp, etc. I should still see a forum menu above, instead of having to click back on forum to go from my messages to new posts or the forum. Colors to me are also annoying and I think stuff needs a little more bordering, as it`s hard to tell where stuff begins, ends, etc. Separate the member info on the left from their actual post, and separate members` posts with some bold-er vertical lines on each post.

I don`t mean to whine but I do spend a lot of time on the forum and I`d like it to be as easy to navigate as it once was. For me, long story short, make the forum the main thing and put other things in the background, instead of focusing on putting everything together.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    euroteknik.com uses vb version 3.0. With 4.0, it has been completely redesigned. I do like your idea of more separation in color between the user and the post. Will look into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by admin
    We do care about what you think. We know that the old version was very popular, but the new features in this version far outweigh anything that was lost.

You state that as though it is a fact. It isn`t. It is an opinion, and I am going to go out on a limb and say that it isn`t shared by everyone...including me.

Forget the so called "goodies". I just want to be able to post and read posts by others as easily as possible. This current format has done a lot to destroy that ability. At least for me. Hate is a strong word, I know.....but I really do hate it.

We know the structure is different, but its much more modern and in the direction a lot of forums and websites are going. It may take some time to get used to, but its packed with goodies.

I am a member of probably a dozen internet forums, ranging from dogs, guns, photography, home theater, autos, and detailing.

Not a single one of them has a format anything like this. Thank God.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by admin
    We do care about what you think. We know that the old version was very popular, but the new features in this version far outweigh anything that was lost.

If you really do care what we think, and if you feel confident that the users will agree that "the new features in this version far outweigh anything that was lost", would you consider putting up a poll asking that very question, and placing the poll in a high traffic area of the forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree put up a poll and see what the users want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Forget the so called "goodies". I just want to be able to post and read posts by others as easily as possible. This current format has done a lot to destroy that ability. At least for me. Hate is a strong word, I know.....but I really do hate it.

I`m not too thrilled either, but some of this is familiarity. Has there ever been a new version of Windows that anybody liked at first? No...cuz it`s all different, that`s why! Of course, I`m still using some Win95 software in compatibilty mode...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    If you really do care what we think, and if you feel confident that the users will agree that "the new features in this version far outweigh anything that was lost", would you consider putting up a poll asking that very question, and placing the poll in a high traffic area of the forum?
    :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: GET OUT THE CRYING TOWEL BOOO HOOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CCSS2005

That was helpful how?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see any real practical difference when viewing the message threads. Yes, the "View First Unread" is now located just right of center but the scheme is soft (easy on the eyes). The front page is a bit difference but I spend no time there since I bookmark the "new posts" view so that is where I start. I would like to see the "Today`s posts" option back.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    No one want`s to give it a chance they have been bashing this site every chance they get. Stop crying and wait. Im sure after a while they may make changes to better it. I have been on plenty of sites and this is one of the better ones ive seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    I do not see any real practical difference when viewing the message threads. Yes, the "View First Unread" is now located just right of center but the scheme is soft (easy on the eyes). The front page is a bit difference but I spend no time there since I bookmark the "new posts" view so that is where I start. I would like to see the "Today`s posts" option back.

That`s the way to express yourself . Give your opinion in the right manner

Post Thanks / Like
    Bring the old forum back.

The new one is just a PITA to navigate and is too crowded.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like

That`s the way to express yourself . Give your opinion in the right manner

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information